Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do remember you in RDR2, NPCs that you have saved their lives or helped them will often offer you a reward if they find you in a later encounter. If you go to a saloon and start a fight, the saloon will later close for repairs and bartender will make remarks about your actions.

The town sheriff will remember you, if you commit mischiefs and towns folks will tell you off. Any more questions? Cyberpunk 77 may only wish to have the same kind of immersion that RDR2 has.

I guess this is reaction on me. Ok..

- "NPCs that you have saved their lives" - Cool, in the city where is 50x more poeple it's not very possible to met same person twice especially when you drive in a car most of the time. You can save random NPCs lives, it's sheriff badge on the minimap - random encounters. That person will thank you

- "If you go to a saloon and start a fight, the saloon will later close for repairs" - Similar thing is in Cyberpunk, just not in saloons or bars or whatever (video), so yeah, bartender will not remember you

- "The town sheriff will remember you" - not possible in Night City

- "if you commit mischiefs and towns folks will tell you off" - There is (in RDR2) crime system where there is bounty on your head in specific zones on the map and you can pay for to be "clear". That's cool, I like it. Nothing like this is not in the Cyberpunk, and probably not possible.

But I understand, this type of things you want in the interactive game, that's cool. It's more immersive and Red Dead Redemption 2 is doing very good job. And yes, actually I have one more question, is in game choices like dialogue options part of interactive game for you? Because for me it is.

I hoped there was a chance to get a better game, I hoped they would try to correct at least a little bit not only bugs but the things that are missing so much to this game... I had the hope than during the year the game could become closer to what I expected when I bought it. Now I don't. This answer on twitter make the things quite clear to me: in their mind the problems are the bugs, mainly on console, and that's all. And that's all that will be corrected to improve it.

So well... I will stop to try to find something interesting to do while I walk through beautiful empty streets of Night City full of empty NPCs and finally finish the main story, then I will just forget about it and it will be hard to trust CDPR when they will say how amazing their next game will be.

I guess this is reaction on me. Ok..

- "NPCs that you have saved their lives" - Cool, in the city where is 50x more poeple it's not very possible to met same person twice especially when you drive in a car most of the time. You can save random NPCs lives, it's sheriff badge on the minimap - random encounters. That person will thank you

- "If you go to a saloon and start a fight, the saloon will later close for repairs" - Similar thing is in Cyberpunk, just not in saloons or bars or whatever (video), so yeah, bartender will not remember you

- "The town sheriff will remember you" - not possible in Night City

- "if you commit mischiefs and towns folks will tell you off" - There is (in RDR2) crime system where there is bounty on your head in specific zones on the map and you can pay for to be "clear". That's cool, I like it. Nothing like this is not in the Cyberpunk, and probably not possible.

But I understand, this type of things you want in the interactive game, that's cool. It's more immersive and Red Dead Redemption 2 is doing very good job. And yes, actually I have one more question, is in game choices like dialogue options part of interactive game for you? Because for me it is.

There is no branching dialog in CP77, just two answers max that will trigger the same outcome. The NPCs will mumble just one phrase back to you. And no everything is possible from a programming standpoint, from a working bounty system; to police, pedestrians and traffic having proper pathfinding routines.

Last edited:
That means you can interact with the world. You can buy most things you see on rdr2, you can talk to people, yeah, although not something groundbreaking, it's still much better than cyberpunk one liners. You feel like a part of the world, where you can actually do most stuff npcs are doing. And million of other things.
I didn't like rdr2 cuz the game felt dull on the story and mission part. I liked Witcher a lot more. Because it had clear amazing side quests. Interesting decisions. When it came to cyberpunk I wasn't overly happy with them actually comparing it to rdr2. But it took the worst things from both Witcher 3 and rdr2. You have world that feels lifeless (that might have been sometimes the case with Witcher), but where it could take the interesting quests, it went with rdr2 streamline. There are no choices. So in the end we got noninteractive open world with quests that are often just incredibly dull in my opinion.
And by the way. The number of locked doors and locked out part of Pacifica begs to differ how open the world actually is. So what did we get in the end? Division with much worse gunplay?

Well, in RDR2 you CAN'T buy most of things you see, that's not true, you have some consumables, clothes, horses and guns. Not even houses, you can only upgrade your outpost, but that's system which is in some cases necessary to continue in main story. You can compare it to cyberwere (you have to do it at some point and you have benefits from it).

You can talk to people, like really talk, where Arthur is talking and they will answer you few different lines. In Cyberpunk, V is not talking and they will answer to you few different lines. BUT in Cyberpunk you can go to fixer (he doesn't need to be part of story) and ask him questions, you can go to shop and ask vendor few questions and he will answer to you and other people on the map. Not random NPC on the streets, true.

"you can actually do most stuff npcs are doing" Most, maybe. Because unlike in Cyberpunk people in the RDR2 have their daily routines, it means they are going to work etc. You can't go to work and build a house, go to the plantation and herb something etc. You can do only things, which are part of "open world activities".

About number of locked doors it's same like if there isn't option, well "Press E" -> "Locked" is weird. No idea why is it like this, but expecting to have every door open is naive and it's pointless at least imho.

There is no branching dialog in CP77, just two answers max that will trigger the same outcome. The NPCs will mumble just one phrase back to you. And no everything is possible from a programming standpoint, from a working bounty system; to police, pedestrians and traffic having proper pathfinding routines.

Some of main and side quests have their dialogue tree. Yeah, I expected more, but you can't say it's not there. And for someone who is not reading forums and play the game only on one playthrough I'm sure he doesn't know if there is different outcome or not. He can still think his choices affect dialogue. It's not very good for multiple playthroughs and you can be not satisfied.

And what the f is "everything is possible from a programming standpoint" mean? I'm was talking about how Sheriff remember you. That's just not possible in city with 6,5mil people, not from programming standpoint. Or do you think if you live in the city like Los Angeles and you get ticket for speeding that officer will remember you after a month? No.

"to police, pedestrians and traffic having proper pathfinding routines." This is something they have to fix and improve. That's true. It's shame we can see in the game like this pathing from 90's and wanted system like never before.

Well, in RDR2 you CAN'T buy most of things you see, that's not true, you have some consumables, clothes, horses and guns. Not even houses, you can only upgrade your outpost, but that's system which is in some cases necessary to continue in main story. You can compare it to cyberwere (you have to do it at some point and you have benefits from it).

You can talk to people, like really talk, where Arthur is talking and they will answer you few different lines. In Cyberpunk, V is not talking and they will answer to you few different lines. BUT in Cyberpunk you can go to fixer (he doesn't need to be part of story) and ask him questions, you can go to shop and ask vendor few questions and he will answer to you and other people on the map. Not random NPC on the streets, true.

"you can actually do most stuff npcs are doing" Most, maybe. Because unlike in Cyberpunk people in the RDR2 have their daily routines, it means they are going to work etc. You can't go to work and build a house, go to the plantation and herb something etc. You can do only things, which are part of "open world activities".

About number of locked doors it's same like if there isn't option, well "Press E" -> "Locked" is weird. No idea why is it like this, but expecting to have every door open is naive and it's pointless at least imho.

Some of main and side quests have their dialogue tree. Yeah, I expected more, but you can't say it's not there. And for someone who is not reading forums and play the game only on one playthrough I'm sure he doesn't know if there is different outcome or not. He can still think his choices affect dialogue. It's not very good for multiple playthroughs and you can be not satisfied.

And what the f is "everything is possible from a programming standpoint" mean? I'm was talking about how Sheriff remember you. That's just not possible in city with 6,5mil people, not from programming standpoint. Or do you think if you live in the city like Los Angeles and you get ticket for speeding that officer will remember you after a month? No.

"to police, pedestrians and traffic having proper pathfinding routines." This is something they have to fix and improve. That's true. It's shame we can see in the game like this pathing from 90's and wanted system like never before.

Obviously there are no 6.5 million people in the city. All the data you get about individual NPCs data is randomly generated from a pool of names and other information.

You certainly CAN persist the information for a long time in something called a database or in most rudimentary form in a simple CSV/binary file and it can have a timespan of months or years as long the data doesn't get deleted from your PC or is stored in the cloud.

I understand that your knowledge about programming is limited, but as a professional who has been doing this for fifteen years, believe me when I say it can be.

Most are still in denial.

Yes but who are in denial? that is a subjective opinion as well

I believe its the one complaining about "software broken it won't un on my pc" " not a rpg" " false advertising" " lied" and then keep posting you tube videos feeding on all the hate for clicks and views and stuck on all the media form 2018 - December 2020 when everything up to December 10th was subject to change

In my view They are the ones in denial refuse to believe the game is NOT as bad as some say. Ad summarily dismiss all the good ratings the "pc" version has received.

The game has as much RPG value as Mass Effect series, Dragon age series , Shadow run series , and the Witcher Series

Also this.

These kinds of discussions are just so sad at this point. CDPR isn't going to listen, ever, because the vast majority of people are happy with the game. It would take refunds on a massive scale in order to break their delusion.

isnt this already like 2-3 times postet here?
did it realy need another topic

totally agree I posted this in another thread with the source quote ( too the source quote out here because it was redundant) .

OHH 100% agree with this.

It was open devolvement process. Even if they started with 100 features and only 40 made it to release on December 10 .

That is still the "finished game"

In my mind there is no "missing content" or "false advertising" there is just "ideas" that did not make it to the final cut .

People simply believe what they saw would be in the game . That's not the fault of the developers it on with people expectations without understanding of the open deveopment prosses and did not understand the game may not or included all the features and information that was shown.

pre-orders are a risk buying a game on day one is a risk. As everything is subject to change until release. If people bought in either case in my view that is not the fault of any developer's if they were disappointed.

This seems to validate the view I have been expressing above, stated form Dev
Adam Badowski

Last edited:
Obviously there are no 6.5 million people in the city. All the data you get about individual NPCs data is randomly generated from a pool of names and other information.

You certainly CAN persist the information for a long time in something called a database or in most rudimentary form in a simple CSV/binary file and it can have a timespan of months or years as long the data doesn't get deleted from your PC or is stored in the cloud.

I understand that your knowledge about programming is limited, but as a professional who has been doing this for fifteen years, believe me when I say it can be.

If you want immersion, you can't just have random police officer to know who you are after some time in the city where "is 6,5mil people". That was example, I already told you it has nothing to do with "everything is possible from a programming standpoint". I know shit about programming, but *again*... it has nothing to do with it.

If you want immersion, you can't just have random police officer to know who you are after some time in the city where "is 6,5mil people". That was example, I already told you it has nothing to do with "everything is possible from a programming standpoint". I know shit about programming, but *again*... it has nothing to do with it.

Well atleast have a police system that works would have been nice instead of them just spawning right behind you.

Also there is not a single police chase outside of scripted missions which happens (checks notes) ONCE.

That system and the way some game mechanics are handled in this game seems to prove Schreiers article right that many features were implemented last minute to be able to release the game on december 10th.

Some of these game mechanics are truly aweful and Night City feels static and dead.

I play on PC and this entire game just screams unfinished
Post automatically merged:

I just wanted a solid RPG, I don't care if it was revolutionary or not (more like I didn't believe it either) as long as I could sink hours and hours trying out different paths, choices, discovering more of side characters and such. What I got was a buggy linear mess with an illusion of choice that goes against branching narrative. And now Adam trying to save face isn't encouraging to think that game can be salvageable...

Yep completely agree and honestly Adam may have made the situation worse with his statements.

Because he refused to deal with some legitimate critisism and instead ignored what a lot of players are saying specifically about the issues you mentioned.

Man this Game REALLY Cutting the CDPR Community in Half lol

Honestly, A lot of it stems from CDPR's own Words. A poor Excuse is always "The Media Over Hyped It" and of course the whole "You Overly Hyped yourself". That's one hell of a Lazy Excuse to go Against peoples Criticism for the game. Just because your Standards are So low doesn't mean the Product you got is That Amazing. Not Everyone got THAT Hyped for the game. No One Set those Standards and Expectations for CDPR. They did it Themselves, no one had to do it for them. You don't go around Bragging and Boasting that "This Game is going to Break Genres" and so on only to Under Deliver. Their Not EA, Ubisoft, hell even Bethesda. (But now, at this point. Their Grouped with them now.) Their CDPR. Normally, you take their Words for it. Hell they KEPT Saying this game will be Better that The Witcher and so on. Practice What You Preach.
Honestly, a lot of CDPR talks on everything is all Double Speak. TECHNICLY their not Wrong, everything they Shown is TECHNICLY in the game. So TECHNICLY they didn't Lie about Anything. I mean, other than the Console BS. the only thing they have going against them is a lot of the Interviews, Conferences and Shows. Bragging and everything.
IMHO, the game is a Major Disappointment. And how CDPR is handling it, their going to Run it to the Ground if their not Careful, probably why they aren't responding to anything involving the game that isn't Consoles.
CP2077 is a Mediocre Game at Best.
There's nothing there that Really Blows me away other than it's Name. Cyberpunk 2077.
Though to those who can Play the game and Have a Blast With It, Awesome. Jealous of you. Totes Jelly. It's not my Place nor anyone else to tell other's how to Play and Enjoy the Game.

Hell, EVEN I was Skeptical on their Talks about how Crazy their game was going to be. Like Each NPC, Individually Coded and Designed with their own Day to Day things, Yae the Fuck Right.

Although I find the environments designs really well crafted and that they show how super talented the dev team is, I think the game can do much better. It's all a matter of implementations over these already laid tracks.

FWIW, at least the bugs problem touched on the importance of QA teams and how strangely and insanely their hard work is disregarded in the industry in general.

Yep completely agree and honestly Adam may have made the situation worse with his statements.

Because he refused to deal with some legitimate critisism and instead ignored what a lot of players are saying specifically about the issues you mentioned.

I disagree and again what some may consider " valid" others may not.

I praise Adam for standing up and reminding everyone that they are " mistaken" in regards to some of the claims that have been made.

Last edited:
I don't know who to believe honestly, with all the marketing misdirection, who knows who is telling the truth?

Well atleast have a police system that works would have been nice instead of them just spawning right behind you.

Also there is not a single police chase outside of scripted missions which happens (checks notes) ONCE.

That system and the way some game mechanics are handled in this game seems to prove Schreiers article right that many features were implemented last minute to be able to release the game on december 10th.

Some of these game mechanics are truly aweful and Night City feels static and dead.

I play on PC and this entire game just screams unfinished

Well Kerry's mission where is NCPD car chase is not scripted, but it's bugged like everything in the game. I'm not saying state of the game is perfect, haha it's not, or defend the game like diehard. I just want to defend the game against weak arguments like "well you can see very high detailed horse balls in RDR2 and in Cyberpunk you can't, so RDR2 is superior and Rockstar even with their dirty pay to win tactics in Online is best studio ever". I already posted multiple threads on this forum like This need to be changed/fixed/added, or Night City map is not complete and more about story which are irrelevant in this discussion.

Game is far from perfect and clearly it's not finished, but it's not end of the world and in the last months I can see for some chooms here, it is. They f up, yes. Lawsuit is bad idea and we shouldn't celebrate it and saying devs/managment is lying will nothing change because we don't know, only they know.

Just give them feedback based on real problems they can change or fix, not whining how they lied to us and how they scrapped half of the game. Because if you think it was like that, it doesn't mean you are right. Everything was subject to change and as I posted above, both missions from June 2019 (18 months) gameplay can be played exactly same just without some "minor" features. No biggie.

I think you could say that he is not lying when he says that the final game is played better than the demo, since it was possibly never playable, just a cinematic in real time.

I don't think it was playable at all because Cherami Leigh (voice of female V) once said on a video that when they announced that KR was going to be in the game during E3 she had only worked on the demo and wasn't even sure she would be working on the main game.

That tells me there was no game besides the demo. But who knows.

I don't think it was playable at all because Cherami Leigh (voice of female V) once said on a video that when they announced that KR was going to be in the game during E3 she had only worked on the demo and wasn't even sure she would be working on the main game.

That tells me there was no game besides the demo. But who knows.

From what I understand about VO, that is not for certain. They might have brought in the actress to do specific VO for areas that they knew the demo would be covering. All of the rest of the VO audio might have been placeholders, if it was even there. VO probably came much later, after the scripts were final. At that time, they would decide if the same actress would be used for the final VO work.

So, not playable as a final game, true. They had not done the final VO yet. Beyond that, it is impossible to say what was working and what was not at the time of the demo.

It's a good game that could have been great.
It's not an real RPG, it has "some" RPG influences.
It's missing world interactions and random event.
It's missing NPC interactions.
It's missing a companion system.

I loved the game at first but after playing it for about 300 hours i'm just liking the game at this point, games like TES series i still love and play due to there world interactions and and companion system and those games i have played for years witch i don't think i ever will be playing CP2077 if they don't implement above features.

From what I understand about VO, that is not for certain. They might have brought in the actress to do specific VO for areas that they knew the demo would be covering. All of the rest of the VO audio might have been placeholders, if it was even there. VO probably came much later, after the scripts were final. At that time, they would decide if the same actress would be used for the final VO work.

So, not playable as a final game, true. They had not done the final VO yet. Beyond that, it is impossible to say what was working and what was not at the time of the demo.

Yep, certainly could be the case as I'm sure VA's part come at the very end. But it does seem to fit with the below statement from Jason Schreier's article.

"Fans and journalists were wowed by Cyberpunk 2077’s ambition and scale. What they didn’t know was that the demo was almost entirely fake. CD Projekt hadn’t yet finalized and coded the underlying gameplay systems, which is why so many features, such as car ambushes, were missing from the final product. Developers said they felt like the demo was a waste of months that should have gone toward making the game."

Here's her video for interest:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom