9.0 Patch Notes

+
To be honest I don't mind that change that much(as long as it stays active as the last played mode and doesn't always switch back to A.I), this way some of the players which usually brought Top Tier Decks into Casual mode might reconsider (one can still hope) if it's obviously marked as training mode instead of ranked progression off.
No, they will not :D
As it always has been, 99% of players will test and practice new (or even top meta) decks in casual mode, where they don't have any extra pressure and have the chance to steamroll less prepared decks for easy wins.

Last played mode switching back to A.I. after every single match is most annoying though, I agree.

Stockpile should have gotten the Invigorate treatment. It should have allowed you to choose 3 units, rather than 3 adjacent units. NG will disable the value of Stockpile so I can see other NR users being used with Cooldown units. You can still decrease cooldown with other cards such as Winch, Priscilla or Siege Support after all. So playing other leaders like Uprising, Shieldwall would be more effective. Just my own take.
Maybe, but I actually really like that it revolves around planning your row placements rather than just letting you pick what you want. It fits well with Siege Engines. NR finally got a complex leader, I would hate for it to be simplified without a fair shot.
What I do think is missing is Soldiers with Cooldown, so that it would be easier to set up both leader and Crew at the same time.

Maybe, but I actually really like that it revolves around planning your row placements rather than just letting you pick what you want. It fits well with Siege Engines. NR finally got a complex leader, I would hate for it to be simplified without a fair shot.
What I do think is missing is Soldiers with Cooldown, so that it would be easier to set up both leader and Crew at the same time.
We view things from different perspectives, so agree to disagree. Yes, Stockpile is a more complex leader. However complexity is not what I am looking for when it comes to leader abilities. I am looking for reliability.

But ok, I'll give it a fair shot. I don't expect it to be efficient the way they worded it. Doing anything to adjacent units has rarely been a reliable thing. If anything this is a vulnerability, as your opponent will take greater care in not allowing you to line-up 3 units for a leader charge.

witch apprentice is so broken it would still be good at 6 provision, I had a 18 for 4 in my last game what the hell cdpr^^ how can this be a 4P
So six rounds of boosts based upon Sabbath. This definitely shows that your opponent lacked removal and judgment to avoid a long round. Without knowing more, I can’t say whether the problem was an OP card or a weak opponent.

Guest 4375874

witch apprentice is so broken it would still be good at 6 provision, I had a 18 for 4 in my last game what the hell cdpr^^ how can this be a 4P
that says more about your opponent than it does the card. plenty of cards can play for that value, especially the witcher cards but you don't sit and let your opponent accumulate points. People are still getting accustomed to the cards so give it time

that says more about your opponent than it does the card. plenty of cards can play for that value, especially the witcher cards but you don't sit and let your opponent accumulate points. People are still getting accustomed to the cards so give it time
What 4 provision card can get to that value? In any case you'd be wasting precious removal on a 4 provision bronze card, which is silly.

Guest 4375874

What 4 provision card can get to that value? In any case you'd be wasting precious removal on a 4 provision bronze card, which is silly.
Didn't say 4p but if that's the case Mahakam Guard....Heymaey Protector. That aside I said bronze not 4p...Cat witcher, Bear witcher mentor, Griffin witcher. And don't get me wrong, I do not like the relict cards so far so I'm not trying to defend them. Merely that at it's in line with the detestable powercreep we've already seen.

Its not that hard to reach 25 points quicks, specially in a round 2 with SWK resilence (or another card get resilence from her). So you only need to use one tall card and nature force leader and you already has more than 25 points.

In the next round you put a witcher aprendice and it starts to growing.

So, unless you have a tall remove (and lets be honest, its not all the decks has tall remove -( example devotion nature gift) there is no value using 5 points card remove since your opponent will put more and more units with good value.

Guest 4375874

Its not that hard to reach 25 points quicks, specially in a round 2 with SWK resilence (or another card get resilence from her). So you only need to use one tall card and nature force leader and you already has more than 25 points.

In the next round you put a witcher aprendice and it starts to growing.

So, unless you have a tall remove (and lets be honest, its not all the decks has tall remove -( example devotion nature gift) there is no value using 5 points card remove since your opponent will put more and more units with good value.
I have 1 tall removal in my deck, Imlerith's wrath... I don't use heatwave or oneiromancy and I have stopped sabbath several times with a vampire deck. Sometimes all I need is wild hunt bruisers. It's not even a very good deck in the current meta. I guess it depends on whether you are just letting the opponent play freely. I know they will go hard in R1 and it's easily telegraphed

Last edited by a moderator:
So six rounds of boosts based upon Sabbath. This definitely shows that your opponent lacked removal and judgment to avoid a long round. Without knowing more, I can’t say whether the problem was an OP card or a weak opponent.
lol yeah guess what not every player has a 6 removal in hand at all times. its not like you cant shit out 25 points in 3 rounds easily with monsters. even if it was a 10 or 12 it would be way too good for a 4p, people complained about aen elle conqueror 1 year ago. this card should boost by 1 as a 4p or be a 6p tbh. I'm enjoying myself very much with the new monster cards but especially this card feels like too much, especially after they finally nerfed larvas this patch, even though it was a shadow buff against NG (RIP mage infiltrator)
I think this 4p is objectively better than beast, sure it needs sabbath (and beast needs a tall unit too) but it goes on and on without a limit and you dont need to put yourself at risk by boosting another unit to high heavens to maintain beast

I have 1 tall removal in my deck, Imlerith's wrath... I don't use heatwave or oneiromancy and I have stopped sabbath several times with a vampire deck. Sometimes all I need is wild hunt bruisers. It's not even a very good deck in the current meta. I guess it depends on whether you are just letting the opponent play freely. I know they will go hard in R1 and it's easily telegraphed
its the second time you say about your vampir deck.

I really interest to see how it perform so well against sabah and relict units, specially because you have only imleriths wrath (a not so good tall remove, specially in a vampire deck where usually units doesnt go so tall) and bruiser.

For me its not dificult to put 25 points in both row, so bruise its almost useless.

Guest 4375874

lol yeah guess what not every player has a 6 removal in hand at all times. its not like you cant shit out 25 points in 3 rounds easily with monsters. even if it was a 10 or 12 it would be way too good for a 4p, people complained about aen elle conqueror 1 year ago. this card should boost by 1 as a 4p or be a 6p tbh. I'm enjoying myself very much with the new monster cards but especially this card feels like too much, especially after they finally nerfed larvas this patch, even though it was a shadow buff against NG (RIP mage infiltrator)
I think this 4p is objectively better than beast, sure it needs sabbath (and beast needs a tall unit too) but it goes on and on without a limit and you dont need to put yourself at risk by boosting another unit to high heavens to maintain beast
Neither do I, but somehow I manage even if I don't draw wrath. I have no tutor remember. That's kind of the point. I'm not using a very good deck, little to no control of which MO has the least options. What faction are you telling me will have difficulty damaging, removing or moving cards to disable sabbath? Because you do not solely need tall removal to do it. I hate that I'm even defending a mechanic that I detest lol
Post automatically merged:

its the second time you say about your vampir deck.

I really interest to see how it perform so well against sabah and relict units, specially because you have only imleriths wrath (a not so good tall remove, specially in a vampire deck where usually units doesnt go so tall) and bruiser.

For me its not dificult to put 25 points in both row, so bruise its almost useless.
It's a below average deck, that's the point I'm making. it's nowhere near as consistent as other decks or factions so if that can give Sabbath problems I don't see why others cannot. I get the feeling no one is trying to stop sabbath, so they complain it's too good when it really isn't. The vampire deck in question got me to pro last season, of course this season is going to be a lot more difficult for it because I see nothing so far that's worth adding for MO however the other factions are looking challenging....but I'm sticking with it.

Given the power creep in recent gold cards with the likes of Gezras, Eist, Viy, Whoreson Junior and others, I am greatful to see bronzes power crept as well. This game definitely needs less gap between top golds and deck-filling bronze cards. Without more equity between top and bottom cards, the game degenerates to luck (who draws the most key cards) and binary interaction (have an answer or lose) rather than play strategy and deck synergy.

Neither do I, but somehow I manage even if I don't draw wrath. I have no tutor remember. That's kind of the point. I'm not using a very good deck, little to no control of which MO has the least options. What faction are you telling me will have difficulty damaging, removing or moving cards to disable sabbath? Because you do not solely need tall removal to do it. I hate that I'm even defending a mechanic that I detest lol

It's a below average deck, that's the point I'm making. it's nowhere near as consistent as other decks or factions so if that can give Sabbath problems I don't see why others cannot. I get the feeling no one is trying to stop sabbath, so they complain it's too good when it really isn't. The vampire deck in question got me to pro last season, of course this season is going to be a lot more difficult for it because I see nothing so far that's worth adding for MO however the other factions are looking challenging....but I'm sticking with it.
you're using one of the greediest engine decks against a solitaire deck and win, congrats. how exactly does that invalidate my point? and no, most decks cannot keep monsters from staying under 25points in a long round, sometimes not even a short one.

Given the power creep in recent gold cards with the likes of Gezras, Eist, Viy, Whoreson Junior and others, I am greatful to see bronzes power crept as well. This game definitely needs less gap between top golds and deck-filling bronze cards. Without more equity between top and bottom cards, the game degenerates to luck (who draws the most key cards) and binary interaction (have an answer or lose) rather than play strategy and deck synergy.
Im not even against strong bronzes, but 4p shouldnt be better than some golds

Guest 4375874

you're using one of the greediest engine decks against a solitaire deck and win, congrats. how exactly does that invalidate my point? and no, most decks cannot keep monsters from staying under 25points in a long round, sometimes not even a short one.

Im not even against strong bronzes, but 4p shouldnt be better than some golds
A vampire deck? It's the weakest archetype MO has currently...and I have no engines. I guess Apiarian Phantom, it's the only boosting unit in my deck but that isn't even what it's used for as evident below and Winter queen which is just for thinning. It's a devotion deck which makes it even more laughable. Case in point, this was R1 and my points aren't anywhere to be called greedy. Their deck has zero ability to counter anything, you can basically move and damage to your hearts content. Note I didn't even destroy witches apprentice. I didn't have the means to but I did not need to. They played leader and I simply moved it to the next row with Wild Hunt Bruiser which disabled sabbath.

Either way I don't like Sabbath anymore than you do so I'm all for it being reworked. I just prefer to be practical, it's poorly designed imo but not because it's OP. Viy is OP, not this.

Sab1.jpg

A vampire deck? It's the weakest archetype MO has currently...and I have no engines. I guess Apiarian Phantom, it's the only boosting unit in my deck but that isn't even what it's used for as evident below and Winter queen which is just for thinning. It's a devotion deck which makes it even more laughable. Case in point, this was R1 and my points aren't anywhere to be called greedy. Their deck has zero ability to counter anything, you can basically move and damage to your hearts content. Note I didn't even destroy witches apprentice. I didn't have the means to but I did not need to. They played leader and I simply moved it to the next row with Wild Hunt Bruiser which disabled sabbath.

Either way I don't like Sabbath anymore than you do so if it's nerfed I'm fine with that. I just prefer to be practical, it's poorly designed imo but not because it's OP.

View attachment 11224133
Tbf I think that's a perfect matchup for vampires, not much control on their side and you're doing a lot of damage but slowly, while the weakness of Vampires is facing Veil and their inability to do quick instant removal, but they are good at doing damage over a period of time. In this case not being able to instantly remove something isn't a significant factor.

Guest 4375874

Tbf I think that's a perfect matchup for vampires, not much control on their side and you're doing a lot of damage but slowly, while the weakness of Vampires is facing Veil and their inability to do quick instant removal, but they are good at doing damage over a period of time. In this case not being able to instantly remove something isn't a significant factor.
It really isn't. This was a thrive deck, vampires are terrible against thrive engines. If you damage the units and keep their power low you're really not doing any damage because they get those points back immediately and for every 1pt of damage Witches apprentice would get that back and then some. You'll note I'm not using the vampire leader and there's only one vampire left on board so that wasn't the reason for the win. I normally struggle against this deck because of thrive but the sabbath addition has actually made it weaker by removing several thrive engines in favor of sabbath. There are a lot of overtuned cards and combos this expansion but this is the one I'm least concerned about....in fact Viy is far worse to deal with and no way to counter or interact. Anyway this has been my experience, I'm sure others will vary so I'll leave it at that.

I decided to to update and post my lists after every expansion now so see ya in 4 months.. but I wanted to post this one card..: Waylay - Damage a unit by 4. If you control three or more elves splitt a boost by the amount of damage dealt between all elves you control.. for 5 prov. Then it´s a playable card and Vanadain too. 5 damage for 6 prov. would be also an option.. people would play 100% Vanadain then but probably not the card itself.. So I think this is a great idea and want to see this on this card!!

Top Bottom