2 rows instead of 3. Homecoming. [POLL]

+

2 rows instead of 3. Homecoming. [POLL]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see CPDR reply to my OP.

The Mob aren't usually right, yet the reply other than having a PTR (good stuff) is very meaningless to really address why CDPR change a beloved feature.

So, sounds like it is not they change to 2 row due to Mobile play, the real advantage escaped me.

Good luck, CPDR wish you success give a nice surprises but not nasty ones

I know that most of you are against the change, but when the time is right we will show you in detail how the game has changed and how it plays. Also, we'll have a PTR to test everything and get player feedback, please bear with us :)

Any approximate idea when the PTR is coming?

Only because they are available doesnt mean i have to put it in my deck.
Generally speaking, yes you do. The decks are based on synergies, and the synergies will be distributed evenly between the cards. Yes, you can make a Mage/Machine only deck, but it'll be a minor exception. And even if you add Melee, Range and Machine cards evenly in your deck, you'll have a smaller Range/Machine pool to choose from, making the game imbalanced. Let's not argue for the sake of arguing anymore.

I don't understand what the players' infatuation with the third row is about.

You dont understand? Making all simplier and simplier? It's a monoculture. Im puking on it. Why not stay with 3 rows and make them all special for choosen or all cards? Instead CDPR want to "TAKE US BACK" to 2 rows. You see that? Take us back to 2!!! As theyre in the past! I do not buy this. It was the same with midwinter patch - it will be something new, special bla bla bla... they made game simplier, they reset some really good abilities i am calling this a monoculture. Homecoming? No... Heartstone2.

@wojtek1111 Adding row-restriction and bonuses will complicate the game even after removing a row. Yes, doing that without removing a row will complicate it even further. But postage-stamp sized cards IS a problem that needs to be taken care off.

Unless you've any better ideas regarding it without sacrificing a row? And I don't mean changing the layout to cramp-in the bigger cards.

Generally speaking, yes you do. The decks are based on synergies, and the synergies will be distributed evenly between the cards. Yes, you can make a Mage/Machine only deck, but it'll be a minor exception. And even if you add Melee, Range and Machine cards evenly in your deck, you'll have a smaller Range/Machine pool to choose from, making the game imbalanced. Let's not argue for the sake of arguing anymore.

I just cant follow your argumentation. There is most likely a missing link for me. Why is(/has to be) the synergy distributed evenly? Melee could get weaker synergies, range stronger. Or even just like the fiend, melee get no abilitie at all. You can have melee heavy synergy which relies at many units and range/siege one with fewer. I give you the point, if the ratio was mostly one sided. But i dont think 2:1:1 is it. Maybe only one faction is melee heavy (most likely monster faction).

And i dont argue for arguing, i just dont get your point. I am fine, if you think it is unbalanced, but i want totry to understand it at least^^.

@wojtek1111 Adding row-restriction and bonuses will complicate the game even after removing a row. Yes, doing that without removing a row will complicate it even further. But postage-stamp sized cards IS a problem that needs to be taken care off.

Unless you've any better ideas regarding it without sacrificing a row? And I don't mean changing the layout to cramp-in the bigger cards.
Oh man! So i am arguing to complicate not to simplicity gwent! And tell me now, to who is postage-stamp sized card a problem?!!! For me and most of us prestent gwent players is not. If gwent will be adapted in this form for smartphone mobile players, then many pro and casual gamers will say goodbye for gwent. As well theres topics where you can find how to adapt presten gwent to mobile phone and now it is really playable. So why you are so destructive to adapt things on your way and do not to cooperate with community?

Please remember to remain civil towards one another, regardless of opinions. This discussion seems to be getting a bit heated.

Thank you.

Why is(/has to be) the synergy distributed evenly?
For the sake of balance. I was not talking about what it'll be like after Homecoming, but how it is now. After Homecoming, anything is possible. I was only suggesting a reason why merging Range+Machine is important, apart from aesthetics.

Monster faction isn't Melee heavy. Any card which plays/spawns a hazard will count as a Range, and Griffins and Giants, etc. will count as Siege/Machines/third row.

Same reason you're eager to reach a conclusion without giving it a fair try. :sneaky:

But you know that there won't be a way back? It's not like try it and if you don't like it we do something else. It's more like either you like it or play something else.

heres-a-look-at-the-board-for-gwent-the-witcher-card-game-youll-be-playing-on.png

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Wheres fair try?
This isn't a democracy, though. A studio is making games based on their ideas, with player feedback. Nothing was promised. If you don't like the changes they make to their game, and they don't change it even after your suggestions, they must think it's necessary.

Honestly, I think that the same people who are complaining about 2 rows now, at least half of them will congratulate CDPR post Homecoming. I feel a big chunk of the community doesn't have an opinion, and just go with the flow. Also, I feel it's okay if some players quit the game, making the way for new players. Even if you're playing since Open Beta like me, you're already playing for a year now. And it's just a card game. It shouldn't be a big deal if you (not you, personally) move on to something else. It would be a good thing, in-fact. Since you would've enjoyed the golden period of Gwent in your opinion.

And the Midwinter update complicated the game more than anything with the Create ability and cards, so I don't know why you're upset over it.

But you know that there won't be a way back? It's not like try it and if you don't like it we do something else. It's more like either you like it or play something else.
Probably won't be a way back, yes. But what we have currently, is it good enough? No. If Homecoming fails, CDPR will do something else eventually. I think they're trying to release a stable Gwent before CyberPunk. But if a considerable chunk of their player-base leaves, they'll be trying something else. I think it's a good point of the free, online medium. Every 'Homecoming' is a chance to attract new players.

I also don't understand why playing something else is such a bad thing. Not for CDPR, but for you, as a player. The game has changed, and you don't like it anymore (post Homecoming scenario). You'd played it while it was fun though, so you should wish the studio good luck for all the fun times, and gladly move on to something else now.

Probably won't be a way back, yes. But what we have currently, is it good enough? No. If Homecoming fails, CDPR will do something else eventually. I think they're trying to release a stable Gwent before CyberPunk. But if a considerable chunk of their player-base leaves, they'll be trying something else. I think it's a good point of the free, online medium. Every 'Homecoming' is a chance to attract new players.

I also don't understand why playing something else is such a bad thing. Not for CDPR, but for you, as a player. The game has changed, and you don't like it anymore (post Homecoming scenario). You'd played it while it was fun though, so you should wish the studio good luck for all the fun times, and gladly move on to something else now.

I do play something else now, but I had hoped HC could reignite my love for the game, because I still love the core concept of the game and I'm a huge witcher fan. Also I've invested a lot of time and some money in this game (I hope I don't have to explain now how CCGs work).

Last edited:
You'd played it while it was fun though, so you should wish the studio good luck for all the fun times, and gladly move on to something else now
Thats the mindset right before anything bad happend. "Hey you lost your legs, but they were fun, while having them"
The problem is, there was a time, where Gwent was just fine. Some Issues but nothing really big (compared to now). Now it isnt fun and they want to keep going downwards. We can see how the fun goes down. And no, i am not happy about that. CDRed could just go back to end of closed beta and it would be fine. They dont redo their mistakes they made, they keep making them.

I know that most of you are against the change, but when the time is right we will show you in detail how the game has changed and how it plays. Also, we'll have a PTR to test everything and get player feedback, please bear with us :)

Oh my heavens above. Can you imagine going to a Michelin star restaurant, ordering your food and then when the waiter comes out with your dish he says: 'We know you ordered our prime ribeye steak, but here is a chicken wing instead. I'll explain the difference if you would like me to.'

No? I can't imagine it either. Because if it happened that restaurant would lose all of its customers and get shut down.

"We told you we would listen to your feedback, and I know we didn't, but we will now have a PTR for homecoming for you to tell us your opinions about the changes we just acknowledged you don't like."

Last edited:

The problem is, there was a time, where Gwent was just fine.
And when was it? Geralt into Eredin? Henselt promote? Play weather and set everything on the row to 1?

Also, a put Midwinter "create" debacle on community as well. People were constantly whining about how this game was predictable and were demanding more excitement and unpredictability, read rng...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom