Really starting to lose my cool ..

+
Really starting to lose my cool ..

This games pacing feels so unbalanced to me. How is it that I am lvl 9 and still wielding a level one silver sword ? I loot everything and have done quite a few quests and still all I got is this Witcher venom sword which was good but now I cant even dent Jenny from the block.woods and most other monsters jsut arent taking enough damage. I got treasure quests but guess what they are all lvl 26 or some shit, how does this help me ? Look I like this game a lot but this is really starting to make me not want to play. I need a new silver sword and how is it that in a game where you fight monsters that require a silver sword just happens to be the hardest thing to find ? Any help as to where a level 9-10 can get a nice silver weapon ?

The loot in this game and leveling is very bad unfortunately. You kill one of those level 20 enemies guarding a chest and get level 3 hunter boots which are terrible. Then you'll go to Skellige at level 16 and fight level 9 Drowners whilst doing a level 9 'Black Perl' quest. Games all over the place and really need a good fix.

loot is random, why not go and craft a sword for your level? And killing level 20 on level 9 gives you very little exp tho

Agreed, at this point I dont even want to play anymore.

---------- Updated at 11:14 PM ----------

I have tons of diagrams but it goes from level 1 swords to level 16 ..... ummm ok .

I have tons of diagrams but it goes from level 1 swords to level 16 ..... ummm ok .

Strange... I remeber having all kind of diagrams and couple of spare swords on level 10.

I'm not arguing about quests /missions are being messed up imo it need a total rework. But never had any problem with weapon. MB try to strat hunting griffin gear?

Try saving and explore ??? Points on map. I'm playing by the second time, up to 16 and had no trouble finding weapons.

Br?

If you want a *reasonable* level 10 silver sword there is one to be found:

In a mini-quest starting on the island with the ruined tower to the *south* of the west end of Fyke Island. Deithwen ~ Relic sword with frost damage and 3 rune slots...

I've not actually ever used it, because I've had better weapons by the time I collected it, but if you are struggling it may be a good option.

My first playthrough, I was really hung up on saving exploration until I was a high enough level to do it all at once and also only using witcher gear. Obviously, I later realized that it was a mistake and sucked a lot of fun out of the experience.

I suggest exploring early on, run from monsters you can't beat, don't be afraid to take on challenging opponents and just don't rush though anything. While the Witcher gear is the best, you don't even need stats that good to beat the game on DM, so don't shy away from secondary weapons, relics, or magic items. I hope this helps you enjoy the game again!

Last edited:
Prior to 1.07 it was a little more balanced since you would likely use the Viper gear until level 7 where the Griffin gear became available. 1.07 increased all Witcher gear to level 34, which also increased the basic version of the Griffin gear to level 11. Cat and Wolf are level 14, Bear is level 16.

If you're playing in 1.07, your best bet is to stick with the Viper Swords until you find something better in a treasure hunt or monster contract. For the early levels, use the Temerian Armor (available at level 4), and upgrade to the Nilfgaardian Armor (at level 10).

Last edited:
Random loot will always be 2 levels below your current level ALWAYS. Thats why no point in rushing the smuggler caches etc.

loot is random, why not go and craft a sword for your level? And killing level 20 on level 9 gives you very little exp tho
Wait what? Does this mean killing level 20 yields more exp points if one is a high level himself?

Last edited:
I think I got the silver sword I'm using from one of those Hidden Treasures or whatever they're called... Not a bad place to look for good loot :)

Top Bottom