A moment of silence for the passing a legendary studio...

+
Addar said:
be optimistic, maybe guys from lucas art will work for CDPR now:p:p 150 jobseekers must find their new harbor

San Francisco and Bay Area wages to Warsaw and Polish wages? The laid-off talent is engineers and artists who are in incredible demand right where they are now. Unless CDPR wants to set up their US office there, they'll have few takers.

Poor Guybrush Threepwood !
the good old days have gone for Lucas Arts just like Westwood.

Someone will buy off the 1313 but who and how will that effect the game itself. We also dont know if what stage of development the game itself was.

gregski said:
So.Many.Memories.

The only great Lucasart game I've played, personally.

EDIT: and well Kotors, but it's mostly other devs.

good riddance. same thing should happen to bioware, besthesda and blizzard. god knows those companies haven't made anything good since the 90s.

but i was actually surprised that they outright cancelled 1313, it seemed pretty far into development.

but who cares really, it looked like another cookie cutter corridor shooter/"action" rpg. i'd say disney was just exercising good judgement.

FoggyFishburne said:
Personally, I say good riddance. They haven't released any good games recently but instead have been resorting to milking the shit out of the Star Wars franchise by producing subpar designed games and atrociously shit storylines. I'm glad they're dead.

Maybe from the ashes a new studio can be formed by the former employees that are creatively free to do what they want.

Yes they did make Grim Fandango, one of my favourite games of all time, but I attribute that one more to Tim Schaefer. Maybe I'm being unfair there. The only games I really like from LucasArts even though they're pretty meh, are the Jedi Knight games. Specifically, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. They're fun and brain dead games. They serve their purpose by allowing you to be a lightsaber wielding and force using bastard.

And I can't believe people were actually excited about the 1313 game. Yeah, I really can't get enough of Gears of Uncharted clones. What a shame. It's strange, people are critical of the new Thief game (which is great) but for some fucking reason 1313 gets a pass? Why?! Because it has Star Wars in the title? Ridiculous.

Good luck in your future endeavours. Hopefully your new games will be of greater quality and more creative than what you've been creating in the last 7 years...

complains about shitty copy paste games, calls a shitty copy paste game "great"

Folks, let's not make this personal.

I'm afraid I didn't grow up with their games, and the first one I got to play was Sam & Max Hit the Road, in 2008. or so. It blew my mind, such a fun game with great jokes and things that would get cut nowadays because of budget constraints. Old LucasArts games hold up to this day, and that says a lot. It says a lot that, after some key figures left, they haven't been able to repeat that success. Not to mention the adventure genre has been on the verge of death for a long time, in spite of studios trying to revive it every few years.

I just hope Disney doesn't put a lock on the old games forever, they are too good to be forgotten because of some business practice.

Telitale licensed and acquired Sam and Max series.

They made a great job advancing their graphic details, but I'm disappointed in them for breaking the next game into 5-6 very small episodes in exchanging some money. After seeing it, I stopped supporting them.

I remember that Monkey Island games have been HD remastered a while ago.

I'd love to see a new Indy game, since I followed Indiana Jones games since childhood. He's my fav archaeologist. Need to buy the Staff of Kings game.

About time, they haven't been LucasArts for many years just as BioWare haven't been BioWare, the name is same the rest is well something else. i doubt 1313 would have been anything of interest aside from graphics.

very bad week with all such news.
what could have been the greatest star wars game goes down the drain

Well to lighten the mood very slightly.
http://www.gatheryourparty.com/articles/2013/04/04/raven-software-releases-source-code-for-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-academy/

Guest 2091327

When this happens to Bioware and EA, we should all throw a party.

seamusgod said:
complains about shitty copy paste games, calls a shitty copy paste game "great"
Please highlight the paragraph where I called the Jedi Knight games "great". Can I report you to the moderators or something for lying? They're fun and brain dead and did an interesting job of simulating swordfighting in a game. I haven't said anything else. Please take your time to read posts before replying with a condescending and insulting post yeah?

And I just love how when I make a harmless joke, the moderators are on me like flies on sugar, while you're quite clearly lying and trying to provoke me but you get to walk away without any problems. Life sure is fair.

Oh damn I forgot Empire at War!

It was a pretty good game, loved it. Yea nothing like destroying rebel scum.

EDIT: and Lego Star Wars, I did love them.
Yeaaaa now I'm getting sad.

Masos said:
Check out our latest blogpost: http://cdpred.com/a-cold-day-just-got-colder/#more-1735

Look at all those Full Throttles and Day of the Tentacles! No wonder you guys make great games. You sure know your classics!

EDIT: Maybe now CDPR will be interested in exploring the computer adventure genre? You have great artists, have them design rich "2D" artistic games!

EDIT 2: Maybe "The Bard: Savior of Queens" can be an adventure game where we manipulate people, play songs, mess around with kings and sorceresses, solve problems and so on? We could help others win battles by playing the appropriate songs!

EDIT 3: LOL @ -1. I must have offended some sensibilities by mentioning adventure games! :p

May the gods deliver us from 2D art!

Volsung said:
Look at all those Full Throttles and Day of the Tentacles! No wonder you guys make great games. You sure know your classics!

EDIT: Maybe now CDPR will be interested in exploring the computer adventure genre? You have great artists, have them design rich "2D" artistic games!

EDIT 2: Maybe "The Bard: Savior of Queens" can be an adventure game where we manipulate people, play songs, mess around with kings and sorceresses, solve problems and so on? We could help others win battles by playing the appropriate songs!

EDIT 3: LOL @ -1. I must have offended some sensibilities by mentioning adventure games! :p/>

May the gods deliver us from 2D art!

Hermano... parece que el sentido del humor birlla por su ausencia para alguno ;)/> I balance this negative point with a +1... I hate to see this red color just because somebody doesn't think exactly like you />

Top Bottom