[ACT III] A posh reception

+
[ACT III] A posh reception

Adda is bugged and everytime I try to talk to her she just twitches then nothing happens, I need to talk to her to finish the Posh Reception quest. I've restarted the game left the building then came back in but nothing will fix it. I do have the most recent patches. and meet the game requirments.

Okard said:
Adda is bugged and everytime I try to talk to her she just twitches then nothing happens, I need to talk to her to finish the Posh Reception quest. I've restarted the game left the building then came back in but nothing will fix it. I do have the most recent patches. and meet the game requirments.
You enter the partytalk to trisstalk to thalertalk to declantalk to adda->she wants that special dishtalk to Veleradtalk to thalertalk to Triss,to conjure up the food for addatalk to adda again?Have you done all this?

Reinstalling did not help btw, I tried with and without the patch.I loaded to before i ever even entered the party and did it in the exact order you told me to Olderbud.Talk To TrissTalk to ThalerTalk to DeclanThen when I try to talk to Adda she's still bugged.Hmm how can I explain this? it's like she's standing in two places theres the one I can see and click on and the other thats invis but I talk to... uhm like I click on her then her name moves over as if she was standing somewhere else and then my guy kinda bugs and acts like he needs to walk to get to her for a second, sometimes either my guy or Adda will even teleport a few feet in some random direction.

Okard said:
Reinstalling did not help btw, I tried with and without the patch.I loaded to before i ever even entered the party and did it in the exact order you told me to Olderbud.Talk To TrissTalk to ThalerTalk to DeclanThen when I try to talk to Adda she's still bugged.Hmm how can I explain this? it's like she's standing in two places theres the one I can see and click on and the other thats invis but I talk to... uhm like I click on her then her name moves over as if she was standing somewhere else and then my guy kinda bugs and acts like he needs to walk to get to her for a second, sometimes either my guy or Adda will even teleport a few feet in some random direction.
That's interesting how you describe that as I've been noticing a similar effect with drops lately, where a single drop will show 2 "remains" like one is a ghost image of the other, but separated enough so that they appear as 2 different things. Fortunately I haven't had that problem with npcs yet, but maybe it's related to how close npcs are to each other? When npcs are standing outside and it's raining, they'll clump together under roofs and it can sometimes be very hard to target the merchant to talk to because of this. I'll try to target them and think I have it, but it gets the person next to them instead. It's one of the weaknesses of this interface.

Here is what I've tried so far, Re-installing, trying with and without the most recent patch, Loading back to before I ever even entered the Inn and tried talking to people in different orders, trying to talk to Adda from any place possible 360 Degrees around her and Changing all my graphics options.Any ideas please do tell. I've put alot of hours into this game and am really enjoying it, I'de like to finish it :D

thelostdunmer said:
Bud I know you have saved games prior to this, if it doesn't pain you too much maybe you can retry your quest from Triss' house?
yeah worth a shot, I'll tell ya how it went in a few hours when i have time to play.

thelostdunmer said:
Bud I know you have saved games prior to this, if it doesn't pain you too much maybe you can retry your quest from Triss' house?
Yup that did it ;D !! yay!The Count De Wett guy wasn't there before, when you talk to her he has the first words in the cut scene so thats what the problem was.Anyways thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it!

Iv got the same promblem the thing is i dont have a save i went and did the side q's first and have only just come back to the main story line now im stuck =(

Its obvosly got to do with the char Roderick de Wett not being there i must of did somthing in the past that has now stoped him showing up to the party, any ideas on how to fix this other then restarting teh whole game woudl be much appreshiated

Hey all, this might have been answered but, i dont seem to be able to finsh this quest, and that means that there are some other quest that i cant finishi have been to this party 8-9 times and talk to everyone there, the pepeol there that have names is: triss merigold, declan leuvaarden, adda, count de wett, erkyn blunt and Velerad, i have talk to them at least twiss each time there.Now some Npc talk about a cheating dwarf, i think, but there is no dwarf there.what am i missing?????

No, Geralt refused to have sex with her in my game (she's an annoying, manipulative, little cow). In that way, he got a bit of information (doubt it means much, though, all things considered) and then Triss came in to talk to him. If you get Geralt to sleep with Adda, though, she doesn't tell you anything. Both are different ways of finishing that stage of the quest.

You can still continue when Geralt had no sex with Adda. Grossly negligent he mentioned to Adda that he is in accompany with Triss (I tried to take an other dialogue option) and all of sudden she got bitchy, left the banquet and didn't give Geralt a chance to talk to her again ::)Did you talk to Velerad and Thaler?

Yes Thaler is at the party, you need to talk to him. Use left Alt key it will show the names of everyone in the room that way you should be able to find him.

Thaler reveals you that he's secret service undercover for her Majesty :eek: and... I don't remenber exactly what... but he plays a role in the fave dish "quest" for Adda.

Top Bottom