About Blood and Wine (SPOILERS)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,almost everyone including me is waiting for more news about the story,characters etc...But what about the potential new gameplay mechanics?

HoS added the runes system.I was thinking about what BaW could potentially add,but i came up with pretty much nothing.Maybe some type of Close-Quarter combat with knives? :/

Probably more of the same; more enchantments.

HoS added 5 new yellow abilities, giving us three rows of yellow abilities. Other trees haves 4 sets of rows. So I think it is a safe bet that we will be getting another row of yellow abilities (5 abilities) in Blood and Wine.

Will they add anything else for gameplay? Probably not. But I'd love to be wrong. Be nice to get some more skill slots, or more active abilities like Whirl, Rend, alternate Signs, etc.

Last edited:
Will they add anything else for gameplay?

I'd be a bit disappointed if it were just a expanded enchantment system. Last i heard there were supposed to be good amount of new and changed gameplay mechanics based fully on feedback.

I'd be a bit disappointed if it were just a expanded enchantment system. Last i heard there were supposed to be good amount of new and changed gameplay mechanics based fully on feedback.

Where did you hear that?

Gameplay has the least amount of focus and is the weakest department of Witcher 3 and CDPR. So, best to not expect much regarding gameplay. 5 new yellow abilities, new enchantments, some new monsters and that'd be about it.

Where did you hear that?

It was some tweet from Community Lead Marcin Momot, i recalled incorrectly that it was directly about gameplay and mechanics but here is a link

https://twitter.com/marcin360/status/671683292622692352

You might be absolutely right and i hope you are absolutely wrong, all skill and enhancement features in HoS were very narrow imo.. I'm sure there is plenty of feedback regarding those and if new features and changes are based on that feedback i'd like to expect decent amount.

Last edited:
I hope not. He was to...Cthullu like if you know what I mean. He was so over-the-Top mighty that it wasnt exciting anymore. I would really hate to see him in the expansion.

Okay but the real question is........will there be brothels in Touissant? : )

Attachments

• Think-of-the-succubus.jpg
    Think-of-the-succubus.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 37
I don't know, there was a succubus sex option in Witcher 2.......I'd rather see vampire brothel to be honest!

I don't know, there was a succubus sex option in Witcher 2.......I'd rather see vampire brothel to be honest!

There is a Succubus in the novels who is mentioned to live in Toussaint. Some people expect her (or some other?) to be in the expansion :)

didnt Sucubus from Novigrad mention she will go to Toissaint if you gave her choice? or was it Kovir?

once you completed the mian story, you can start ng+, you will keep your level if it is higher than 30 or you will be level 30 if you did not reach level 30

no, you need a save game file that you completed the main story with, not at any time

Yeah, you do have to complete the story. Thats true

I think that,due to the size of the expansion,we may get more of everything:
-More gear(obviously).Fingers crossed for new Witcher gear(Maybe Raven Armor?A man can dream).We may also get hoods!
-More combat and finisher animations.
-More hairstyles.
-More skills and maybe even more alternate signs(Why not? ;) ).
-More gwent cards and possibly even new game modes.
-Probably a new mechanic like the runes in HoS
-New monsters(duh)
-New map(^)
etc

Combine all this with an epic story with HoS level of writing,but double its size,and you get an expansion that's miles better than most AAA games :D

Give us something CDPR!

I think that,due to the size of the expansion,we may get more of everything:
-More gear(obviously).Fingers crossed for new Witcher gear(Maybe Raven Armor?A man can dream).We may also get hoods!
-More combat and finisher animations.
-More hairstyles.
-More skills and maybe even more alternate signs(Why not? ;) ).
-More gwent cards and possibly even new game modes.
-Probably a new mechanic like the runes in HoS
-New monsters(duh)
-New map(^)
etc

Combine all this with an epic story with HoS level of writing,but double its size,and you get an expansion that's miles better than most AAA games :D

Give us something CDPR!

What do I want more skills for if I can't even fit the current ones I have ;(.

I wish they'd just condensed the first and second tiers of the combat line so the damage+crit+crit damage is on a single 5 point talent instead of 2 5 point talents taking up 2 slots.

Or maybe the xpac could afford to open up another character slot with the mutagen slot and 3 ability slots. Feels kinda pointless to be lv40 in my plauthrough and it meaning nothing since I don't have space to slot anything ever since lv 30.

I just wanna go to sleep and wake up when blood and wine is out. What was the name of that drug Michael Jackson was using.. propofol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom