[ACT I] Beast riddles? (Spoilers maybe)

+
[ACT I] Beast riddles? (Spoilers maybe)

Hi everyone,I'm going through a second time round to catch all the little side quests that I missed (for example I missed the King of the Hunt the first go). One of the things I picked up from Beranger's notes was that the beast would ask you a riddle (Aldzur's or something). I did a quick search and no one's seemed to have mentioned it. After you Berengar's notes you can talk to Abigail and she asks if you knew the answer (the answer is the Sphinx's riddle). So what now? Have anyone managed to talk to the beast?

cyanidefish said:
So what now? Have anyone managed to talk to the beast?
No, and I do not think it is possible at all. Berengar's notes are correct, though, as you have to solve the riddle of the Beast ("Who summoned me?") before you get a chance to defeat it. So I am not even sure if there was something cut.

The witch has told that the Animal loses the force, instead of dies. When you leave a cave, you answer a question of an animal. And it becomes vulnerable

Neik said:
The witch has told that the Animal loses the force, instead of dies. When you leave a cave, you answer a question of an animal. And it becomes vulnerable
What do you mean by leaving the cave?See Berengar's notes states he meets the hound 3 times, I'm hoping to meet it 3 times as well.

This is interesting and I'd like to know what to do cause I missed this the first time(I missed alot because I kinda blazed through I guess).TTT for answers!

Personnaly, I don't recall having anything in Berengar's notes except the formula for the potion!

To meet it three times, you have to walk around at night, it'll get closer to abigail's hut each time you meet it, though I never got to ask it a question... I think you have to have Cat to see it the one of the encounters... They're basically just cutscenes.If CDPRed puts out an expansion, I hope this gets "fixed", so you can actually converse.

I wondered about that myself after reading Berengar's notes. I think you answer the question (Who summoned me) in the "trial" just before you fight the Beast (Odo, Mikul, Haren and Reverend - or Abigail) with their sins, but it has occurred to me that maybe it is possible to talk to the Beast if you use that potion that allows you to see invisible creatures. Maybe in or near the cave during daytime? Never got around to trying it, because you haven't learned that formula yet, so you would have to learn it by experimenting.Cheers! :)

This was something I've wondered about as well. The first time I played through, no conversation. Went straight to the "cutscene" where I grabbed sword and it was a furball fight. I did encounter the beast two previous times....he would show up, howl, several Barghast's would spawn, fight over. I never got the question. I don't know if this was ever added, got cut or what. All I know is, the Beast never asked the question, just got the big cutscene of the fire, him spawning and then all hell breaks loose.

I too was puzzled by this before noticing that it is Alzur's Demon that poses the riddle (perhaps in a later Act?), not the Beast. (IIRC, Geralt asks Abi how her response to "Heard of Alzur's Demon?" is relevant to the "Green Mutt" (which is Rivian for "The Beast", no doubt!).)Edit: ignore the above... I reread Berengar's notes on the Beast and the canine indeed should be posing the 'riddle of the Sphinx'...

The beast scene appears near the three caballeros' hangouts and near abigail's house: Down from the mill gate, directly after Odo's house, and just down past the milita, as well in front of abigail's house. It certainly never transformed into its true shape and talked, it just sent green arfs after you... maybe they'll rectify this in the patch?

I too got the impression the beast's riddling was cut out. I thought the whole thing with it attacking Geralt was a bit strange, since its the villager's personal demon and Geralt is basically allied with it as he goes around telling everyone to shape up or die. Maybe it would make more sense if the two of you could converse, and you could disagree with its goals directly whereupon it would attack, with its strength in the battle determined by how much you knew about its nature.

Im pretty sure you need an Devries potion to see the Beast when you get to see the cut scene of him appearing and disappearing. but how to obtain an Devries potion. Any help?

Top Bottom