Preventing an NPC from returning to his start point/action point

+
Preventing an NPC from returning to his start point/action point

I need one of my NPCs to run to Geralt when Geralt enters a trigger, start a conversation with Geralt and then just stand near where the conversation happened once it is over.

I have everything working fine but I cannot figure out how to prevent the NPC from returning to his starting position (where I place his Action Point) after the scene is over.

I use the QMoveToObject to move the NPC but it automatically makes him return once he has reached his target.

Short of despawning him after the dialogue and spawning an alternate version of him where I want him to be (which would look kinda ghetto), how do I get this to happen?

This worked but it makes him just teleport where the new AP is, if I have 'Start in AP' checked.

If I don't have Start in AP checked, he just disappears. I was under the impression he would walk to his new AP.

Is this not possible?

I found a crappy ad hoc way to make the NPC walk and go into the next quest phase with the new AP:

1. Connect your QMoveAlongPathInScene to a Pause (in Flow Control).
2. Give Pause a condition of CQuestWaitForCondition.
3. Give howLong however long it takes your NPC to walk to the approximate location you want before they turn around to first AP.
4. Connect Pause to your second Story Phase Setter.

So basically your NPC will get close to where you want, disappear and reappear in the next AP. Like I said, this is a really crap way to do it. So someone... please help us find a way that is more practical and elegant!

There has to be a way, because some of the APs are people carrying things like boxes, but the AP only makes them pick it up or put it down, so there has to be a way to transition between APs on the fly.

Top Bottom