1.06 update! Opinion so far?

+
1.06 update! Opinion so far?

Hello all,

For me this is the best update so far. 1.03 was working kind of fine, appart from a few bugs. Then 1.04 descreased my overall performance. 1.05 improved it a bit appart for hairwork which was ruining it all (60 to 45fps dropdown). But graphics in 1.05 seemed to be downgraded and were not looking as good as 1.04. Plus the game was crashing very often.

For me 1.06 is the best patch.

-The visual enhancement is impressive. It is really looking a lot better. Everything looks clear and smooth. Performance are perfect (60fps all the time + hairwork on geralt!).
A small exemple in graphics upgrade: If you look closer you can see building from short and medium distance aliasing has disappear from the 1.05, they look sharp and nice now.
Geralt and his gear looks also nicer.
The environment seems clearer, plants, fields, trees seems more natural.

-Loading time seems to have been reduced quite a bit.
-Oh, and alt+tab seems to work perfectly. Crazy work behind this, and huge thanks again!

Points to improve:
-Game still crash randomly.
-Fps dropdown while entering a building with hairwork activated.

So thanks a lot to CDProjekt again, who keeps working and working to continue to improve an already absolutly amazing game!

My computer:
I5-2400 @3.6GHz
12Gb DDR3 @1333 MHz
MSI Gaming GTX970 4Gb (3,5) +106 MHz on Core, + 326 MHz on Memory, 107% power limit, temp limit 70°C. (even without boost all perfs are better)
Seagate 7200.14 1Tb
MSI P67A-C45
19inch Philipps 1440*900 (16/10)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit sp1.

Most settings on Extreme appart from shadow in medium, grass density and water in high so as NPC

Last edited:
1.06 was a very minor hotfix patch that only addressed 5 issues, none of them related to anything you are describing. This is a solid case on how much the placebo effect can warp the human mind.

P.S. Why on earth are you running such an ultra low resolution of 1440x900 on a 970? That resolution has been dead for years now, it's barely better than 720p.

What did they improve graphically with 1.06?

Absolutely nothing according to the patch notes.

Last edited:
P.S. Why on earth are you running such an ultra low resolution of 1440x900 on a 970? That resolution has been dead for years now, it's barely better than 720p.

Because his monitor can't go any higher? Just a guess... :-/

I've the read the patchnote. They don't mention anything according to anything else that hotfixes.
So I don't know what affected the loading time. But they are quicker for me.
Alt+tab was not working and was making the game crash on the previous patch.
1.05 made the graphics poor on my installation. Aliasing was really clear in the cities. Unfortunatly I did not took screenshot of cities at the time. Colors were looking washed out.
1.06 seems to have revert some stuff withing the game back to how it was before 1.05. No more aliasing on buildings.

Same In novigrad 1.05 with hairwork was causing huge fps dropdown, and was unplayable in buildings.

I'll post screenshots asap to show you the difference.

I don't know what happened, but it's way better for me now. Reverted all the problems caused by 1.05 for me.

I'm standing on 16/10 because I also play fps. 16/9 make you loose focus on fast paced fps, cause you gain in width which obliges the eyes to widen it's view. 16/10 with 1920*1200 or higher are way to expensive.

Last edited:
I think 1.06 was a simple hotfix for fixing bugs introduced by patch. At least it's so for me. No other changes and performance and visual quality is exactly the same

I finally tried 1.05/1.06 last night. Took about 15 mins to roll back to 1.04.

Texture popin is placebo.
Further LOD distance reduction from 1.04 is placebo.

What wasn't placebo is the stuttering. Its almost like its ignoring some of the performance related ini tweaks.... Didn't bother testing to find out. I'll only suffer that if i encounter a major quest bug, pray to the witcher gods so as not to happen.

Top Bottom