( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow walk really don't work after 1.07 patch (note: slow walk work only with gamepad).
Before patch we had: slow walk, walk, slow run, run, sprint.
Now it's: walk, slow run, run, sprint.
On keyboard it's always: walk, run, sprint.
Think it possible to fix in game files, or easy for CDPR, because this is destroys RP/immersion for some peoples. :/
Edit: btw, slow walk still work when you go on horseback.

Last edited:
I confirm, I try with 1.06 and 1.07, (pc version with xbox one controller)
you can no more (with 1.07) choose your walking speed wih the analog stick.

They're killing me :(
I don't like when they take off some feature with a patch...
It break the immersion

Last edited:
I confirm, I try with 1.06 and 1.07, (pc version with xbox one controller)
you can no more (with 1.07) choose your walking speed wih the analog stick.

They're killing me :(
I don't like when they take off some feature with a patch...
It break the immersion

Sadly unbelievable!
Unfortunately, breaks the "magic" around 1.07!
I hope CDPR treat this as a bug, restoring slow walk soon as possible, including on PCs (I play on PC with Xbox 360 wireless controller, for example)

If other people had claims about the slow walk, the right should be made its "disabling" optional, as the rest of alternative movement!
CDPR always mention this respect with the player choice! And I and surely many others players prefer choosing the greater immersion a slow walk can bring (its somewhat even more exhilarating entering a cave or unknown place slow walking)!

It is gone for both option (normal and alternative)

I reinstall from scratch to test the difference between 1.06 and 1.07

I can confirm that, with 1.07, you can't no more slow walking (i don't speak about walking, but using the analog stick to lowering your walk speed).

For me, it is really a bad news, I will stay in 1.06 (too bad...two weeks without playing, waiting this update)

No more hunter style, now... it is terminator style :)

Last edited:
hmm yeah super slow walking is gone with analogue stick, you can still toggle walk with keyboard but could you ever super slow walk with keyboard? Maybe keyboard users felt left out, so instead of a super slow walk button on a keyboard they removed it from controllers as well! lol

---------- Updated at 01:41 AM ----------

Slow walk really don't work after 1.07 patch (note: slow walk work only with gamepad).
Before patch we had: slow walk, walk, slow run, run, sprint.
Now it's: walk, slow run, run, sprint.
Theres still 4 modes? seems like its just, walk, run, sprint with gamepad now - same as keyboard.

I came here wondering what the patch removed. I was confused until I saw this.

That's now slow walking, this is.

[video=youtube;sNNxABtnn-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNxABtnn-Y[/video]

Please bring it back, CDPR.

I didn't even know you could actually walk that slow.

1.07 is still not out on PS4 in the UK despite them saying it would be out yesterday. I'm not playing the game until I get the patch.

You guys are all right!! This game is a piece of shit how dare they have only regular walk speed I demand very slow walk back. I am currently using my ps4 as a paper weight. I almost burned my copy of Witcher 3 but I realized it would serve better as a coaster. I will only stop this until they fix this. But knowing CDPR they will only fool us again.

I also noticed the frame dropped from 30 to 28.74. Fucking sickening the current state of video games. I expect an answer back from CDPROJEKT or I will forever stop buying their games. Fuck you Poland!!
So just because some of us would of liked them to keep the slow walk option in the game that means we think it's a piece of shit? Good one.

I actually love this game and have nothing but great things to say about CDPR. But whatever you say, man.

I can't be bothered reading the whole thread!

The walk on PC has not changed from 1.06 to 1.07 press left CTRL to toggle from walk to fast walk and left shift for run SIMPLE!

David

Is this really true? I wonder what will it be like on PC with mouse and keyboard, where you don't have the "speedy walk" now, only slow walk, run and sprint. I hope they don't change the slow walk into the speedy walk.

Regarding the supposedly removed 'slow walk', I tested this moments ago on PC/Steam and there appears to be no difference.

Although I couldn't find the option to toggle Geralt to an alternative movement which is said to be introduced in patch 1.07 and assumed everything should be as is, the run, walk, and sprint for Geralt during the prologue area with child Ciri appears to be the same as before. I also went as far as to watch the Witcher 3 E3 demo just to see how the walk/run was and it appears to be the same as now.

No comment for the console versions and it appears to exist or is fine for PC. The post above me also confirms what I have said.

You were clearly able to adjust the walking speed slightly both indoors and outdoors, as am I, playing with a gamepad on computer.

I wonder what people will make up and complain after the next patch. Here I thought Bioware had the worst "fanbase" ever.

I agree some folk dont deserve to be on this forum for this nonesense.
It is just working fine, to the OP i think your controller is raped a few times or something like that.

Last edited:
I agree some folk dont deserve to be on this forum for this nonesense.
It is just working fine, to the OP i think your controller is raped a few times or something like that.

Okay , Following this thread for some time now , but now itching to just reply ..( you actually made me log myself in on the forums the first time !)

The OP is absolutely right , this is an issue that is allready confirmed by multiple "Fellow players" holding an actual controller in there hands .
The OP Clearly states he is using a controller , offcourse a PC player will not find or even notice this slow walk , cause a keyboard has no " analog " control for walking . For keyboard / Mouse players nothing has changed . They could not even have noticed this "was implemented" (in 1.06 and before ) but is now " taken out" (Since 1.07) for reasons unknown ( could have been due to the new movement system , or could be just a bug that is overlooked ).

To me as well ( I am a PC player using a controller) it was a very immersive feeling , to walk through the villages and caves , and vista's of this gorgeous game at my own pace , making that slow walk around the landscape , now the movement feels "kinda" robotic , not bad , but it was perfect as it was .

The missing of this " feature" has made the OP make this post , now could people please read , instead of throwing in false statements about raped controllers? . I know this will get fixed or reasons given by CDPR why it was taken out eventually.

But in the mean time : " Lets keep it Civil " !

Last edited:
Okay , Following this thread for some time now , but now itching to just reply ..( you actually made me log myself in on the forums the first time !)

The OP is absolutely right , this is an issue that is allready confirmed by multiple "Fellow players" holding an actual controller in there hands .
The OP Clearly states he is using a controller , offcourse a PC player will not find or even notice this slow walk , cause a keyboard has no " analog " control for walking . For keyboard / Mouse players nothing has changed . They could not even have noticed this "was implemented" (in 1.06 and before ) but is now " taken out" (Since 1.07) for reasons unknown ( could have been due to the new movement system , or could be just a bug that is overlooked ).

To me as well ( I am a PC player using a controller) it was a very immersive feeling , to walk through the villages and caves , and vista's of this gorgeous game at my own pace , making that slow walk around the landscape , now the movement feels "kinda" robotic , not bad , but it was perfect as it was .

The missing of this " feature" has made the OP make this post , now could people please read , instead of throwing in false statements about raped controllers? . I know this will get fixed or reasons given by CDPR why it was taken out eventually.

But in the mean time : " Lets keep it Civil " !

I play with a wireless 360 pad again i dont have this problem.

This feature is for controller User. (I play on pc with xbox one controller)

People with keyboard can't see the difference. (keyboard keys are not analog)
Before, you can control the speed of your walk with the analog stick.
The slow walk is gone. The patch break this.

- Can anyone can do this walk, now?
youtube.com/watch?v=sNNxABtnn-Y
No!
Now it is impossible to walk like in this video.

- Now, you can only just do a quick walk like this one :
youtube.com/watch?v=6l-JZruHdjA

Yon can't adjust anymore the speed of your walk with analog controller.
To bad for some people, because we used it.

Last edited:
CDPR, bring slow walk with gamepad back please! Most of the people here are sick and tired from odd and strange game design decisions,we already suffered enough,so pls bring it back Cdpr!

I play with a wireless 360 pad again i dont have this problem.
Same here. Playing with a 360 pad and, like shown on that video, I have no problem doing the slow walk and adjusting it to be a bit faster until he starts slow running.

Funny how people are completely ignoring the video that pretty much proves you still can do the slower walk with gamepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom