Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should Cerys give a crap about that? She is a barely out of teenage years young woman who grew up hearing stories about the continent-wide famous love of Geralt and Yennefer and those stories include their occasional breakups and Geral's sidechicks, so there is no reason for her to really give a damn.

The problem isn't her talking\asking about it. The "problem" is the way Geralt responds, it makes seem as if hes with Yennefer.

So are they just adding in a couple lines? Or are they completely rehauling how she is presented in the game?

Adding some dialogue only. And it seem CDPR make Triss and Yen talkable before battle of Kaer Mohen just like other character What about unromance version

@Sarcen Thank you, Triss is satisfied

Found something more in the Ciri default dialog (ask it any time she is available outside of cutscenes)
201 - "CIRI ABOUT GF NEW!" -> 205, 216
205 - "CIRI DEFAULT ON TRISS GIRLFRIEND" (7 Dialog lines)
216 - "CIRI DEFAULT ON YEN GIRLFRIEND" (7 Dialog lines)

Nice wake up gift, thank you very much :affection:

Now i wonder if it is anything like this:
:worried: Geralt, i notice there is something strange between you and Yen, like you want to avoid each other
:geraltsad: It just, I no longer have the same feelings i did for her after i got the amnesia
:worried: So you aren't together anymore
:geraltsad: Triss took care of me and i kind of developed strong feelings for her
:worried: Really? i must of missed a lot
:geraltsad: Are you ok with it?
:happy2: I am just glad to see you all again, and if you want to be with her, then so be it
:geraltfeelgood: Thanks for understanding...Huh can we change the topic now ??

^Damn 8 Dialog lines :lol:

Last edited:
Been lurking around the game files again, and I noticed that there is already some work done with the content they are going to add for Triss. While the actual dialog lines aren't included in the game files yet each dialog section is named by the developers to give them a general idea what each section is about. Each section usually has a few lines of dialog.

(ignore the numbers they were for me to figure out which option connects to what, in the game files its just all references so i had to keep track of it :p)
Final Battle (tent, probably)

1375 - "q501 triss stops G NEW" -> 1376
\/
1376 - "q501 say something nice" -> 1380, 1382
\/ Choice
1380 - "q501 about kovir"-> 1381
1382 - "q501 lighthouse" -> 1381
\/
1381 - "q501 romantic geralt" -> 1391
\/
1391 - "q501 before the fight" -> 1395, 1397
\/ Choice
1395 - "q501 dont think about this" -> 1396
1397 - "q501 ill be fine" -> 1396
\/
1396 - "q501 geralts jokes"

Kaer Morhen (teleport with ciri)
295 - "q403 triss girlfriend NEW!" -> 296
\/
296 - "q403 want a moment" -> 300, 305
\/ Choice
300 - "q403 were cool lets go"
305 - "q403 if thats ok"

Kaer Morhen (teleport with Ciri, yen version)
327 - "q403 - yen girflriend kaer morhen NEW!" -> 328
\/
328 - "q403 no wed better go" -> 332, 337
\/ Choice
332 - "q403 no lets go now yen"
337 - "q403 5 minutes with yen"

Is that definitely new and not content cut from the final release? Did you data mine the original pre-patched retail release and compare it to this latest one?

I still won't be happy if Triss isn't at Kaer Morhen at the start of Act 2. It's such a friggin huge inconsistency in the story and needs to be at the top of the list of things needing fixed with that romance.

---------- Updated at 01:27 AM ----------

well, I was responding to "so she stops talking about Yen all the time"

Because after a while it's going to get on your nerves that every Tom, Dick and Cerys on the planet is making assumptions that you're in a romance that you're not. Because Geralt doesn't just break up with Yen, he finds out, at the very least since the Djin's wish, he's been living a lie. You probably not going to go mention it to the average villager but to the daughter of one of your close friends, you likely are going to correct her on that, if for no other reason than to pull the rug out from under her when she's teasing about him being under Yennefer's thumb.

Last edited:
Is that definitely new and not content cut from the final release? Did you data mine the original pre-patched retail release and compare it to this latest one?

I still won't be happy if Triss isn't at Kaer Morhen at the start of Act 2. It's such a friggin huge inconsistency in the story and needs to be at the top of the list of things needing fixed with that romance.

Come on saladin, i don't like it too, but i think it is too much work. For now what i hope is they add some dialog lines for the drink in Kaer Mohen when Lambert ask Geralt about his romance life (tell Lambert and Eskel he is with Triss now etc ;))

Come on saladin, i don't like it too, but i think it is too much work. For now what i hope is they add some dialog lines for the drink in Kaer Mohen when Lambert ask Geralt about his romance life (tell Lambert and Eskel he is with Triss now etc ;))

Why? Too much to ask they fix what should never have needed fixing in the first place? This games desperately needs an Enhanced Edition, far more than the last game did, a million more times more than the first game did. I already own two copies of the first two games (original and enhanced), I may as well make it third time's a charm with this one. Just fix the damn writing.

The problem isn't her talking\asking about it. The "problem" is the way Geralt responds, it makes seem as if hes with Yennefer.

It makes it seem as if Geralt doesn't really care at all about what she thinks of his relationships. Even if you are with Yen you just kind of blow her off, you don't actually confront her about her misconceptions or anything. He just lets her think what she thinks because it doesn't matter to him. So why would throwing Triss in there make sense? Cerys probably doesn't even know who Triss is to begin with, and there's no reason to think she'd care either anyways.

This was datamined in 1.08, but I do not know in which version it was added. But there are developers comments too "ADD TO CONTENT PATCH!", it's all unconnected in the dialog files, if it was cut they would probably just have deleted unconnected stuff. Also other "cut" content, like the cooking and arachas during KM both have full subtitles available. Then there is also the fact that the subtitle file index is really high, higher then anything that exists in the current file, meaning it was added later then everything that exists now. I could datamine the first version to confirm, but it would be a huge hassle, not worth it considering the evidence I already have.

Why? Too much to ask they fix what should never have needed fixing in the first place? This games desperately needs an Enhanced Edition, far more than the last game did, a million more times more than the first game did. I already own two copies of the first two games (original and enhanced), I may as well make it third time's a charm with this one. Just fix the damn writing.

Because it mean change some of the cutscene in beginning of Act 2, and CDPR don't want to change the storyline (that mean no new material for Triss in another area). They only add new dialog lines in the time Triss already exist (Battle of Kaer Mohen, before final battle, maybe there will be more ;))

Don't get me wrong, i want it as you are, but i don't think it is realistic at THIS TIME :(

This was datamined in 1.08,
It seem they add the romances fix piece by piece. Patch 1.07 is cooking scene (i guess), Patch 1.08 is what you post. Now wait for ptach 1.09 for more surprise :lol:

Adding some dialogue only. And it seem CDPR make Triss and Yen talkable before battle of Kaer Mohen just like other character What about unromance version

@Sarcen Thank you, Triss is satisfied

Nice wake up gift, thank you very much :affection:

Now i wonder if it is anything like this:
:worried: Geralt, i notice there is something strange between you and Yen, like you want to avoid each other
:geraltsad: It just, I no longer have the same feelings i did for her after i got the amnesia
:worried: So you aren't together anymore
:geraltsad: Triss took care of me and i kind of developed strong feelings for her
:worried: Really? i must of missed a lot
:geraltsad: Are you ok with it?
:happy2: I am just glad to see you all again, and if you want to be with her, then so be it
:geraltfeelgood: Thanks for understanding...Huh can we change the topic now ??

^Damn 8 Dialog lines :lol:

She was pretty upset when he went with Fringilla Vigo, Ciri is young and impulsive, I don't think she will be that understanding of Geralt's choice.

This was datamined in 1.08, but I do not know in which version it was added. But there are developers comments too "ADD TO CONTENT PATCH!", it's all unconnected in the dialog files, if it was cut they would probably just have deleted unconnected stuff. Also other "cut" content, like the cooking and arachas during KM both have full subtitles available. Then there is also the fact that the subtitle file index is really high, higher then anything that exists in the current file, meaning it was added later then everything that exists now. I could datamine the first version to confirm, but it would be a huge hassle, not worth it considering the evidence I already have.

Generally they don't delete it, it just sits there in the files doing nothing. Every data mine I've ever seen uncovers cut content. Partially complete scenes with no acting, for example. I'm not doubting you, mate, I'm just not going to get my hopes up until I see an official announcement on the matter. No offence :)

Because it mean change some of the cutscene in beginning of Act 2, and CDPR don't want to change the storyline (that mean no new material for Triss in another area). They only add new dialog lines in the time Triss already exist (Battle of Kaer Mohen, before final battle, maybe there will be more )

Don't get me wrong, i want it as you are, but i don't think it is realistic at THIS TIME

Yeah, I agree, it's pretty unrealistic, what they should do, which would be a low effort "solution" is lock out Now or Never until after Kaer Morhen, it makes much more sense in every way. Means Triss wont go missing (because she will still be in novigrad during the first KM part), means you will get the earring before now or never and the "good old days" still makes sense. Obviously I think this is a pretty lazy solution and would prefer actual content, but this way it would make it more consistent without actual effort.

It seem they add the romances fix piece by piece. Patch 1.07 is cooking scene (i guess), Patch 1.08 is what you post. Now wait for ptach 1.09 for more surprise :lol:

Uhm, No :p, the cooking has existed since release. I just didn't find out about it until recently, but I found the subtitles for it really early, over a month ago. i just never bothered to dig further back then. And I believe this stuff already existed in 1.07.

---------- Updated at 02:15 AM ----------

She was pretty upset when he went with Fringilla Vigo, Ciri is young and impulsive, I don't think she will be that understanding of Geralt's choice.

I saw that comment on reddit too, yet, I do not remember it from the books. Could you specify a book quote about her being upset about it?

The only Ciri fringilla thing I remember is this;

(fan translation)
The next door. Ciri turned her head away. With regret. And embarrassment.
Geralt. And a green-eyed woman with black short-cut hair. Both naked. Joined, rising together. Contributing to each other's pleasure.

Ciri is embarrased and regretful for opening that "door" not mad, or upset or anything.

Also, Triss is not Fringilla, Ciri actually knows and likes Triss.

Uhm, No :p, the cooking has existed since release. I just didn't find out about it until recently, but I found the subtitles for it really early, over a month ago. i just never bothered to dig further back then. And I believe this stuff already existed in 1.07.

Damn, but I still hope for more surprise

Also, Triss is not Fringilla, Ciri actually knows and likes Triss.

Waiting for some comment about Ciri and Triss don't have any sort of relationship

This is a good start CDPR and difinitely good news. We are still looking forward to seeing what suprises you have up your sleeve for us. Take your time and hits us with your awesomeness. Lol. More good news to follow I hope. Hopefully they can add some content too to make it complete.

Last edited:
You can find her earring in the bed Yennefer throws out in Kaer Morhen and give it back to her. You can do this whether you romance her or not.

Well thanks for the info.

last play through i looked directly at that bed. Should have used witcher sense.

well i am annoyed i missed something to do with triss, and the completionist in me is losing his sh*t atm.

^ apparently i refer to him as a he, and i see it as another person also. i might have issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom