„A day in the life of the witcher” contest

+
I also notice on the Contest page on the comunity website it states "If your story is divided into separate files upload them in correct order".....Surely if someone uploads there pics the same time someonme else does, then the 2 stories will get mixed up?would it not be better to storyboard them into a Document file format or Presentation file format, then zip and upload it?if you download Open Office (free) and use the presentation package to create the story, then save it as a Powerpoint file and upload it... The devs only have to download the Powerpoint viewer (free) to view it... nobody has to pay for a thing! and its much more pro, consistant, and fair.

LordLethris said:
I also notice on the Contest page on the comunity website it states "If your story is divided into separate files upload them in correct order".....Surely if someone uploads there pics the same time someonme else does, then the 2 stories will get mixed up?would it not be better to storyboard them into a Document file format or Presentation file format, then zip and upload it?if you download Open Office (free) and use the presentation package to create the story, then save it as a Powerpoint file and upload it... The devs only have to download the Powerpoint viewer (free) to view it... nobody has to pay for a thing! and its much more pro, consistant, and fair.
nothing will get mixed up, because every uploaded file is marked with user unique id.

ah right... okey dokey...(i still think my suggestion would have been better ;))can we zip them up and upload them as one file?

Well, I tried. I'm totally going to lose, but I hope the guys and gals of CD Projekt get a chuckle anyway. Great contest!

Thaver2Theta said:
We can make screens 1-5 or one big SreenShoot within up to five screens?Can we send a comic strip as .pdf-file ?
only jpg gif and png files are allowed.you can make everything in one file, or divide it.

Is it better to make solo pics like:picComic1.jpgPigComic2.jpgPicComic3.jpgor to make a whole BIG-Comic-PIC.jpg Image , which contains the solo pics 1-5?Is there a sizes limit for the images? lime maximum: 1200x1024 pixel and so on?

Thaver2Theta said:
Is it better to make solo pics like:picComic1.jpgPigComic2.jpgPicComic3.jpgor to make a whole BIG-Comic-PIC.jpg Image , which contains the solo pics 1-5?Is there a sizes limit for the images? lime maximum: 1200x1024 pixel and so on?
both soultions are good.there is no image size limit. Only filesize is limited (2mb per file)

Hmm... I misread the description, I think, and I submitted a comic that used a lot more than 5 screenshots. It was just a single image, but I cut from several different shots. Is this going to be disqualified? Can I submit another one if so?

well, another opportunity to critique the missing of an screenshot key in TheWitcher (as well as walking) !!!!!

he has a point. I think the compo was a bit premature, specially when you actually tellung us to use 3rd party products to capture screen shost, when you could have activated the "print Screen" key.

All right, I've uploaded mine using the "thewitcher.com-uploader". JPG; 1,22 MB; 6800x1160 pixelsIt's called "Professional Monster-Slayer All Day?"I'll publish the image after 30th November.Wow, by creating this image plus writing down the full story of the game, I invested about 8 hours of work in the witcher this week. :D

I wish I could get a response about whether or not my submission will be disqualified. I've got another idea that I could make shorter, drawing only from 5 screens... but everything is so vague. :-\ And honestly, I put so much work into the last one, the thought of doing another is painful!

Quemaqua said:
I wish I could get a response about whether or not my submission will be disqualified. I've got another idea that I could make shorter, drawing only from 5 screens... but everything is so vague. :-\ And honestly, I put so much work into the last one, the thought of doing another is painful!
Yeah I also used 2 normal screenshorts and 6 kind of "half-screenshots". I also put a lot of effort in it ^^Some great works need more artistic freedom :DI think if you used a decent amount of screenshots and not exaggerated it shouldn't be disqualified.
Quemaqua said:
Your story should consist of from 1 to 5 separate screenshots, or may be composed into a comic strip.
I made a comic strip. And some small pictures of facial close ups are essential for a comic strip ^^

I hope that the main thing is the story, not the size of images? Uploading big screens is impossible for my connection :-[Is 900x563 ok?

For anyone who may not know, I got mail here from one of the mods saying that I have to do another that's only done from 5 screens if I want it to be accepted. So I did another comic, this one only drawing from 5 screens. Man, so much work for this contest! But it was really fun to participate, and I hope it at least shows the CDPR folks what a dedicated group of fans they've garnered for themselves.EDIT - Also, thanks for being flexible enough to let those of us who misinterpreted the rules try again! :)

13. It was a single 1280x1024 image with different shots formatted and cut into it. My 2nd attempt is basically the same thing, but only 5 shots as required, leaving a bit more room for text. My first one was supposed to be funny, but my 2nd one is an attempt to be serious and show how deeply haunting I find the characters and the gameworld. I'm just glad they're done. I really spent too much time on them.

Top Bottom