RedScript

+
RedScript

Okay, perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I love the Witcher 2, and I have been playing on Dark Mode and ground monster loot for the sweet Dark Sets, but the Dark Effects that become visuals when you draw the sword and darken the screen have always annoyed me. Yesterday I found the lines in player.ws that controlled that on drawing your swords and changed them, and lo and behold I was able to slay monsters with the swords without any special features other than the vitality drain that the sword inherently has.

Only today, I start up the game again and everything is back to normal. Do I have to restart and edit the Witcher Script every time I load up the game or restart my computer?

Oh that is strange... After saving the script your changes are fix. That means no restart can change it. But I have to admit that I have only worked with monster scripts not with player.ws

The first time I messed with the program, I was toggling buttons and features blindly. Is there some method I have to do to link the script editor so that changes are affected to the game?

I have done this multiple times, but to no avail. I would kill for some form of documentation on how the editor works.

When redkit is running with your world click on the little red spider in the script editor (connect to running game)
to update the scripts for the running game you then only have to press F7 or "reload game"

Oh! I never used Redkit with script editor before (so I have no earthly idea how I got it work before . . .)

So if I wanted to edit the main game files I would load up the four existing world files, then, and recompile them to apply the effects to the main game?

Top Bottom