Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course she can be integrated. Take my idea of the argument, for example. You're changing only a bit of Yen's and Geralt's dialogue, inserting new dialogue from Triss. The character can be placed there and build her in to the cut scene by changing the camera angles so they focus on her as well. It's a relatively easy thing and far, far harder things have been achieved by your average Modder for Skyrim. That game doesn't even have cut scenes and modders have created them from scratch so I'm sure a company of the standard of CDPR could, with the will, integrate her.

Even if she didn't figure there, there's absolutely no reason in the world why she can't be in her own place doing her own thing for Yen with dialogue of her own. Again, beyond the acting, anyone with a modicum of modding experience could achieve this, so don't tell me a professional developer couldn't. It is the easiest thing in the world to integrate Triss in Act 2.

Again, the drinking scene, simply needs more dialogue with characters talking to Triss. It's not complicated. You place the model, give it the appropriate animations, and Bob's your Uncle, you've got her integrated. I'm no modder and I've been able to create new characters with their own routines using Bethesda's Creation Kit so there is no reason to assume it's complicated for a professional developer with professional development tools,. If they refuse to do this then it's not because it's expensive or because it's complicated, it's because they can't be arsed.

But like I said, I'll wait for official announcements and not someone's data mining who didn't even compare against the original release so you're all basing your assumptions of the changes on the most tenuous of information.

Personally think you'd have to remove dialogues like those with Eskel(where they discuss her absence) & later lambert(who teases Geralt about how is Triss) which wouldn't make any sense with Triss present. While i would have preferred a version of Kaer Morhen built around both women's presence, i certainly wouldn't want her added in if she wasn't integrated fully with the goings on. If she was integrated it would require tweaking multiple dialogues all the way through which isn't something i see them doing. It's much simpler to explain her absence & allow player ability to assert the romantic choice at this stage imo. I'm also taking these data minings with a pinch of salt till we have firm official details.

Personally think you'd have to remove dialogues like those with Eskel(where they discuss her absence) & later lambert(who teases Geralt about how is Triss) which wouldn't make any sense with Triss present. While i would have preferred a version of Kaer Morhen built around both women's presence, i certainly wouldn't want her added in if she wasn't integrated fully with the goings on. If she was integrated it would require tweaking multiple dialogues all the way through which isn't something i see them doing. It's much simpler to explain her absence & allow player ability to assert the romantic choice at this stage imo. I'm also taking these data minings with a pinch of salt till we have firm official details.

You realise how dialogue works in games, right? Scripts. If A = 1 play X sound file. You replace that script that says if A = 1 play Y [new dialogue] sound file. It isn't difficult, it's a matter of will. But again it needs to be said because some of you just don't seem to get this. You're basing the assumption she won't be there on someone's data mining. Wait for the official announcement of changes before saying what will and won't be in the game. That's all I intend to do.

:drunk: - Oh, sorry, haven't noticed You. So, how are You and Geralt. Yen, what with Your face? Yen? Yen!

Shut up and feel the warth of Vengerberg
:drunk: Oh come on, i just try to be funny
Yeah Yen you should calm down, no need to exaggerate your action because of one joke
*Sigh*
:drunk: Thank you, Merigold. I owe you one
WHAT ?? *Throw Lambert out of window* see not the lake :lol:

You realise how dialogue works in games, right? Scripts. If A = 1 play X sound file. You replace that script that says if A = 1 play Y [new dialogue] sound file. It isn't difficult, it's a matter of will. But again it needs to be said because some of you just don't seem to get this. You're basing the assumption she won't be there on someone's data mining. Wait for the official announcement of changes before saying what will and won't be in the game. That's all I intend to do.

I'm not basing the assumption on data mining. It's been my assumption since their initial announcement. There's nothing wrong with setting expectations in advance of official announcements.

I'm not basing the assumption on data mining. It's been my assumption since their initial announcement. There's nothing wrong with setting expectations in advance of official announcements.

If you want to assume something then go right on ahead and be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I'm simply going to wait until I have concrete information from the horses mouth before I start complaining or celebrating. I'm not asking you not to assume things, I'm simply asking you to stop telling me what will or won't happen based upon your assumptions.

If you want to assume something then go right on ahead and be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I'm simply going to wait until I have concrete information from the horses mouth before I start complaining or celebrating. I'm not asking you not to assume things, I'm simply asking you to stop telling me what will or won't happen based upon your assumptions.

Don't see how setting my expectation bar down will leave me disappointed. If they completely change early Kaer Morhen in a Triss sense i won't complain.
However i'm free to state my view that doing so shouldn't be the top priority & is unlikely imo, just as you are free to take the opposing view.

It's been a while that i heard this Nice to know that someone remembers
And?

We all want the dev to do more to flesh out the character but right now this is all we know so it's not over until it's over. I am still hoping they will make more adjustment to really bring out Triss role as well as the roles of other characters in the game.

There is nothing wrong with assuming more will be done but there is also nothing wrong with assuming the opposite. I am sure CDPR is considering their options and will take the best approach to make things better.

Don't see how setting my expectation bar down will leave me disappointed. If they completely change early Kaer Morhen in a Triss sense i won't complain.
However i'm free to state my view that doing so shouldn't be the top priority & is unlikely imo, just as you are free to take the opposing view.

I like to see Triss at Kaer Morhen but right now we have no idea if that will happen. We know the dev is working on some things right now because of the dialogues.

I agree with you that there are many other areas the dev can focus on to make the Geralt Triss story better and fulfilling if the player chooses her. For me a great scene would be giving her the BLOOMING ROSE OF REMEMBRANCE during their conversation before final battle.

So i was asked to post that "publicly", ahem

I am actually really fond of what role CDPR gave Triss In Witcher 3, because it's exactly what she always tried, to help people.

Many people hold grudges against her for what she did or did not in the books, but she was only naive back then and in Witcher 3 she could finally do what she wanted in the books, working for the greater good and helping sorcerers.
She thought the Lodge would do that, but she was clearly wrong about that and sadly not brave enough to go against it, even in Witcher 1 she still sticked with the Lodge, but that changed in Witcher 2. Well, technically the Lodge just didn't contact her anymore, but she clearly backed away from them.

I think it's really unfair for her character that so many people only (want to) reduce her to a love interest now without giving her acknowledgement for her role in the world now. She could be or is even already one of the key leading figures now in the sorcerer guild. Yes, her doings don't have much impact on the actually story about Geralt, finding Ciri and the Wild Hunt, but that doesn't mean her role in the game is futile, as if rescuing people is just a joke.

That's why i think it is good that she ends in Kovir and in her new political role no matter what, because that underlines her ambition and her new found important role in that world. Her personal needs are less important for her than the greater good, how is that a bad thing? Not at all.

So why doesn't she help more in finding Ciri? Well, maybe the greater good is even more important for her than personal goals that would also include Ciri. She helps, when she can, but she won't abandon dozens of people facing their certain death for that.

In a way this is cruel, but finding one person compared to rescuing 20+ people from their certain death, well, she rather chooses to save them, because that's how she is. Maybe she still feels guilty for what happened in the books and still wants to make amends for that, so of course she helps, but there are also 20+ other lives that matter, maybe not for everyone, but for her at least. Their lives aren't less important than others for her, that's why she is also at Kaer Morhen after she helped those in need and brought them to a safe place.

Yennefer would do the opposite, she would help to rescue those 20 people from their certain death, but her priority would be Ciri nonetheless (many forget that she even stopped a pogrom in Vengerberg). Again, cruel in a way, but in both cases understandable.

One keeps the greater good for more important, the other the personal goals. Both has good and bad aspects, and as i once said, how many people did Geralt, did you kill until you found Ciri? Was it worth it to kill dozens, maybe even hundreds to save one life? That's even something Ciri has to deal with.

So Geralt is no innocent either or you as the player :)

All in all i think this could describe them quite accurately,
Triss: What is one life worth, if thousands others are at risk?
Yennefer: What is the world worth, if i can't save those, who i hold dear?

Both are morally questionable, but both are also understandable.

And?

We all want the dev to do more to flesh out the character but right now this is all we know so it's not over until it's over. I am still hoping they will make more adjustment to really bring out Triss role as well as the roles of other characters in the game.

There is nothing wrong with assuming more will be done but there is also nothing wrong with assuming the opposite. I am sure CDPR is considering their options and will take the best approach to make things better.

I like to see Triss at Kaer Morhen but right now we have no idea if that will happen. We know the dev is working on some things right now because of the dialogues.

I agree with you that there are many other areas the dev can focus on to make the Geralt Triss story better and fulfilling if the player chooses her. For me a great scene would be giving her the BLOOMING ROSE OF REMEMBRANCE during their conversation before final battle.

You have this completely back to front. Someone data mined last night and reported a bunch of things that some people have taken to be cast iron guarantees of certain changes. I suggested that I still want to see Triss at Kaer Morhen at the beginning of Act 2 because along with the game's ending, it's the single biggest inconsistency in the story; a monumental plot hole that needs closing. It was then suggested that was too much work. It's not, it's relatively easy, as is most of what we've asked for in regards to this romance, and something any half decent modder could accomplish, with the obvious exception of the acting, so there is no reason to assume anything right now until such time as we see an official changelog. Don't rule anything in, don't rule anything out, that's all I'm saying.

They would never remodel Triss or do something else, all you gonna get is couple of more dialogues, get over it.

There would be no Triss with brownish , rich colour hair, Triss that has 20 inch waste, Triss that never wears decollete. There won't be beautiful Triss. All we have is a redneck's daughter from corn field.

They never get her right in TW 1 she is more Yennifer that Triss dressed like a slut. In TW2 she suddenly gets 'amimeish haircut' , what has happened to free and well looked after hairs that sorceress had as a privilege to have, no one cared. Don't let me start on the body type she got in TW2. In TW3 Triss from TW2 gain another 20 pounds and start to behave like Janna De Ark.

Last edited:
First, thank you because what you wrote is exactly what i think
Many people hold grudges against her for what she did or did not in the books, but she was only naive back then and in Witcher 3 she could finally do what she wanted in the books, working for the greater good and helping sorcerers.
She thought the Lodge would do that, but she was clearly wrong about that and sadly not brave enough to go against it, even in Witcher 1 she still sticked with the Lodge, but that changed in Witcher 2. Well, technically the Lodge just didn't contact her anymore, but she clearly backed away from them.

And many people forget she have already said sorry by word or action, so nothing to hold againt her, really :p

I think because of Triss start asking Sile and Phillippa question about their motive (How you could remove Demavend) so they think it better to exclude her. Beside, Triss even had some suspicious about them in the books.

I think it's really unfair for her character that so many people only (want to) reduce her to a love interest now without giving her acknowledgement for her role in the world now. She could be or is even already one of the key leading figures now in the sorcerer guild. Yes, her doings don't have much impact on the actually story about Geralt, finding Ciri and the Wild Hunt, but that doesn't mean her role in the game is futile, as if rescuing people is just a joke.
-Many people don't care about the story, they just see the cute face, read hair, freckle sorceress and starting to worship her, maybe around 80% ?? I guess

-Well, they miss the point, the story show how her grow up from the book. One of the reason i like her

That's why i think it is good that she ends in Kovir and in her new political role no matter what, because that underlines her ambition and her new found important role in that world. Her personal needs are less important for her than the greater good, how is that a bad thing? Not at all.

So why doesn't she help more in finding Ciri? Well, maybe the greater good is even more important for her than personal goals that would also include Ciri. She helps, when she can, but she won't abandon dozens of people facing their certain death for that.

In a way this is cruel, but finding one person compared to rescuing 20+ people from their certain death, well, she rather chooses to save them, because that's how she is. Maybe she still feels guilty for what happened in the books and still wants to make amends for that, so of course she helps, but there are also 20+ other lives that matter, maybe not for everyone, but for her at least. Their lives aren't less important than others for her, that's why she is also at Kaer Morhen after she helped those in need and brought them to a safe place.

Yennefer would do the opposite, she would help to rescue those 20 people from their certain death, but her priority would be Ciri nonetheless (many forget that she even stopped a pogrom in Vengerberg). Again, cruel in a way, but in both cases understandable.
For me, Triss isn't the type of living in the village and brewing potions. She want to help people (especially mage) and she find out how she can do it in the end of game

I always think of one questions. If there is a situation:
-One is save Yennefer, Ciri, Geralt
-One is save the world
So Triss will choose ?? She will have a hard time think about it (of course she love her "family", but the world mean every people)
And Yen is no doubt choose her family. Some can call her selfish, but people who close to her is what matter...

All in all i think this could describe them quite accurately,
Triss: What is one life worth, if thousands others are at risk?
Yennefer: What is the world worth, if i can't save those, who i hold dear?

Both are morally questionable, but both are also understandable.

Two woman, two completely different personality. Geralt will have a hard time to decide...In our case he already decide :devil:

Still, the world will agree with the first one. While the second is just a selfish woman, and everybody hate her except her family, what matter to her most ;)

One keeps the greater good for more important, the other the personal goals. Both has good and bad aspects, .

Don't agree that she views the greater good as more important than personal goals. She lets the boat go off on it own for personal reasons. As far as Ciri is concerned she helps regarding Ciri whilst also pursuing her own agenda in Novigrad, i don't see that as being a conflict. We don't know why she's delayed arriving at Kaer Morhen but we do know she isn't told of UMA and plans to uncurse him.

There's no reason Triss can't pursue a career and a personal life. She willingly admits she's choose Geralt over that life(so that life isn't more important than her persona life) but it doesn't come to that as no matter what romanced Geralt ends up going with her.

Triss that never wears decollete.

So one dev used to said
If I remember correctly, Vilgefortz loses almost half his face and says that he is able to slowly regenerate it , so I guess it should be possible for Triss, despite the allergy, to very slowly regenerate her scar in the years until the games start.

^Good point i must say ;)

And if you refer to Triss don't want to wear decollete because she scare of her memory from battle of Sodden hill
-->Easy explanation, she is over that fear

So one dev used to said

^Good point i must say ;)

And if you refer to Triss don't want to wear decollete because she scare of her memory from battle of Sodden hill
-->Easy explanation, she is over that fear

That is why Geralt and Ciri are slowly regenerating? :) OK .

After the Sodden they got the best help there was. but no one could vanish that scar. Oh well that wasn't the only point anyway

Vilgefortz was a freakin superman with no explanation from A.S. Just there was Vilgefortz an almighty one, who knows what that person could actually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom