[ACT II] Defeating the Golem

+
Crank up your damage as high as possible with Strong Steel, diamond dust and a thunderbolt potion. Use a Tawny Owl potion as well and hit it with Igni every time you get enough endurance. The golem is really slow, so if you take too much damage just run out of reach and wait for your Swallow potion to work.

You get all ingredients in the swamp including alcohol (Vaska); and runing around in circles, activating pylons proved effective.

TheLoneBader said:
Crank up your damage as high as possible with Strong Steel, diamond dust and a thunderbolt potion. Use a Tawny Owl potion as well and hit it with Igni every time you get enough endurance. The golem is really slow, so if you take too much damage just run out of reach and wait for your Swallow potion to work.
you don't have to hit him once. what do you think the lightning rod is for? :)

clumpy1 said:
what does running around in circles activiating pylons do?
they hit the golem about 6 hits and it dies but you can get hit by them too.. and they hurt -.-

Firehawk said:
you don't have to hit him once. what do you think the lightning rod is for? :)
I thought it was for activiating the golem originally, and the pylons were associated with that. Electricity woke him up, why would more electricity kill him rather than healing him?

An easy fight heres how i beat the Golem Sharpened Sword took Swallow, Owl Potions had Blizzard just in case! Realising the Golem is perhaps one of the slowest enemys in the game i used my signs, Starting with the sign you place on the floor, let the Golem approach he will more than likley take a hit knocking him back then while standing behind the Spell on the floor hit him with Igni the fire spell fully charged keep doing this and he will never even hit you! I only used the Electric Shock method once on him that takes his life down to roughly three quarters.Realising that this strat was a bit to easy i waded in and smaked the hell out of him a few times but the damage achived with your swords is terrible so...

If like me you tend to run into things a little unprepared, a good way of defeating the golem is to use the yrden and your steel sword (strong style) or an axe - stay close to the pylons and use them as much as you can as well. Start by running away - go to the furthest away pylon and activate then cast yrden on the ground in front of you. Wait till the golem takes damage from it and beat him back with your sword or axe with a good flurry of blows - then retreat back to the yrden sign - he is stupid and will keep walking over it. If you time his position right you can do another yrden which dispells the original one but increases the damage in the area round about you. Repeat until he's dead... I'd personally recommend using a blizzard potion that way you are a lot more mobile and can reach all the pylons which are easier to take him out with - though the second time I did this the pylons didn't do a damned thing so had to take him down the hard way! ;D

Theres really no need for sword-bashing this time, just activate the pylons while golem is in the middle, do this few times and he will die. Just make sure you are outside the circle when you acitvate the last pylon.

get him in the dead centre of the triangle when you activate the last pylon and the lighening will kill him. don't know what you lot are goin on about 1 direct lightening strike will kill him

if you have problems activating the pylons try using blizzard before the battle. slows everything down. I actually killed him first try using blizzard

Which sword is more effective on the Golem? I used Sliver with dimond dust and just kept bashing on him while using Igni sign. Silver sword didn't do alot of damage to him though but did keep him off me.

Like others already said, there's no need to try to fight the golem. Take a Swallow potion. Activate the golem and start running in circles around outside the pylons, and activate them one at a time. Every time the third pylon is activated, a lightning strikes. It usually hits the golem but if it hits you, keep running around until you're healed again. It was much more fun do that way than try to fight the golem -- I couldn't do more than a few points of damage to it at one hit.

If you descide to fight the golem without the pylons (I didn't think of the pylons at all.. :p ), just whoop out your Axii sign and let the sucker just walk into it. He'll take some damage and get knockbacked. Couple this with some Igni signs and just sit it out, or jump in from time to time to whoop him with your 1 damage per hit awesome attack skillz.. :)A Tawny owl potion would be nice though. :)- Zoink

All that fancy stuff probably works, but you can also take the bonehead route like I did and just quaff a Swallow and keep hitting him with Strong Style. Can't remember which sword I used, but I was able to do around 3-6 points per hit. It did take forever, ended up using three Swallows, but the Golem never had a chance, just make sure to run away and regenerate if you get below half vitality.

Pylons is by far the easiest option, just make sure that the golem is the highest point near you and the lightning will hit it.It was a bit of an anticlimax really, all that work and storm-calling, then 10 seconds later its back to dust from whence it came...

You can kill him with pylons easy... or use strong style and just go at him, takes awhile but he rarely gets a hit off and if you back him up into a pylon he'll never even hit you. Easiest boss...

Top Bottom