1.12 - Missing Scabbards

+
1.12 - Missing Scabbards

After 1.12 Orgield Von Everec is missing his scabbard.

Well at least they fixed fellow witcher's scabbards. :skepticalzoltan:

Missing scabbards... Again... Really CDPR ?

Hi there,

So, after writing my last post about the missing scabbards three months ago, I decided to calm down and wait patiently for CDPR to adress the issue in patch 1.12. Now, I see that my faith was misplaced. I opened up my game today and guess what is the first thing I saw ? CIRI STILL HAS NO SCABBARD OVER HER SWORD.

Really CDPR ?

Look, I understand that software management is hard and I understand you guys have been busy lately (winning awards left and right, preparing for BaW etc.) but this is just unacceptable. We, the players, have litterally been waiting for MONTHS hoping for any kind of information or progress report on patch 1.12. Yet when it finally came out, it could not even fix all of the things written in the freaking changelog ? And sure, I know it may not seem like a big deal for most , but for those of us who played the game before 1.10 and experienced its near perfection, its really annoying running into these small obvious glitches that we never experienced before.

When patch 1.10 was realeased, it was only the second time I had ever experienced a bug in TW3. I was angry, sure, but I understood the struggle of maintaining and upgrading such a complex software. I am also the type of gamer who can forgive a little performance loss from time to time. No big deal. What I cannot take is the fact that I had to wait months without hearing a single word about the upcomming patch (I was litterally looking on the forum and on twitter every day for news, a word from the devs or anything really) and when it does finally drop, I find out that it cant even manage to fix a simple (but very OBVIOUS) bug that MODDERS corrected a mere week after 1.10. Not to mention the fact that the changelog stated that the problem WAS GOING TO BE FIXED and that the Novigrad performance problem is also still there. Can you guys really blame me for feeling dissapointed and angry ?

CDPR, I love and respect you guys for creating one of the best game I have played in a decade, but it is the fourth time you've let me (and every gamer that bought TW3) down with a patch. I remenber thinking during the 1.08 days, that there was no way another game besides TW3 could win Best Game of 2015 at the Game Awards. But as of today, I am sorry to say that I do not believe you guys deserve it. right now, my copy of the game is barely good enough to sit on my shelf, untouched. I really hope that you guys can turn thing around, I really do. But right now, this is the final straw. I guess I'll be leaving the world of the Witcher until CDPR decides to finally get their s*** together and bring back the monster slaying game I knew and loved.

P.S. This post is not meant to be insulting. I wrote it to inform CDPR and promote discussion on issue that keep plaguing a game (and a universe) that I used to be very passionate about.

Great post man!
Since 1.10 the game is awful... Can't we just go back to 1.08, everything was perfect, no bugs or few, perfect framerate, now ruined since 1.10...
I can't understand such decisions... And if I'm angry, it's because I love the game to death!!!

Ciri still has no scabbards when you are not playing as her

Atleast everyone else's scabbards seems fine, would have thought they would fix all of them tho :/
Edit: i really hope they release a hotfix for this thats like a few MB's, i don't wan't to wait a fucking month for a new patch just so i can get a fucking scabbard back

Last edited:
Beside Olgierd and Ciri also persons wearing swords on their hip (like Olgierd) the scabbards are missing too, at least for me. Again another patch or hotfix? Playing on X1 1.12

Yeah, when it's a cutscene, or a gameplay section where we don't control her, Ciri is missing the scabbard.

may i ask you guys on which platform do you play?
cause i'm on ps4 and Ciri does wear her scabbard in my version.

She wears a scabbard when you play as her, but when she is an NPC the scabbard is missing
Edit: i am on PS4 aswell
i see. i didn't notice it cause i'm still at the early stages of my playthrough
(whereas she becomes an npc only towards the end of the game, when geralt actually finds her)
that's a shame indeed. theese scabbards seem to be cursed or something. i bet the developers must be hating them at this point! :p
thanks for the info anyway.

We had exactly 4 reports of this issue and only one of them yielded a save which we could use and and we were unable to reproduce this issue from the save - Ciri had the scabbard both when playing as her and when she was an NPC. The other people who contacted us either did not provide saves or provided a save but they were using mods affecting models, which can influence such issues and we cannot use such saves as evidence or played on Xbox (very difficult to obtain saves from this platform due to protection measures).

So if you have this issue, didn't mod your game, and are willing to help us check if it can be reproduced please contact via our support form.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe that this can't be reproduced. Everybody having this issue, the mods or no mods, even the ones who plays on consoles, where you can't use the mod. So my only guess is that your test team uses different build of the game with different files, that the actual players use. Again it's only my guess, based upon my little research.

So I used the console with this commands: "Ciri" - to change the appearance to Ciri as playable character and the "spawn('cirilla')" to spawn NPC Ciri near me. This is the result:

Then I go to the content\gameplay\items\def_item_weapons_secondary.xml and find there this line:

This line is under the Ciri swords description and the scabbard is bound to her sword. And then I thought "What is "player_override"? What this line do? Could it be mean that the attribute "bound_item" will only work if this character is a player? Lets find out!"

So I changed this line to look like that:

And the result was this:

I don't wanna teach nobody to do there jobs and I don't wanna offend anybody. I think that CDPR did a great job and made the best game ever. For me Witcher 3 in all games is like Empire Strikes Back in all movies.

But since patch one the debugging of the game was a mess. And again everybody in the Witcher team are great, you added so much to the game since it's release, and fixed so much, thank you for that, I understand that this no easy. But you also added many new bugs.
As a fan, and the one who think that this is the best game ever, I want it to be bug free. And I many times used your contact form to report bugs, to achieve that, but I won't use it again. Because it's really frustrating for me, I have to PROVE that the bug exists, like really prove that, instead of just telling that it there. And after I take screenshots, make a video, and send a save files, after spending halve a day catching the bug and presenting my case, the support still will say that I'm using the mods or that I should try to verify game files and that they can't help me, even thought that it's you who need help and I trying to help YOU. I'm not a noob, I can understand whether is not the bug caused by the mods I using or by the file corruption. Long story short, I think that you need a better contact form.

As for this bug, I don't know whether or not removing this line from .xml file is right thing to do or there more to it. But this fixes the issue.

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my native language.

Attachments

• witcher3_2016_01_30_14_27_06_430.jpg
    witcher3_2016_01_30_14_27_06_430.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Ciri_players_override.png
    Ciri_players_override.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Ciri_no_player_override.png
    Ciri_no_player_override.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 56
  • witcher3_2016_01_30_14_35_16_671.jpg
    witcher3_2016_01_30_14_35_16_671.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thanks for providing... detailed instructions :D

Yeah, this "blame the mods for everything" modus operandi looks like an easy way to shrug off problems.

Last edited:
Hello,
Just because you from CDP only get a few reports does not mean these problems don't exist. Furthermore please do not always blame it on mods. Think most players just want to help improving this great game, so please take such inputs seriously.
What I want to add: I am not sure anymore, People wearing swords on their hip have been wearing scabbards too right? For me nobody has a scabbard wearing the sword on the hip. Olgierd wears it like this or various Npcs during the game
X1 1.12

Last edited:
Just wanted to come by and say that I am experiencing the same issue. Ciri HAS NO scabbard when she's an NPC and other players who play on PS4 and XboxOne have confirmed it.

I even reinstalled the game and verified it. I'm on PC, STEAM version.

Informational reminder: If people would like to help CDPR address this, or any other issue, the most direct and productive method is to, please, report it using their official form: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ .

I realise some people may find this frustrating, and believe it's ineffectual, but it is how the RED Support Team tracks and investigates incidents. If anyone experiences a problem with the game, please understand that posting on the Forums is simply not enough. The REDs need reports they can track with their ticket system. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe that this can't be reproduced. Everybody having this issue, the mods or no mods, even the ones who plays on consoles, where you can't use the mod. So my only guess is that your test team uses different build of the game with different files, that the actual players use. Again it's only my guess, based upon my little research.

As for this bug, I don't know whether or not removing this line from .xml file is right thing to do or there more to it. But this fixes the issue.

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my native language.

Exactly my thoughts. Thanks a lot for the detailed treatment!

---------- Updated at 07:05 AM ----------

Informational reminder: If people would like to help CDPR address this, or any other issue, the most direct and productive method is to, please, report it using their official form: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ .

Alright, no problem.
I just submitted a bug report with the link on post #13. I hope that this way tech support could address the issue faster.

It's not only Ciri that has no scarbbard. All NPC does not have since some patches (1.10 it seems), while they had when game was released.

Is this realy a bug or developper's will ?

Top Bottom