[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Well, as long as we're reorganizing things, does anybody think this sub-forum ("story, locations and character discussion") may be the wrong place for a thread that is suggesting an expansion to the game? Maybe it should be moved to "Suggestions and Modding"? That's where the devs are likely to be looking at, and this thread has a huge spoiler warning so there shouldn't be any issues.

Well, as long as we're reorganizing things, does anybody think this sub-forum ("story, locations and character discussion") may be the wrong place for a thread that is suggesting an expansion to the game? Maybe it should be moved to "Suggestions and Modding"? That's where the devs are likely to be looking at, and this thread has a huge spoiler warning so there shouldn't be any issues.

Good point. Moving in 3....2....1....

My guess is that the Oxenfurt expansion will be playable at every time during TW3 (once you enter Velen after the prologue) and that the Touissant expansion will be more or less a story of its own, separated from TW3. Maybe it's even something like "Something ends, something begins" for the books, a kind of alternative reality for which it's kind of unimportant what people choose to do in TW3. But that's of course just my speculation. So far, CDPR hasn't revealed anything about the timing and exact content of the expansions, especially not about the Touissant one but I doubt that it will be a direct continuation of the main stoy of TW3.

ive never known any dev company to create expansions that took place before the end of their game story. Not that it can't be a first, however that would seriously screw with quite a few things. Because if they throw it in the middle. All those people (like me) that are level 35+ won't get any exp really for the quests that are involved.

---------- Updated at 02:29 AM ----------

Um....what happened to my poll?

---------- Updated at 02:30 AM ----------

I specifically posted my thread in the suggestions and modding area. I am not really understanding why you said it was in the other thread area.

ive never known any dev company to create expansions that took place before the end of their game story. Not that it can't be a first, however that would seriously screw with quite a few things. Because if they throw it in the middle. All those people (like me) that are level 35+ won't get any exp really for the quests that are involved.

Deus Ex HR - The Missing Link took place between two acts of the main game, and was later incorporated into the GOTY(?) version. But yes, it is a problem. They used the artificial device of having a story line that involved resetting his skills to get round it.

Um....what happened to my poll?

I specifically posted my thread in the suggestions and modding area. I am not really understanding why you said it was in the other thread area.

The threads were merged, as they were on the same topic. People were already starting to re-post what they'd already said, and a new thread makes it difficult to "follow the thread".

Deus Ex HR - The Missing Link took place between two acts of the main game, and was later incorporated into the GOTY(?) version. But yes, it is a problem. They used the artificial device of having a story line that involved resetting his skills to get round it.

The threads were merged, as they were on the same topic.

Oh okay. Ty, also I didn't know that about the Deus Ex HR.

Why should you even want exp?
When you reach level 35, you have probably finished the game.
So everyone has to play the game the way you do? Maybe I want to take advantage of the near "unlimited levels" that CDPR has put into this game, and advantage of the game after the credits that they have given us.

Or maybe we should remove leveling out of video games entirely 100% and go to only loot that has a power ranking instead.

Last edited:
So everyone has to play the game the way you do? Maybe I want to take advantage of the near "unlimited levels" that CDPR has put into this game, and advantage of the game after the credits that they have given us.

The point is that the level 35 is already some kind of shadow level cap. Because, if the best way to level up is the main quest, once you finished that, levelling up became...very slow, and almost useless because there are only 2 mobs higher than 35.
It's not "how I play it". It's how the core design is.

Or maybe we should remove leveling out of video games entirely 100% and go to only loot that has a power ranking instead.

I don't know if you are joking about this, but it could actually be a good idea.

The point is that the level 35 is already some kind of shadow level cap. Because, if the best way to level up is the main quest, once you finished that, levelling up became...very slow, and almost useless because there are only 2 mobs higher than 35.
It's not "how I play it". It's how the core design is.

I don't know if you are joking about this, but it could actually be a good idea.

There are actually three things higher then 35. DId you find the level 48 royal griffin north of the cave that you traveled in with phillipa? I was more asking a question rhetorically of you.

ive never known any dev company to create expansions that took place before the end of their game story. Not that it can't be a first, however that would seriously screw with quite a few things. Because if they throw it in the middle. All those people (like me) that are level 35+ won't get any exp really for the quests that are involved..
All TES expansions worked that way (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim). You could start them whenever you wanted since they just added another story to their world.

And again, I don't think it would screw up much. The DLC missions already worked that way. And the Oxenfurt expansion isn't that big anyway. 10 hours max irrc. So it'd just add another big storyline to the Oxenfurt region (which is quite underdeveloped in comparison to Novigrad now with the whole academy being closed for example), that you could do if you want to do it. Basically a huge sidequest.

Well i'll start asking why this thread was moved here? yes there are suggestions but we are also descussing about the post main-story lack of main characters problem, so this thread is all about suggestions i think it should be move back.

Plus it has much less visibility here, you want this thread to die? i mean why did you suggest to move it here? So @Dragonbird can you please move it back, i think it will be batter to move it back where it was before for more that 140k views and 145 pages.

Now i see some people are suggesting to end the game with only a cutscene, well this is not gonna change the post main-story emptiness and sadness. So for me it will be nice if @cdprojekt RED will do a post main-story like:

1) Put main characters back in the post main-story with interactions like: dialogs, hunt/training Ciri, romance for Yenn/Triss and other interactions like qwent or drinking with all of the main characters. This way Geralt and we will have more time to spent with them. (I'm not asking for a lot of dialogs just a few to be able to talk with them).

2) Let us decide when we want to end the game for expample we've ended all secondary quests, all treasure hunting, all contracts in Ciris company, we've explored all the world and we are tired of Yenn or Triss ok, AT this point there should be a quest like some one suggested that can be activated when we want that will end the game with a cutscene and will take us in a NG+.

3) I think the expansions shoul work in the post main-story, this way we don't need to start the game again just po play 10 hours.
Oh and I am sure that a post main-story content with characters interactions would give all players much more playtime then only the expansions.

All TES expansions worked that way (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim). You could start them whenever you wanted since they just added another story to their world.

And again, I don't think it would screw up much. The DLC missions already worked that way. And the Oxenfurt expansion isn't that big anyway. 10 hours max irrc. So it'd just add another big storyline to the Oxenfurt region (which is quite underdeveloped in comparison to Novigrad now with the whole academy being closed for example), that you could do if you want to do it. Basically a huge sidequest.

No they didn't because that game doesn't have anything to do with experience per quests. I am talking about games where there is a level system set by experience.

Well i'll start asking why this thread was moved here? yes there are suggestions but we are also descussing about the post main-story lack of main characters problem, so this thread is all about suggestions i think it should be move back.

Plus it has much less visibility here, you want this thread to die? i mean why did you suggest to move it here? So @Dragonbird can you please move it back, i think it will be batter to move it back where it was before for more that 140k views and 145 pages.

Now i see some people are suggesting to end the game with only a cutscene, well this is not gonna change the post main-story emptiness and sadness. So for me it will be nice if @cdprojekt RED will do a post main-story like:

1) Put main characters back in the post main-story with interactions like: dialogs, hunt/training Ciri, romance for Yenn/Triss and other interactions like qwent or drinking with all of the main characters. This way Geralt and we will have more time to spent with them. (I'm not asking for a lot of dialogs just a few to be able to talk with them).

2) Let us decide when we want to end the game for expample we've ended all secondary quests, all treasure hunting, all contracts in Ciris company, we've explored all the world and we are tired of Yenn or Triss ok, AT this point there should be a quest like some one suggested that can be activated when we want that will end the game with a cutscene and will take us in a NG+.

3) I think the expansions shoul work in the post main-story, this way we don't need to start the game again just po play 10 hours.
Oh and I am sure that a post main-story content with characters interactions would give all players much more playtime then only the expansions.

i don't know if the whole expansion should take place after the endings but some content after the endings is a must

btw i totally agree with you @MrPanda92, you always say what I and surely other pople think and feel, you are like the voice of those who dwell in loneliness, silence and after-ending emptyness and sadness, i like and admire your passion, keep it up :)

:pride2::geraltsad::cirisad::affection:

i love this new emoticons btw

Last edited:

Devs are more likely to be looking here. Story discussion sub-forum is more for the players, not the people who made the story in the first place. There's already 147 pages of this. What is missing is a new response from the devs. Until they say what they can or can't do, or what is or isn't artistically acceptable for them in our ideas, everything we suggest is a stab in the dark.

If this thread is to be moved anywhere else, it should be the frontpage of the WITCHER 3 forum. It's a popular enough thread to warrant it, and topics there get responded to by the devs more frequently. @Dragonbird, what do you think?

i don't know if the whole expansion should take place after the endings but some content after the endings is a must

btw i totally agree with you @MrPanda92, you always say what I and surely other pople think and feel, you are like the voice of those who dwell in loneliness, silence and after-ending emptyness and sadness, i like and admire your passion, keep it up

Oh wow it's an honor :) I am just like most of the people on this thread. a person who cares about the TW3 it story and mostly the characters, beautiful characters that from what we know now, we wont see most of them in a future The Witcher game. So like every one i want the chance to spent time with them after we finaly reunited, because let's be honest during the main-story we don't see them very often.
At the end of the main-story we are in love with them and taking them away from the post main-story world is a HUGE problem that need to be solved. During the story we are in hurry to find Yenn/Triss and save Ciri so at the end we will be able to to stay with them and in the meanwhile do some contracts or sub-quests and Ciris comapany and other stuff with the others, but then the game comes in and says: "Ehmm i know you ended the main-story an expecting to see the characters after it but NO, you are gonna stay in a empty world this way you will feel sad,lonley and depressed".
BTW @cyberpunkforever thanks for the emoticon, the only one i don't like is the Ciris head i think she should smile or be angry :)

Devs are more likely to be looking here. Story discussion sub-forum is more for the players, not the people who made the story in the first place. There's already 147 pages of this. What is missing is a new response from the devs. Until they say what they can or can't do, or what is or isn't artistically acceptable for them in our ideas, everything we suggest is a stab in the dark.

If this thread is to be moved anywhere else, it should be the frontpage of the WITCHER 3 forum. It's a popular enough thread to warrant it, and topics there get responded to by the devs more frequently. @Dragonbird , what do you think?

Well yes devs are more likely to look here but, here it is less visible to other people with the same problem because when some one finish the main-story and are in teh same situation he thinks well let go on the forum and see if some one else have the same problem. He go on the forum and the first place he looks in The Witcher 3 main page and nothing then maybe on the story nothing, then the people who already posted here will have hard time finding it.
Oh and there is one more problem here in this section this thread will stay less on the main page because more then a half of threads are stationary and the others like our are moving.

so i agree with you that this thread should be moved to The Witcher 3 frontpage, because it is populat enough and in the Story section it never went to the second page, so i'd like do ask @Dragonbird if he please move this thread.

Last edited:
I finished the game 2 days ago and i felt that everything was rushed and i got some questions leff in my mind...

1 - Why the hell Ciri needs to confront the Withe Frost just in that especific moment? That could be better explained.

2 - So what's Avallac'h intentions anyway? He just wanted to help Ciri? He truly dislikes her?

3 - The Conjunction just started in that moment or it was Avallac'h doing to give Ciri a chance to fight the WIthe Frost in it's own planet?

And, of course, the ending: i was expecting a long cutscene explaining what happened with our beloved characters, but this explanation came in simple slides... That was quite disappointing... Zoltan and Dandelion didn't got a closure, neither Eskel (last thing that i heard = he was departing to the east). The game ends and i'm back to Kaer Morhen, but where is everyone?

As i understand, i'm on a pre-ending state in that moment, so i think that i should get the opportunity to speak with Ciri, Yen and everyone else...Hell, i can find minor characters (such Cerys) and i can't speak with the major ones!!! It feels so strange... And i think that the Yen/Ciri relationship was bad explored as well...

Last edited:
CDProjekt CEO just said not to expect the witcher 4 anytime soon because "it deserves some rest" :(
For this reason we need some after main story content !!

Top Bottom