1. Less Reward Points? 2. Big data analysis is the problem 3. What to do against it? How about a strike

+

First, read the first post, then choose one.

• Total voters
STEP 1

So, I am playing Gwent since Beta and I'm sticking with it, even when I'm not the greatest CCG-Player (always somewhere around ranks 3-5).
But that's enough for me, because I play it mainly for the collection: I love the artworks and I mostly play to have a complete collection and some fun (not necessarily optimized) decks.
I guess I'm not the only one, because I convinced some of my friends to play it, mainly for the same reasons and they love(d) that Gwent is so generous...

So, with this season it got a lot harder for casual but invested players like me – yes, you can be both, if you have a full time job and/or kids for example – to earn enough Reward Points to be able to keep up with a nice pace of collecting new cards and seasonal cardbacks.

I know there's a whole thread dedicated to the arguments by CDPR, why it's still fair etc., and there are a lot of complicated statistics and calculations, but what it comes down to for players like me is:

WINNING SIX ROUNDS PER DAY ISN'T ENOUGH ANYMORE FOR 2 REWARD POINTS.

Simple as that. Let's call it the "reward creep".

I don't wanna make some random quests like "Play 45 Bombs" (who came up with that? It feels just cruel) or play with decks I don't like. I just want to win 3 games or lose 6 games 2:1 and have a little bit of fun.

STEP 2

We can't argue with CDPR about this, because their data analysis surely shows them, that the slow reward creep makes players play more or spend more money, just to keep up. I was doing it during the Journey, too, but it's not good, because it keeps the reward creep just going, which we are seeing now with Gaunter's Ultimate Challenge. So – maybe – in the future more and more players will stop playing and Gwent will be a game only for pros, okay.

But if you care about the game – and I do – maybe we can stop this together. How, you ask?

STEP 3

Let's do a strike. Because that's the only way, the big data gets affected. We first need to be a lot of people, so let's do it next season, just to have some time to gather.
Everyone who's in it should do the following things:
– Don't buy the Journey Season Pass (EDIT: Like some of you wrote: Season Pass is pretty fair actually, so boycotting it may be going too far. But the following three points are quite reasoable, I think.)
– Don't buy anything else with real money, if it feels too expensive and you are only doing it, because you feel like you have to to keep up
– Play only as many games as you are really having fun. And I mean REALLY having fun. (You lose to the same optimized net deck two or three times? Stop playing. You need to build a deck with 12 spells to finish a quest and hate the thought already? Stop playing.)
– You don't want to play Gwent, but you feel like you need to? Don't even start it.

That's it. It's not even a full on strike. Just make Gwent fun again. Let's change the big data, so CDPR realizes why we really love Gwent.
So, who's with me?

Last edited:
I really like your suggestions about banding together as players to change Big Data rather than passively allowing Big Data to change us.

On the other hand, I like the silly quests of the Journey system — they provide more opportunity to play against unconventional as opposed to net decks, and they encourage me to play outside my comfort zone (which has led me to several “discoveries”). What I hate are quests that require cards I don’t own. While I have scraps to craft them, I will not do so — even if they were cards I had been considering crafting.

I guess this is a limited way of joining your “strike”. And I will definitely not buy anything if I feel the developers are trying to manipulate me into doing so. Finally, I will try to follow your admonishment to only play while having fun — and not out of a sense of obligation to earn rewards. This is always excellent advice and advice I often find myself slipping on.

Thanks for your answer, it made me think: Maybe not buying the season pass is too much?
Maybe the "just play for fun"-part is the best one. It's certainly the most important to me and I slip on it regularly, too...

nehu

Forum regular
they provide more opportunity to play against unconventional as opposed to net decks

such a great opportunity, facing good players with all cards with my suboptimal deck just because of quest

check my results in the first expansion day
1593583725362.png

i can assure you, next challenge all this games will be 0:2, i will just play some needed card/cards and quit asap, i wont waste my time anymore

im playing it so far casually, mostly arena or seasonal, my max rank is 11, but after some matchmaking changes im facing in seasonal only lower ranks, mostly ranks between 0-3, nothing exceptional if i met five former rank 0 players in a row

but back to the point of this thread, its interesting, but desperate action, just few players are watching forums, it wont change much i guess

im sure i will play less, as im demotivated and new reward system is just broken
(only good changes are, u dont have to play each day and that crown points are moved to next day)

i wont participate, but u r right, KeldornOfLatria

Last edited:
Hi there friend.
You have some really strong points in your post, I agree that after the journey ended earning RP feels a ton more grindy then what it was and keep in mind that i'm a player that started playing on Android right when this battle-pass" sub was first introduced.
I too have a finite amount of time on my hands and would love to play more to earn more and it feels kindah pointless atm.
That's me atm but if i'm not mistaken CDPR already addressed this in one of their posts, something in the form that journey will be returning so the event we're having atm is only a temporary solution to a problem that they admittedly created since they didn't have the next "journey" ready by the end of the previous one.
I'm not troubled that much that this has happened atm cause I got more than my money's worth finishing my journey way before it expired. My point is that it felt really rewarding handing out 10€ to a game I LOVE and dreamt of having at the tips of my palms just about anywhere and play.
The solution must be somewhere in between, with all that said I do agree that if one is not in a "achievement-contract" hunting mood RP comes slow. I trust CDPR since they have been gracious and generous so far that this is a one time thing and just temporary cause if it's not. It will take AGES for a new player to complete a deck let alone a whole faction collection and ultimately the whole collection.
Ultimately i agree with most of your points but I wont partake in this kind of boycotting...not this time at least.
Cheers mate ! :)

Last edited:
but back to the point of this thread, its interesting, but desperate action, just few players are watching forums, it wont change much i guess

im sure i will play less, as im demotivated and new reward system is just broken

i wont participate, but u r right, KeldornOfLatria

:ROFLMAO: That's the most honest answer I've ever heard: "You're right, but I won't do it anyway." Fair enough.

Well, I gotta start somewhere, maybe the idea can spread from here. :smart:

I'm not troubled that much that this has happened atm cause I got more than my money's worth finishing my journey way before it expired. My point is that it felt really rewarding handing out 10€ to a game I LOVE and dreamt of having at the tips of my palms just about anywhere and play.
The solution must be somewhere in between, with all that said I do agree that if one is not in a "achievement-contract" hunting mood RP comes slow. I trust CDPR since they have been gracious and generous so far that this is a one time thing and just temporary cause if it's not. It will take AGES for a new player to complete a deck let alone a whole faction collection and ultimately the whole collection.
Ultimately i agree with most of your points but I wont partake in this kind of boycotting...not this time at least.
Cheers mate ! :)

Thanks for your answer, it's nice to hear that you also think I'm right, but maybe I chose the wrong way to solve it. You are right with Journey being fair and I edited my first post to reflect that. So, anyone joining the "little" strike now?
Post automatically merged:

unfortunately its not an option in the poll 8)

so i picked the closest one "I will not be part of the strike. "

i havent spent much money in it, actually just fast travel, so my striking wont be effective anyway

Added it to the poll, you can change your choice ; )
And I changed the strike agenda in the first post, maybe you'll join now? :sad: ... ;)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, i definitely wont stop playing now, with the new cards, it finally feels fresh to play and try new things, as opposed to 7 months of the same stale crap.

But i get it, the strike is meant to send a message to the dev team, where players with limited resources are struggling and are forced to play more to get the same. I already wasnt a 'spend real money' player, so i was never contributing to the whole MTX side, but i do encourage other players to only spend if they are feeling fun playing the game and having a good experience.

Well, i definitely wont stop playing now, with the new cards, it finally feels fresh to play and try new things, as opposed to 7 months of the same stale crap.

But i get it, the strike is meant to send a message to the dev team, where players with limited resources are struggling and are forced to play more to get the same. I already wasnt a 'spend real money' player, so i was never contributing to the whole MTX side, but i do encourage other players to only spend if they are feeling fun playing the game and having a good experience.

Thanks! In a way, you actually already are participating. You don't spend money and you play only when you have fun, like now with the new cards. So, when August 5th comes around and we're in the SK Warrior-meta and it's the same all over again, just think back to this post and re-evaluate your behaviour: Is playing fun or is it compulsion? If it's the latter, stop playing. That's what the whole strike is about. ;)

STEP 1

So, I am playing Gwent since Beta and I'm sticking with it, even when I'm not the greatest CCG-Player (always somewhere around ranks 3-5).
But that's enough for me, because I play it mainly for the collection: I love the artworks and I mostly play to have a complete collection and some fun (not necessarily optimized) decks.
I guess I'm not the only one, because I convinced some of my friends to play it, mainly for the same reasons and they love(d) that Gwent is so generous...

So, with this season it got a lot harder for casual but invested players like me – yes, you can be both, if you have a full time job and/or kids for example – to earn enough Reward Points to be able to keep up with a nice pace of collecting new cards and seasonal cardbacks.

I know there's a whole thread dedicated to the arguments by CDPR, why it's still fair etc., and there are a lot of complicated statistics and calculations, but what it comes down to for players like me is:

WINNING SIX ROUNDS PER DAY ISN'T ENOUGH ANYMORE FOR 2 REWARD POINTS.

Simple as that. Let's call it the "reward creep".

I don't wanna make some random quests like "Play 45 Bombs" (who came up with that? It feels just cruel) or play with decks I don't like. I just want to win 3 games or lose 6 games 2:1 and have a little bit of fun.

STEP 2

We can't argue with CDPR about this, because their data analysis surely shows them, that the slow reward creep makes players play more or spend more money, just to keep up. I was doing it during the Journey, too, but it's not good, because it keeps the reward creep just going, which we are seeing now with Gaunter's Ultimate Challenge. So – maybe – in the future more and more players will stop playing and Gwent will be a game only for pros, okay.

But if you care about the game – and I do – maybe we can stop this together. How, you ask?

STEP 3

Let's do a strike. Because that's the only way, the big data gets affected. We first need to be a lot of people, so let's do it next season, just to have some time to gather.
Everyone who's in it should do the following things:
– Don't buy the Journey Season Pass (EDIT: Like some of you wrote: Season Pass is pretty fair actually, so boycotting it may be going too far. But the following three points are quite reasoable, I think.)
– Don't buy anything else with real money, if it feels too expensive and you are only doing it, because you feel like you have to to keep up
– Play only as many games as you are really having fun. And I mean REALLY having fun. (You lose to the same optimized net deck two or three times? Stop playing. You need to build a deck with 12 spells to finish a quest and hate the thought already? Stop playing.)
– You don't want to play Gwent, but you feel like you need to? Don't even start it.

That's it. It's not even a full on strike. Just make Gwent fun again. Let's change the big data, so CDPR realizes why we really love Gwent.
So, who's with me?

You make some good points. Overall, I thought Journey was a brilliant idea (and ponied up for the Premium head start), and definitely thought it added a way of progression that didn’t rely so much on the “win 6 rounds a day” (which, speaking for myself, I didn’t always want to commit 60-90 minutes in a single day) - and the quests added a nice mental challenge In terms of building a competitive deck with constraints (But I also have a good chunk of the collection at this point, so it was “easier” I guess). And monetizing the keys was an added benefit to spend on leader skins, meteorite, etc, rather than just straight-up kegs.

In terms of spending, though, I already don’t spend directly on kegs a little out of principle, but mostly out of the pricing/value. I can’t wrap my head around how Cyberpunk 2077 preorder is ~$60(US), while 40 Master Mirror premium kegs is $70. For that much money (on the kegs), I’d expect to get a lot more value out of it.

Last edited:
The edit you made makes your post seem much more reasonable indeed, it seems that you too enjoyed the journey.
I liked the story bit we got aswell, what I can't make my self remember is where we read about it or played before, i'm almost certain that we've played a side quest or read a book in one of the games of the Witcher trilogy....mmhmm... nevermind i'm getting off topic ! 😅😅
As for the whole monetization thing I read above. I got the combo MM and got a ton of great cards out of it, pardon me but i'm more than certain that i'll play gwent for at least another 500 hours so yeah... I'll get my money's worth and before you judge me lemme remind ya, I LOVE Gwent !
Now if CDPR doesn't come up with a good and rewarding system like we've been talking about right above my judgement would be much more harsh since I've invested money and time, for the time being they can cash out on the good will they've built all these years that none can dispute.
One of the things that help me spend is that part of the money go back in the game's e-sports scene.
I wanna support that if and when I can. :)

The edit you made makes your post seem much more reasonable indeed, it seems that you too enjoyed the journey.
[...]
One of the things that help me spend is that part of the money go back in the game's e-sports scene.
I wanna support that if and when I can. :)

Thanks again for your reaction, I changed my post and I see your points here, too. I liked Journey and supporting E-Sports is great, too.

I actually like a lot of the stupid challenges: I can do them and it doesn't matter if I win a game. And they're different. I probably will try the journey again one more time but after that, as I've said elsewhere, it effectively becomes a subscription game and the pricing of the game leaves a lot to be desired and I probably won't. But for me playing cards and combos gets me something, trying to win whole games can be very hard and I like to just put cards together and try things rather than 'HAVE' to play in a certain way: where's the fun in that?

I see no point in continuing to pay to participate, which is where this game is heading rapidly, so I'll probably pretty much join the whole strike just by default. I've already started playing only as much as I enjoy the game and that's why I'm here. I stopped after about 5 games, only two of which were kinda fun (one I got lucky and won by a point when I thought it would be a draw, the other I lost). I see no point in playing if it isn't fun, regardless of any other consideration.

The flaw with the strike is that next month it won’t matter. Starting a new journey will suppress the issue for everyone, (no one is likely to finish 100 levels in 30 days unless they buy the warp and go seriously hardcore.) So your strike doesn’t even have a chance of paying dividends for months. The way to inspire change is to boycott all premium content as well as not buy cyberpunk. Make a strike that says rent or buy used only on cyberpunk until they fix Gwent and they will fix Gwent. That said, the forum has a very small slice of the player base and of that slice only some of them care enough to take any direct action. I purposed something similar to fix the coin flip (still the biggest issue in Gwent by a mile,) and nothing happened. End of the day, devs will do what they want and players leaving will force a compromise.

Hello!

I (mostly) enjoyed missions from journey. I actually liked the idea of having to pick a faction from three options.

Maybe, they could tone them down a bit. As a beginner, I found frustrating having to craft some cards. I can only imagine how difficult it must be having to craft a legendary when starting.

Now. The missions I've come to hate are the "win X amount of games" I've found on trees.

I just play for fun. I enjoy missions like "play artifacts" because I find myself trying stuff. Sometimes with bronze cards that cost 80 scraps.

But, having to win games makes me act like a try hard. The kind of people who shut down opponents and go for 2-0s when it's obvious the opponent is grinding a mission.

-CONCLUSIONS-

I like the idea. Promoting the use of different factions is good. Maybe, it should give EXP boosts or additional RP, without nerfing rewards to people who don't feel like taking it.

I'll join the strike by not buying Journey right of the bat.

Will eventually buy it, though.

It's not fair that your option "don't agree with you" is together with "don't care".

So I CARE but I don't agree. I like idea of strike, I believe we players should change game devs with our response.

But I totally don't agree with a reason.

Playing just few games to win is boring.
Thinking "how to make decks for specific quest work" is making game
  • less boring for me (game make me think about something instead of going same deck again and again)
  • more fun for others (they will find some worse, but more interesting and sometimes surprise decks instead of same thing again and again) and
  • make me (and other people) explore part of Gwent synergies we wouldn't otherwise, and it's fun and nice. (Don't lie, otherwise we all netdecking).
So, can I make some Antistrike? Should I buy double journey or something? :D

By the way, my own "strike" is - I didn't buy the earth pack when I was going too because Cyberpunk was delayed again.
Sorry Gwent team, I know it's not your fault!
And I support the fact that it was delayed instead of sold with lots of bugs (I would be very angry if it would). I believe you they just give later date from start.
Now Gwent team go to Cyberpunk team and tell them "HEY! Because of you we lose money, so you better do the PERFECT GAME!". I'm sure there is not pressure on Cyberpunk so far so a little more will be perfect for them to stress them a little. (It's a joke, they are probably really stressed and need some relax time).

Then it seems I've been on strike from the start.

Well, I thought so, too. But during the last (and first) Journey I realized that sometimes I play out of an obligation to keep up with Reward Points. If it isn't like that for you, that's great :)

It's not fair that your option "don't agree with you" is together with "don't care".

I'm sorry. I meant it as: "I don't care" OR "I don't think you're right."

^bump... Gotta keep the strike alive

Last edited:
Top Bottom