TW2 - any piece of info you need [updated: April 28th]

+
TW2 - any piece of info you need [updated: April 28th]

Previous FAQ got too big and became useless. Here comes the new, simplified one.
the text is unofficialUPDATE: April 28th
[moderator]IMPORTANT:[/moderator]--- Latest official info pack: HERE--- If info below isn’t enough – full FAQ (25 000 characters) released on April 23: DOWNLOAD *PDF
PC premiere: [moderator]May 17th, 2011[/moderator]X360 / PS3 versions – planned, but officially unrevealed​
[moderator]------ 1 ----- What versions of the game are available?[/moderator]You can compare all of them HEREAfter registering random edition of the game, POL + ENG language packs become downloadable Game will be:— fully localized in Polish / English / German / Russian / French— subtitled in Czech / Japanese / Hungarian / Spanish / Chinese / ItalianCOLLECTOR’S EDITION— Two DLCs insidePREMIUM EDITION— ‘Casual’ edition (the cheapest one) – was called ‘premium’DIGITAL PREMIUM EDITIONGOG.com – no DRM, all income goes to RED— STEAM – only this one requires Steam client— OTHER DIGITAL RESELLERS – you can buy TW2 there, too[moderator]------ 2----- How many DLCs are there?[/moderator]There are six of them:— Vernon Roche's Suit: one of the bests jackets available, boosts sword-fight stats— Finisher Pack: +2 finishers extra (game without the DLC has finishers, too)— Mysterious Merchant: NPC that offers unique items (without the DLC available only through hard quests)— Magician Suit: boosts magic (signs)— Alchemist Suit: boosts alchemy (elixirs)— Swordsman Suit: boosts sword-fight statsNo „horse-armors” after TW2 premiere, only long, decent DLCs.[moderator]------ 3----- Tech info:[/moderator]TW2 uses in-house developed „RED engine”. No loadings – once entered the game, data loads in real time – no waiting to enter cave / tavern…As for now - DX9, after premiere - DX 10 / 11 could be possible, but nothing sure.Physics runs on Havok 6.5Both ‘mouse + keyboard’ and gamepad are supported.[moderator]------ 4----- Graphics:[/moderator]Native support for 16:9 (1920 x 1080). As for now, there are black stripes both in 16:10 (1680x1050) and 4:3 (1024x768). If the problem is not removed before May 17th, it will get solved in patch #1. There are four pre-defined graphical detail levels: low / medium / high / ultra. Player can modify them on his own, for example: enable X, disable Y, tweak Z etc.[moderator]------ 4----- Few words about game’s story:[/moderator]TW2 starts 3 months after TW1 ends. Geralt and King Foltest are leading the attack on the last rebellious castle – of baroness La Valette.Main story lines will be Geralt’s trials to recover memory and solve mystery of the TW1-outro assassin.[moderator]------ 5----- How long is the game?[/moderator]Main story line is about the same length as TW1’s - 40h. Side quests make it 2 -3 times more.Game’s divided into prologue + 3 acts + epilogue.16 different endings.[moderator]------ 6----- How about save import?[/moderator]There is possibility to import your TW1 save – things that will get imported are: your most important choices, swords, armour. You can also make a ‘clean start’, too. TW2 starts in the same way for all players, but further on you’ll see choices depending on your imported save. [moderator]------ 7----- What difficulty levels will there be?[/moderator]There are four of them: easy / medium / hard / insane. Playing on ‘easy’, you could simply mash your opponent till death (for example – if you’re not interested into combat and play just for the story). On ‘insane’ – death means game over.According to journalists, ‘hard’ level is very challenging and requires using all combat mechanisms, not only thoughtless mashing buttons.[moderator]------ 8----- How has the combat changed?[/moderator]Group style got removed. Now all opponents within sword length can be harmed in one strike.There are two types of strikes – strong / fast. You can combine them randomly (+ bombs, signs etc.) in combos. Example: strong + fast + fast + signs + strong + bomb.Elixirs ale available only before combat, however you can meditate now in any point of a safe location.[moderator]------ 9---- What are game’s system requirements?[/moderator]MINIMAL— OS: Win XP / Vista / Win 7— Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 2.5 GHz— Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2 GB for Vista, W7— Graphics: nVidia GF 8800, 512 MB VRAM or AMD HD 3850, 512 MB VRAM— Hard Drive: 16 GBRECOMMENDED (Full HD, Full AA + AF)— OS: Win XP / Vista / Win 7— Processor: Intel or AMD quad-core— Memory: 3 GB for XP / 4 GB for Vista, W7— Graphics: nVidia GTX 260, 1024 MB VRAM or AMD HD 4850, 1024 MB VRAM— Hard Drive: 16 GB[moderator]----- 10----- What is game’s DRM?[/moderator]TW2 will require one-time Internet activation. Further on, neither Internet connection nor game’s presence in your DVD drive will not be required. Game can get activated on an unlimited amount of computers, can be running on five of them at once. GOG.com offers TW2 with completely no DRM.Official Facebook profileOfficial TwitterContact me:szypek26(at)kaermorhen(dot)comor via Private Message

[moderator]This topic contains SOLELY posts by szypek 26.Feel free to share your remarks with him via PM and PM only.[/moderator]

Szyp, hey.I found some new info, meybe the international don't know the fun bits yet ;)
Avoiding the fight will not be easy. Each opponent has a skill that allows him to stop Geralt. Undead, for example, digs themselves from the ground just before the feet of Witcher. When you run they may jump out in front of your nose and retain in place. Avoiding fights will not be worthwhile.
You can save the game, but when you die, these saves are locked [...] Of course, we plan the possibility of obtaining a roll, as DLC, or something like that, you'll see .[...] reward for completing insane difficulty level will be an achievement, that's sure.

I've just received am answer to my pm to Tom.That's What I wrote.
1). What about the witcher medallion in CE? Why were there no answers to the fans outrage.2). When will the Russian fans at KaerMochen get the answers to their 50 questions sent to you.3). Why was the general topics in the forum unvisited CD Project in the past few months?4). When will we get info about the other character slots, and more news.5). When will we get the Doppler Contest winners?Thanks for reading this, I appreciate your work very much. However, i think you should know that in the past months the many fans became disseminated in CDRP when they asked questions in the forums, and got no answers. I would be grateful if you could go back in the forum, and answer all the unanswered questions (maybe in the new topic?).Thanks again, and you should know that you are by far the best in CDRP, both by your activity, and how you answer questions.
And that's his answer
Hi,We have other ideas for items in CE this time. You can still buy medallions from TW1 on auctions and such.50 questions is simply impossible right now. Maybe I should schedule a skype talk with KM-RU - that would probably solve the case, I guess?Yeah, recently we've had lots of work a too few people. We're trying hard to hire someone for community support full-time really soon.We should be revealing a new character right after new year.Doppler is being judged right now. I'm talking to developers about the possible implementations of faces, and based on this we'll pick the winners. More info in the coming week - still before X-Mass. :)Cheers!T.
I know it's supposed to be Szyper26 only place, but I just didn't know where else to put the information.I also know that pm's are supposed to be private, but I decided it was important enough to make it public.

Top Bottom