3 things I enjoy in this game - tell me if you feel the same way

+
Nice to seem some opinions here. It is stange for me most people liked the driving, I guess the lap top keyboard means I cannot enjoy it as much as you controller users :)
You can buy a USB dongle thing that lets you use a controller with your PC, I use an old Xbox one with mine and it makes driving so much easier and more enjoyable, the game switches control schemes as soon as you hit a button on either m+kb or controller :ok:

It's a fun loot romp.

I like driving, although framerate and the awful minimap directions hinder it.

Slicing and dicing with my katana as I double jump all over is silly enjoyable fun.

If I accept it for what it is, I can have some fun with it.

But I won't be fooled again.

Was looking for a thread where at least someone says some good things about this game and I'd like to add my 5 cent.

Not enough game experience, i'm only in the beginning of the story (about 7 hours) and playing on the low end PC about 50 fps 1080p middle settings, but what I already saw and truly can say that this game just gorgeous. I will not list what exactly or pointing to something specific.
But it's absolutely stunning, at least for now.

actually he asked if we felt the same way...i don't.....and I listed why.
lol you're clearly not reading the same things then... because your replying to OP telling him how he worded his own post.
winning the arguement isnt a win, no matter how right you think you are. its not debate. its conversation about what we liked... youre still not participating in a way the op clearly requested. thats all. go back and try again. im sure you can think of something constructive for this convo.

Like cyberpunk's open conversation options. Takemura had a quest dialog to deliver to me once. he started in. i selected few replies... and walked away. just bye! and ya know what he said? come back when youre ready to give your undivided attention. and i did... and we even had a little quip about me walking back into the convo after wandering out. Such detail and freedom is rare.

Nice to seem some opinions here. It is stange for me most people liked the driving, I guess the lap top keyboard means I cannot enjoy it as much as you controller users :)
yeah i switched to play with gamepad on pc just because the driving is real fun with it especially on the bike in first person view

My favs would be:
1 The City for sure just walking there is breathtaking
2 The story so far and the characters...
3 But what i do most of my freeroam gameplay if its not driving the bike its the parkour and jumping to the top of buildings

1. Side Quests: Though none of them are recurring.

2. Combat: Though it is monkeys, but also because it's monkeys.

3. Some of the Bugs: I like things randomly blowing up. I like how NPC's will fall from the sky. Wish they were events in the world.

1. I enjoy driving around the Night City and The Badlands
2. I like it when Johnny popped out to comment about random things that I found even outside of side missions
3. I enjoy face-rolling the enemies in side missions

1. The characters and their quest lines. Maybe the set of the most memorable side characters I've seen in a game. They just feel "real" and grounded. Talk to them for 5 minutes, you'll get the feeling they've been living in a real Night City all their lives. And the quests made room for them to shine. From the most quiet moments to the loudest, they all bring something to the table. Some of the quests are really loaded with emotions.
2. The immersion and animations. The characters are so well animated and in 1st person view, it's even better because you can notice all those tiny details which happen in real conversations. The way they chuckle, casually walk to light up their cigarette, or scroll on their pads. The guitarists are playing the right notes. As a guitarist myself, the only game which gave it justice was the Last of Us 2, but that's not an open world. Cyberpunk has the best animations I've seen for an open world game, by far.
3. Night City and its setting. The scope, the design, the world and how the lore get tied into it. The highest potential I've seen for an urban setting.

1. Night City
I love how the city looks, feels and just being there is really cool. I don't mind the missing interactions with the world that much, because they aare boring in almost all other games after getting one giggle out of it.

2. Clothes and Character Looks (NPC and V)
I like the look of them, although we NEED a vanity system ASAP. There are so many cool loking clothes, I would spend hours to find the perfekt look, if stats wouldn't be tied to them. After maxing out Body and the Aathletics perks, I dressed only for style.

3. THE MUSIC
The music in this game is FANTASTIC. Easily the best use of music in a game ever. Combat music is just perfect and it is the first time in any game with radio stations, that I love listening to nearly all of them (well I don't really need Jazz in 2077).

Honorable mention has to be female V voice actress, she was just perfect.

1. Character Creation/Customization - It's what pulled me in front the start, truthfully!
2. Clothing - I love a lot of the fashion both V and the NPCs wear, and hope we can get access to more of the NPC clothing in a patch/update or DLC.
3. Characters - Judy, Panam, Jackie, etc. Characters are very nice both aesthetically and how they act.

Three things I like:

Clouds - the conversation with the Doll is well scripted.

Judy & Panam - the side quests for these 2 are great.

Foreshadowing - if you look around there is a lot of foreshadowing in the game. eg the first time you ride the elevator to your apartment the TV has a segment on the Relic, watching it tells you a lot about what is going on. There is a lot of it around if you are paying attention.

Lambach, I could not find so much cool looking clothes , you must be luckier than me in that regard

I just bougth everything and put it in my stash. As my body attribute got 20 and I had nearly all Athletics perks I just combined what looked good, without giving a damn about stats or mod slots. I played female V, so there might be less options for male that look good together, as I wore skirts half of the time.

Wearing only "best in slot" pieces was only okayish, as I had only very few options, sometimes none for a specific item like shoes.

The skill system (imho) needs a rebalance, hacking is so insanely overpowered compared to other skills, combined with stealth it makes the game ridiculously easy, I think a good way to balance this would be to pick only 3 stats and their related perks, make one primary and the other two secondary and set limits, the primary skill can be min/maxed at will and the secondary skills have a cap on how many perk points that can be spent.
Sadly I feel like the game is too easy even on Very Hard no matter what gamestyle you choose.
"Blunt Melee" Get your Gorilla Arms with full Brawler/Athletics and go to town smashing skulls easily.
"Blade Melee" Get the Satori Katana with full Blades/Athletic and no head will stay on a shoulder.
"Netrunner" Max out Intelligence and some stealth and you can kill an entire camp within seconds without even being spotted.
I think the real issue is unbalanced late game powerlevels and dumb AI.

The skill system (imho) needs a rebalance, hacking is so insanely overpowered compared to other skills, combined with stealth it makes the game ridiculously easy, I think a good way to balance this would be to pick only 3 stats and their related perks, make one primary and the other two secondary and set limits, the primary skill can be min/maxed at will and the secondary skills have a cap on how many perk points that can be spent.

It's the same thing I think about Body and Reflexes.

Using pistol/revolver with silencer and sneak is way overpowered if you invest in it.

Investing in body makes you go ahead and incapacitate everything with a police bat.

Maybe the problem is that they wanted to make the skill progression meaningful, but lost their ways while doing it, and it killed the game balancing, making it too easy if you invest in the skill.

And without investing in the proper skill, the gun continues to do a lot of damage.

But the main problem is the AI. Enemies never tries to flank you, miss a lot of shots, have no supression fire while others moves to your position. They'll hardly hit you, if you just run around. And most of them are just there, looking around and doing nothing.

If you wear clothing with armadillo mods you're almost invincible against bullets.

Gas cylinders, and mines, as it is - are just a way to force the player to reload - it would be much more interesting to make it deal something like 95% of life damage, to force the player to retreat, instead of instant kill, or to make it deal elemental damage (fire, venom and eletric).

Now about the 3 good things:

The good points of combat, for me, is meele variety of weapons and the animations of Katana and the Hammer.

Smart weapons having some balancing, and missing some bullets are good too, to balance the combat system.

The other thing that I really like was the car interiors and exterior design, they are fantastic, the best I saw in a game until this day, and the car roarings are very nice.

The story itself is very well written, very solid character building, but the lack of equally meaningful choice is a bug flaw in this department.

If you choose not to do Panam's quests, they are locked and that's it, no other alternative story path to this choice. There is a car that you can obtain by doing that, but no meaningful content.

Same goes for Judy, if you choose not to do her quests, there nothing more to it, her missions became locked and there's no equally alternative path.

And IMO districts should have their own space in the plot line, with alternative gang missions and destiny, you should be able to choose if some gang can take control of one district, or if it should be returned to NCPD, showing the consequences of these decisions.

Well, but despite that, I'm really pleased for the content displayed, I just wish that we could have more of that.

1. Female V voice acting
  2. Atmosphere of Night City
  3. Characters
I don't agree on the skill system, everything gameplay related needs a balance pass, and potentially a more in-depth rework.

However, the tech tree is entirely useless
It's not useless, it literally has a use.

Crafting is pretty much a must-have if you want to min-max damage and armor. And the way it is right now, it provides infinite money.

I love driving in this game, especially since I feel like a lot of cars do behave quite differently and since the game simultaneously supports controller and keyboard input. And because of that, I can use my Tartarus pro to have analog control while driving, which makes it even more fun :)
Also the whole atmospehere is amazing, as already stated and the voice acting is really good.I also think with the side missions, the game finds a good balance, between being a bit boring(which is not nesceserally bad, since it can give a little timeout), being interesting and then being f'ed up as hell like the River side wuests imo.
Like the game still finds ways to pleasantly surprise me, even after about 80hrs of gameplay.

1. Female V voice acting
  2. Atmosphere of Night City
  3. Characters
I don't agree on the skill system, everything gameplay related needs a balance pass, and potentially a more in-depth rework.

It's not useless, it literally has a use.

Crafting is pretty much a must-have if you want to min-max damage and armor. And the way it is right now, it provides infinite money.
Man, you can surely own the hard diff. with 0 crafting of itema above green quality. I did it. But the problem here is that the AI of enemies is very very stupid, it must be called AS /artificial stupidity/ , not AI

Top Bottom