[ACT II] Can I bypass Vizima Confidential?

+
[ACT II] Can I bypass Vizima Confidential?

is there any way to bypass all the crap in vizima, I dont want to play detective

No, get used to it. Also, you don't play detective, you hired one.You do some investigations of yourself. The investigation is not that bad. Only have to visit raymond sometimes, chat a little with the suspects, do some autopsy, kick some bandit butts, activate a golem, place some sephirots and then finally meet the mage and the assassin again who you met earlier at kaer morhen.Besides, there are also plenty of sidequests which you don't want to miss. You even visit the swamp, but be careful to visit that. At last report a very agressive plant houses there. But captain vincent will be very interested in that plant.

Take your time with Act 2 as there is so much to do and to look at and investigate. I though ACT 2 was great!

IMO, ACT 2 - Vizima - is the best of the whole game in both level design and story plot. I really think you should take time to enjoy this ACT, you won't regret it. The detective quest is a simple but very effective in manipulating _you_ , the player, and you are in for a few surprising and satisfying moments.One way to skip this level is to ask people for a saved game that starts you at ACT 3, literally bypassing the entire 2nd act. A compromise is for you to just play all the side quests in ACT 2 or whichever quests you want then ask for a saved game where you can just go to ACT 3 without the need to finish the detective quest. This way you can still have a feel for the continuity of the game and hopefully some feelings for the characters involved which I think are necessary for enjoying this kind of game.
alex9269 said:
is there any way to bypass all the crap in vizima, I dont want to play detective

I'm taking a guess here but it sounds like the OP is perhaps on his 2nd play through, and wants to skip some of the parts they played before if possible?If so then well Vizima Confidential is the main quest arc of CH 2 so you're stuck with it.If this is your first time through the game then it just sounds like you're not enjoying the game very much ???Most adventure games, including this one, are basically about 'playing detective', finding out answers to questions to progress the story, solving puzzles etc. It's what we play it for!

Get the 9 Sephirot stones before you even talk to the detective for the first time. Most of the stuff that he asks you to do will be done by then.

I admit Act II was the most time-consuming chapter for me but this chapter is an exception. I don't mind to do the investigations. I like the game because it has lots of variety to solve a problem or reach your aim. It's not all about hack'n'slay e.g. how to defeat the Golem or the Kikimore queen. So one chapter of the gameplay is detective work.

dlevere said:
Get the 9 Sephirot stones before you even talk to the detective for the first time. Most of the stuff that he asks you to do will be done by then.
Exactly right. Do everything you can before actually talking to the detective. Chances are you can breeze through the rest in no time, with little leg-work.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Quite frankly, on all of my play throughs, I was sad to see this chapter end. [/size][/size] Not only is a lot of back ground information found, but many cool items, and story lines to explore. I enjoyed it and found new stuff every time I played through.And to those at Red, I said it before, I will say it again - Awesome Game! Well Done! Still the best RPG I have ever played, and I have been around a long time.

Top Bottom