• A filter for factions you wish to play against

• The option to accept or reject the match-up

• Neither

• Both

• A filter added only to Casual Mode

• Add a filter for factions but lesson the rewards gained

• Add a filter to casual mode but lesson the rewards gained

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's not very different at all since on the ladder you need to play 4 factions for a decent MMR. Like mentioned in the thread, most of us are not talking about a choice of who you queue into, but simply just the ban of a faction like in the tournaments. If the faction you choose to ban is a counter to your deck(s) it's not any more imbalanced than what they do in tournaments. It's absurd to me that that somehow it would be balance to do it in a tournament but imbalance for the average player.

CDPR can do what they want but personally I uninstalled the game yesterday, and not gonna bother with it until NG assimilate falls out of the meta or something like this is implemented.
In fact, banning a faction or leader ability on ladder would actually be less restrictive than banning in tournaments, because you wouldn't be banning specific deck lists. Not to mention how the whole argument about banning the counters is completely backwards, because that's EXACTLY what tournament banning does - you ban the deck you are the least prepared for, while on ladder leader abilities or factions aren't actually "counters" to anything.

I played gwent 23 times today. I played NG deck 20 of those times. how the f_ck is there no ban option to this game. As previously stated, playing against the same deck over and over again is zero fun and I'm not trying to be an unimaginative piggy back player. It'd be so easy to make the same exact deck but i'd feel like a chump having to play against other factions because of how bogus these cards are. If it wasn't for my asperger's and the need to do something repeatedly throughout the day I would be done with this sh_t game many moons ago. Anyone reading this have any other suggestions of games to play that are better made than is bs?
Post automatically merged:

Why not just leave the matchup you dont enjoy?
it counts as loses against you and the player with the bs copy paste deck gets the cheap win

Last edited:
I played gwent 23 times today. I played NG deck 20 of those times. how the f_ck is there no ban option to this game. As previously stated, playing against the same deck over and over again is zero fun and I'm not trying to be an unimaginative piggy back player. It'd be so easy to make the same exact deck but i'd feel like a chump having to play against other factions because of how bogus these cards are. If it wasn't for my asperger's and the need to do something repeatedly throughout the day I would be done with this sh_t game many moons ago. Anyone reading this have any other suggestions of games to play that are better made than is bs?

it counts as loses against you and the player with the bs copy paste deck gets the cheap win

I am all for adding game rejection button, but I tottaly don't understand Your problem: if You encounter assimilate NG 90% times, why You don't just create deck that is effectively countering them? You could win 80% of times (except 10% games with very bad draw or bad luck) Winning is not boaring, it is reason to have fun from the game (and - is the opposite - loosing is root of frustration about game)

I am all for adding game rejection button, but I tottaly don't understand Your problem: if You encounter assimilate NG 90% times, why You don't just create deck that is effectively countering them? You could win 80% of times (except 10% games with very bad draw or bad luck) Winning is not boaring, it is reason to have fun from the game (and - is the opposite - loosing is root of frustration about game)
i have a Scoia'tael deck that I beat them with, my deck is suited to beat the NG deck in particular, but you are wrong, winning does get boring when one has to play against the same faction with the same cards continuously. its boring as hell playing against the same deck doing the same counters, and even if that was true, what is the point of this game having six factions when it only has you playing one 90% of the time? How does that math work out? what kind of sh_t algorithm does this game have for it to continuously have you play just one faction? It goes back to a previous analogy I used earlier - no one would want to play Mario if there was only one level in which one jumps on a Goombaa, hits a brick to grab a mushroom then hop on a flag pole and repeat over and over again. Even though you beat the level all the time it's the only level there is, and you know exactly when to jump on the Goombaa, you know exactly what brick to hit for your mushroom, eventually there's no fun in it. That's the whole point of games, having multiple and different levels to them. Because playing the same level over and over again, even when winning all the time, does in fact, get incredibly boring.

i have a Scoia'tael deck that I beat them with, my deck is suited to beat the NG deck in particular, but you are wrong, winning does get boring when one has to play against the same faction with the same cards continuously. its boring as hell playing against the same deck doing the same counters, and even if that was true, what is the point of this game having six factions when it only has you playing one 90% of the time? How does that math work out? what kind of sh_t algorithm does this game have for it to continuously have you play just one faction? It goes back to a previous analogy I used earlier - no one would want to play Mario if there was only one level in which one jumps on a Goombaa, hits a brick to grab a mushroom then hop on a flag pole and repeat over and over again. Even though you beat the level all the time it's the only level there is, and you know exactly when to jump on the Goombaa, you know exactly what brick to hit for your mushroom, eventually there's no fun in it. That's the whole point of games, having multiple and different levels to them. Because playing the same level over and over again, even when winning all the time, does in fact, get incredibly boring.

Tell that to milions of chess players around the world who are playing with ( and against ) the same 16 fugures all over and all over again for tousands of years. Or to millions of poker players worldwide that are playing with the same set of 52 cards all the time. Have You seen how popular chess and poker are in compare to gwent?

My point is, that in games where You play single player campagins (like witcher 3 or many others) the diversity is very important: new items, new areas to Explore, new monster to slay, new puzzles to solve, and that is what kept You playing and is a root of Joy from the game: diversity, and more and more of it.
But in the games where You face in one on one "life or death" combat another real intelligent opponent, not AI, the real source of Joy is when You are able to beat him with Your flair, sharpness of mind, Intelligence, creativity, and out-of-the-box thinking. And in the reverse, if You loose with another player, its often source of frustration, because subconsiously You feel that that guy or gal, or maybe just a 10-yo kid with iPhone it its hand, was smarter and more cleaver than You and he ruthlessly exploits all Your weaknesses and mercilessly beat You to the death in the game. And that is why chess or cards are so popular games - because not the diversity of cards is important, but your ability or inability to use it better and smarter than person on the other side of the table or screen. And that is a FACT, what mentioned above millions of active players of - amoung many others- chess or poker ( games that didn't change a bit for hundrads of years ) all over the world prove. Of course You can have your OPINION that diversity if most important thing in card games and let's leave it as it is than because it waste of time to discuss it further. But Your OPINION don't change mentioned above FACT at all

In conclusuon: reject opponent button or filter of opponents is necessary. But no to eliminate often encountered factions to make game " more diversified and less boring" , but to make up for poor gwent devs team ability to balance the game and geave players option to just eliminate from metchups unfairly strongly designed factions or leader abilities, regardless of their popularity in current meta.

Last edited:
Tell that to milions of chess players around the world who are playing with ( and against ) the same 16 fugures all over and all over again for tousands of years. Or to millions of poker players worldwide that are playing with the same set of 52 cards all the time. Have You seen how popular chess and poker are in compare to gwent?

My point is, that in games where You play single player campagins (like witcher 3 or many others) the diversity is very important: new items, new areas to Explore, new monster to slay, new puzzles to solve, and that is what kept You playing and is a root of Joy from the game: diversity, and more and more of it.
But in the games where You face in one on one "life or death" combat another real intelligent opponent, not AI, the real source of Joy is when You are able to beat him with Your flair, sharpness of mind, Intelligence, creativity, and out-of-the-box thinking. And in the reverse, if You loose with another player, its often source of frustration, because subconsiously You feel that that guy or gal, or maybe just a 10-yo kid with iPhone it its hand, was smarter and more cleaver than You and he ruthlessly exploits all Your weaknesses and mercilessly beat You to the death in the game. And that is why chess or cards are so popular games - because not the diversity of cards is important, but your ability or inability to use it better and smarter than person on the other side of the table or screen. And that is a FACT, what mentioned above millions of active players of - amoung many others- chess or poker ( games that didn't change a bit for hundrads of years ) all over the world prove. Of course You can have your OPINION that diversity if most important thing in card games and let's leave it as it is than because it waste of time to discuss it further. But Your OPINION don't change mentioned above FACT at all

In conclusuon: reject opponent button or filter of opponents is necessary. But no to eliminate often encountered factions to make game " more diversified and less boring" , but to make up for poor gwent devs team ability to balance the game and geave players option to just eliminate from metchups unfairly strongly designed factions or leader abilities, regardless of their popularity in current meta.
bad comparison, actually terrible comparison. In chess there are only two options to play with so when one goes into playing a game of chess one knows what they are getting into. When one plays a game that totes 6 different factions with an opportunity to create multiple variations to each faction, but then only plays the same one continuously it falls more into the analogy of a single level video game, you know that this game could be fun if there were more levels to it. I will agree with you that it is enjoyable to outsmart other individuals, but when one plays the same deck with the same cards it starts to feel like one is playing against an AI. This game is turning out to be like when one would get a sample game, say Spiral the dragon, in the sample games one gets to play the first level only, thinking how cool it'd be to get to play the full game but after the 20th time blowing fire at the same sheep, one stops playing that game out of boredom and pops in a full version of a game they own instead. It's nice that you're trying to stick up for this game, but I don't believe your point is made, at least not for me. Also, how hard is it to exploit weaknesses when one uses the over stacked NG deck. Using that deck and having to play against it would be like if you were playing your favorite poker game and having your opponent always starting out with 3 aces. I'm sure you would start questioning how this continues to happen and that you'd probably eventually pack your cards up and move on to something different. Lastly your point about chess and poker not changing for years also doesn't fit well with comparing to this game, as Gwent seems to change or be added or modified (usually not for the better) every other month. P.S. you were also trying to compare a card game that only has 52 cards that all playing have the opportunity to play with compared to a game that has 6 different factions with 1,077 different unique cards, then only playing against the same 15 cards. You aren't playing the full game. If a pro chess player played against someone and that person never moved any of their pawns, that pro chess player would flip the table because the other player is turning their game into a joke.

i reread this message a few times and am having a hard time with understanding your "FACT" and how that "FACT" also isn't just an OPINION..... but that's just my factual opinion...

Unless, of course your "FACT" was people have played chess and poker longer than people have been playing Gwent. Then of course I'd have to agree with that "FACT" if I'm not correct with that assumption, then I believe you might have to edit your fact also to opinion.

Last edited:
Also, how hard is it to exploit weaknesses when one uses the over stacked NG deck.

I don't know why You think that NG is so strong - I've played many times that season against NG with my NR Draug deck and 80% of times I won. For me Skellige is a problem, not NG - and a first pick to ban if there will be that possibility

I don't know why You think that NG is so strong - I've played many times that season against NG with my NR Draug deck and 80% of times I won. For me Skellige is a problem, not NG - and a first pick to ban if there will be that possibility
It isn't about how hard they are it's the fact that there's 6 factions and the game has me playing against the same faction with the same cards. I want to play other factions not just a repeat of the same deck I played 20 times already.

alright another reason why this game is so terribly made. As mentioned in pervious post, THERE IS NO FUN IN PLAYING THE SAME DECK OVER AND OVER AGAIN. NG got so boring to use because the wins felt cheaply earned because it's the easiest deck with the most over powered cards. I started using other factions and while playing this game one would think one would also play against more than one faction (NG). Turns out like many others who played this game using other factions they like myself played NG over 75% of the time. Like these other players I can understand the frustration of wanting to play the game of Gwent, but the full version of game (playing all the factions not just NG all day) And like the other players I was also stuck playing just against NG. I mentioned one day playing 23 times and playing NG 21 of those. I figured I would be a dirt bag and make the same NG decks that EVERYONE uses in hopes to just mirror play against other NG decks basically to just be annoying to the NG players since they think their decks are skillful. To my surprise while using the NG deck and expecting to follow the same patter while playing different faction cards I'd see ungodly runs of NG after NG decks. I played ten games to just check that theory out, and out of those ten games using the NG deck I played against every faction, literally every faction besides NG. So while there are those of use that would like to use different factions and play against other factions, the players who use these other factions seems to always be stuck playing mostly NG, while those who play the NG deck for the cheap wins are able to consistently play against all other factions. How is that possible? I don't see how making that part of the game or algorithm for the system to choose opponents isn't broken. This is taking away from the over game play of Gwent. Those of you who play other decks and are stuck always playing against NG, would you mind trying the same test and make a NG deck and see if you are able to play against other decks way more that way or if you see the same percent of NG battles as before.

Introducing a blacklist system isn't solving the problem, it's avoiding it. Instead, I rather see the issue being addressed at its roots. Regardless, not all games are about fun or, at least, not all the time. If you really want a sense of accomplishment then you probably have to go through some frustrating experience first. Some achievements are even made this way and are only meant for the die-hard fans. I don't think anyone truly want to be frustrated, but many will pay that price nonetheless to get something they want.
Well I've ben playing for about 45-60days. and pretty much thru out the ladder, and pro ladder so fare have ben 70% nilfgaard opponents. All of which basically plays the same built kinda takes out the fun of the game. And as fare as I have read, this have ben a ongoing problem for years.

The faction is very OP, and basically doesn't require any thought or skill to play. I'm not saying they should add a block faction or a accept/decline option, but something have to be done. The best would be to give the 5 other factions more counter options against nilfgaard. Or give the faction a well deserved nerf. Both options could balance the game without fucking up the matchmaking system

Top Bottom