[ACT I] of monsters and men

+
[ACT I] of monsters and men

hey, i'm kinda stuck in this quest...i'm supposed to pick up these myrtles or w/e to the witch so i can get the reverend to trust me, but i can't find them.the map shows i need to be at the Inn, but i cant find any plant merchants there...i don't know where the plants are if i decide to harvest them ...any help?

It's white myrtle petals or something isn't it?Firstly, you need to read a book that gives you the ability to harvest them (Talk to the guy outside the inn I think). Secondly, there's an ability in the Intelligence line on the hero panel called Herbalism or something that you will need.Once you have both of these, and plants that you have knowledge of will show up as you wander around (hold Alt to see them or move the cursor over them). Plants you can't yet harvest 'cos you don't have the right knowledge (ie: still need to read about in a book) will be called 'Unknown Herb'.On a side note, plants are a great source of ingredients for potions... and many of them have the Rubedo secondary as well.

It's the 'hill and dale" book about fieldplants. You get it from Abigail.Don't buy herbs, etc from merchants at the beginning, they are too expensive... they are always expensive but later in the game you can afford them ;)

How do you beat the salamanders in the hideout? I have been in there 100 times beat them once forgot to save now i am having a heck of a time! Is there a easier way cannot find abigail to make any potions to help and do not know who else would have some seems no one is left in vazima right now except for the huntsman, that i have to pick up at the inn if i ever beat the salamanders again!!

Drink swallow potion before you go in. Then hit them with group style until only the Salamander boss is left, switch to fast style and kick his ass. If you have Aard sign developed, use that to knock them down and finish the leader off first. IF you don't have any points put into signs, you should have group steel maxed out (all six bronze talent slots taken) and fast steel with the paralysis and damage bonus picks (4 talents' worth).If you don't have potions, ingredients and potion bases (strong alcohol and/or White Gull), you are out of luck and need to go back to an earlier save where you can still make choices.

danlinenberg said:
hey, i'm kinda stuck in this quest...i'm supposed to pick up these myrtles or w/e to the witch so i can get the reverend to trust me, but i can't find them.the map shows i need to be at the Inn, but i cant find any plant merchants there...i don't know where the plants are if i decide to harvest them ...any help?
well if it doesn't work out for you, do what i always do when i get stuck, forget about it and just walk around hunting for beasts during the night :D, but one time, i went to vizima during the day, and i found this fat guy selling plants right next to the gate, to the right of the entrance to Vizima, and i just bought it from him, i think they were like 5 or 6 each, i forgot, but for 5 of them i paid no more than 30 i think, good luck

Herbalism is a skill you should get as soon as you possibly can in Ch 1, that will allow you to gather everything you need after you get the field plants book.from the herbalist or Abigail. Then it's just a matter of buying the basic strong alcohols from every trader and waitress you meet every chance you get so you have enough potion bases. IF you need to buy ingredients, something is seriously wrong unless you're looking for something to get a specific dominant effect.

Top Bottom