Which Kingdom prevails at the end of the W2 in your game?

+
Which Kingdom prevails at the end of the W2 in your game?

I'm sure this topic closely resembles the more or less recent "your favorite kingdom of choice" poll and perhaps there were others before, but I'll give it a shot.

So far I only have 3 saves ready for import for the W3. None of them really benefit Redania in a significant way. After doing some blog reading by KnightofPhoenix (which is a great poli-sci analytical piece) http://wishroom.tumblr.com/post/22718735947/the-politics-of-the-witcher-2-part-3-the-war-for-the I've decided that strong Redania (even at Kaedwen's expense) probably stands the best chance of opposing Nilfgaard and of unifying the Northern Kingdoms, or whatever is left of them.

I'm sure it is also worth having one more save import which fully benefits Nilfgaard (killing Aryan, etc) for total lulz.

Which Kingdom prevails at the end of the W2 in your game? Mine. Nilfgaard FTW. That's why I killed everyone from opposing team I could, and gave Anais to Natalis, in hopes for a nice little civil war, with Maravel winning the crown.

Since any substantive answer will have to reveal spoilers, I've moved this thread to the Plot and Quests discussion.

Geralt, as I interpret him, has no love for Nilfgaard and no desire to see the North overrun. Neither does he feel in any way patriotic for any kingdom of the North. But as he says in TW1, he is a relic and attached to the old ways. If he is called upon to take a side, he may refuse to do so, or side only with a power that offers safety for his friends. So I think I can separate the question of "what would Geralt do" from what would best sustain the Northern kingdoms.

Of the kingdoms in play in TW2, only Redania comes out unscathed, and Radovid is sitting in the catbird seat no matter how the Loc Muinne summit plays out. Best outcome, he gets Temeria, and the Lodge is on the run. Even at worst, he gives up nothing.

Unless Henselt is killed, Kaedwen remains strong, if a little spent from the conflict over Upper Aedirn. But if Henselt and Stennis are dead, Kaedwen and Aedirn are both at anarchy.

Temeria has gone to Redania, or been divided between Redania and Kaedwen, or gone into an unstable interregnum. John Natalis may still command the loyalty of an army, but possibly not for long.

Others have mentioned the kingdom of Kovir and Poviss, which drew little mention in game, only that the kingslayers were distracted from going after the Thyssen dynasty. Kovir-Poviss is rich and powerful, if a little removed from the present conflict.

Redania and Kovir-Poviss may enter the conflict on the side of the North, or attempt to sit it out as armed neutrals, cutting the Northern losses at the Pontar.

Either Aedirn or Redania, although Aedirn is most likely going to be ploughed, even with their dragon.

For my canon playthrough Kaedwen and Temeria.
Redania is in the good position no matter what.

I refused to kill Henselt, since i didn't want Roche and Geralt to become what Letho is.

As for Temeria, i give Anais to Natalis since she will be under protection of her men, Roche will train her in swordsmanship, Natalis will teach her how to wage war and the fact she has royal and noble blood, the nobles will most likely approve of her, as a queen.
I refused to give her to Radovid, saying that he will return her on throne when she is of age is bullshiet.
He will probably divorce or kill her sister Adda since she is disliked by Temerians from the events of TW1 and most likely forced Anais into marriage with him or some noble. I do realize that evading civil war and uniting two kingdoms into one is also smart and powerful choice. However i don't think there will be time for civil war when Nilfgaard is knocking on your door.

But i just couldn't do it:
- Anais saw her father getting killed in front of her eyes,
- after Foltest died she was in the hands by god knows what people, including scumbags like Dethmold
- she clears Geralt's name, letting other people know he didn't killed her father
- she is just a kid and IMO she saw enough horror (im so gono get flamed for this one rofl)

Also my canon Geralt doesn't give a shit about kingdoms, but he does care for people like Anais.

Yeah, even independent of my Nilfgaardian sympathies, for me a choice on Roche's path was no brainer. To save Triss, a lying bitch who wanted to make Geralt her thrall, or a little girl babysitted by uncle Dethmold? I wouldn't be able to refuse saving Anais even if I actually liked Triss - Triss is an adult woman, and a sorceress, not some stupid damsel in distress. She should be perfectly capable to take care of herself, and if not, well, that's too bad. Anais was just a kid used as a gift passed from one party to another. To give her to Radovid was to continue her political adventures, and she already had enough.

I guess that on my optimal save,no one really has the upper hand.
-The Conclave is created
.Redania and Kaedwen get Temeria
-Aedirn is strong with Scoia'Tel support but Saskia is still controlled by Philliipa.

I'm not sure weather Flotsam became a military base or a peacefull town,either way on my save,the north is nicely balanced by a strong conclave that keeps Redania,Kaedwen and Aedirn together and strong.

Tough,my Geralt didn't plan out the outcomes,he just went with what he felt was the right thing to do.

Iorveth/Roche:

He went with the Scoia'Tel because they were the fastest way to save Triss and catch Letho.The Blue Stripes had other things do to with Loredo.Even Tough Roche is a bro,Triss is a long time friend,and he needed to get to Vergen as fast as possible to find both Triss and Letho.Plus,Iorveth knew Letho and also wants revenge on him.

Phillipa/Triss:

Saskia and Vergen all sound nice,but it's just a hopeless dream of a better world,Triss has answers Geralt needs,Triss is a long time friend.Vergen is just a small town full of decent people but it can't hold against whatever is coming,and Geralt wants to know the truth,who's behind the assassinations and Triss has the answers.Tough it was a hard choice for my Geralt to abandom his friends,ideals and a place he found in Vergen(I think it was the only place where Geralt felt like he belonged somewhere) but that was just a hopeless dream,he's a witcher,he has no place in this world,the friends and ideals in Vergen have no meaning if the North will fall apart because of these assassinations.He needed to find his long time friend/lover and get answers and then deal with Vergen if he has the time to do so.

Redania and Kaedwen (Temeria divided). However, my Geralt didn't choose to favor one kingdom of the other in my main playthrough. I was merely making decisions concerning Geralt.

No one, really. I never be concerned about which Kingdom will remain, long as it is not Nilfgaard (The unique Emhyr I know is the one in books and he never gained my sympathies nor his acts neither his personality. (Blame on Spakwoski :p/> )

Whatever happens during the events of TW2 the 'state' that benefits the most is the Nilfgaardian Empire.

Temeria and Aedirn have been weakened by internal strife and the loss of a King. These are the nations that border Nilfgaard therefore creating an easy war for the Black Ones with Nilfgaard annexing all lands up towards the Pontar.

I voted for none. Kovir and Povis will prevail, as well as Nilfgaard. Why people vote for Aedrin i dunno, Aedrin was beat up and plundered by the second war with nilfgaard, and still didn`t recover from it. Moreover Aedrin have weaker demographic than Temeria, Kaedwen and Redania. I find it strange why people voted for it. I believe that northern kingdoms will survive the third war with nilfgaard but they will in the end fall, it canon by the way.

UncleJoe said:
I voted for none. Kovir and Povis will prevail, as well as Nilfgaard. Why people vote for Aedrin i dunno, Aedrin was beat up and plundered by the second war with nilfgaard, and still didn`t recover from it. Moreover Aedrin have weaker demographic than Temeria, Kaedwen and Redania. I find it strange why people voted for it. I believe that northern kingdoms will survive the third war with nilfgaard but they will in the end fall, it canon by the way.

I guess they vote for Saskia's state, Free Pontar. On one version of events in TW2 Saskia is free and remains a ruler of a state recognized by both Radovid and Henselt.

At the risk of muddying the waters still further, Geralt does have a personal motive for rescuing Saskia. She's not just a leader of a country that may be no longer lasting than a dream. She's the daughter of Geralt's good friend Borch Three Jackdaws (The Limits of Possibility), and Geralt has probably figured this out by the time to make a decision in Act III.

So his decision is not between rescuing Triss and preserving free Upper Aedirn. It's between rescuing Triss (who may be dead already, or may be able to escape) and something only Geralt could do, which is lifting a curse on someone who's dear to an old friend.

Top Bottom