After expansions- to continue with our V and chosen romance for future sequel/s Poll

+

Upcoming expansions left open in the end to continue our V's and RO story for future sequel/s?

• Hell yes! Our V and RO story cant be over after just one game, we need more!

• Nah, I'm done with that story. Lets start a new one.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I dunno, you could do four openings to the same mission and find a way to make it work.
Yeah, if you want to make post ending expansion, it seems this is the most feasible option.
I made This Post with my take on that question. They would be DLC to this game with primarily post ending stuff, as @Willowhugger said it so aptly: the Broken Steel edition.
Interesting take, but I think they would want to make a DLC that everyone can play no matter which ending they picked. As far as I want to see lots of different paths in RPGs, I always pick the same route when I play them because I put myself behalf of the main character. So poeple like me wouldn't be really satisfied with that option.
Personally, I'd love to see V again in the sequel(s) but I don't think it'll happen. Closure doesn't mean death, though. V could simply find a solution to their problem and choose to take it easy, or quit whatever they're doing altogether and just live quietly because they've been through enough pain and misery to last a lifetime.
Yeah, death is not necessary but they would need a good answer for how he cured himself. I guess in this regard, killing him would be an easy option. He also would become a legend.

If they don't make V the main character in the sequal, they can mention him in the game. We could import our save and the world state would be changed. Just like how Dragon Age series did. You always different character in each game, but your choices still matters.
...can you be sure Arasaka is telling the truth?
Yeah, after I posted my message, I started to think about it. Because if you choose to go Earth, they want to hire you. So they might have cured you but not telling the truth or not even tried to do so.

But there is another reason for me not wanting to see V on sequal. If you ever played Mass Effect, (if you haven't just do it, it is amazing) there is a galactic problem that cannot be solved in one game. They even decided to make a trilogy before they start developing Mass Effect 1.

But it is not the case for V. He went through hell and I feel like it was enough for him. I just don't feel like I'd need him again. Of course you could make it work somehow but I think the best option would be an heartwarming post-ending closure expansion and another main character for the sequal. But that's my opinion of course. :)

Last edited:
I like V but have mixed feelings about the character's continuation.

V's character is one that could easily be overwhelming to Night City as it seems to act like you are a god killing badass by the end versus Geralt who never quite is more than a mid-tier power because the game world is built around the idea of you being not as powerful or as strong as the monsters or the archmages of the setting. The game seems to treat Night City as something you've gotten too big for and that's not great for future installments.

V is also not a particularly deep character with a massive collection of characters like a Bioware game we've deeply engaged with.

NEVERTHELESS, I'd prefer to have my character be V in future games rather than start with a new one because I think we're only touching on the tip of the iceberg for the character.

My feeling is the expansions/dlc will be midgame. Since the endings are varied in outcome it will be hard too continue the story without making one ending cannon and going from there unless they wanna spend the time too make a continuation for all endings.. Im guessing they will go the witcher 3 kinda way with hearths of stone. You can do it in act2 pretty much. Perhaps it will tie in too peralez or some other quest but dunno. Feels like alot of quests leaves the door open for continuation...

My feeling is the expansions/dlc will be midgame. Since the endings are varied in outcome it will be hard too continue the story without making one ending cannon and going from there unless they wanna spend the time too make a continuation for all endings.. Im guessing they will go the witcher 3 kinda way with hearths of stone. You can do it in act2 pretty much. Perhaps it will tie in too peralez or some other quest but dunno. Feels like alot of quests leaves the door open for continuation...

Probably.

Though I think it'd be a good idea to incentivize from a business standpoint that buying the DLC will provide alternative endings like V surviving or other crowd pleasing options.

I

V's character is one that could easily be overwhelming to Night City as it seems to act like you are a god killing badass by the end versus Geralt who never quite is more than a mid-tier power because the game world is built around the idea of you being not as powerful or as strong as the monsters or the archmages of the setting. The game seems to treat Night City as something you've gotten too big for and that's not great for future installments.
That is good point and one I haven't considered. On the other hand how awesome will it be if in the Devil ending it will be 'Don't cross Arasaka...they will send V!' instead of some elite squad to take care of them:)

I'd like a DLC with V but not Broken Steel style. Fortunately, Cyberpunk does not enter that category.

I meant, in F3, you die. It is stated in the epilogue. Then in BS, you didn't die, it's magic! Please no.

I'd like a DLC with V but not Broken Steel style. Fortunately, Cyberpunk does not enter that category.

I meant, in F3, you die. It is stated in the epilogue. Then in BS, you didn't die, it's magic! Please no.

I mean, the game is literally about technology that raises people from the dead.

Plus there's actually ways of reviving people from the dead in-universe. Alt Cunningham and Johnny are right there.

Alt Cunningham and Johnny are right there.
If you consider be "copied" as data on Mikoshi or on a ship, yes. But like Alt says, "All will be different, you should know Johnny..."
For Alt (said like this, that's sound really weird...), Alt is dead in Arasaka tower (2013), and she/it is no longer Alt (she/it simply use her engramatic datas).
In short, it's no longer you ;)
In addition, the technology for the V's Relic (prototype, knowed only by Saburo and maybe very few Arasaka's members) is not "public" and in majorities of endings, the Soulkiller and Mikoshi are destroyed... (and Saburo also still dead).

If you consider be "copied" as data on Mikoshi or on a ship, yes. But like Alt says, "All will be different, you should know Johnny..."
For Alt (said like this, that's sound really weird...), Alt is dead in Arasaka tower (2013), and she/it is no longer Alt (she/it simply use her engramatic datas).
In short, it's no longer you ;)
In addition, the technology for the V's Relic (prototype, knowed only by Saburo and maybe very few Arasaka's members) is not "public" and in majorities of endings, the Soulkiller and Mikoshi are destroyed... (and Saburo also still dead).

I think that's splitting hairs given that we play the digital V at the end of the game in both Mikoshi and the Epilogue. So it would be fine playing them as a continuation of V's adventures. Besides, the fact is that Cyberpunk 2020 is a game that incorporates mystical and religious themes even if some of the fans here are like, "WHO CARES ABOUT THE TAROT AND MISTY! Its not sci-fi!"

So it's very possible you are the actual soul of V and Johnny captured by science.

But the thing is that what you're describing above with the Chip, Arasaka, and Alt (who created soul killer) means that V *IS* the most likely person in the world to be resurrected with it.

But the thing is that what you're describing above with the Chip, Arasaka, and Alt (who created soul killer) means that V *IS* the most likely person in the world to be resurrected with it.
Like I said, if you consider V, still V after the endings, yes V could be "resurrected" ;)
If you listen Alt, it's not really V (so you resurrect something, but it's not V).
If you listen Saburo (what he think in fact), it's really V.
Everyone can interpret it as they want/think, no true answer in game :)
But the real problem is : In majority of endings (except Devil & the shortest), the technology is destroyed. So you could hardly use that for "resurrect" V :(

You could tie all endings together through a continuation of V's story.

What is needed is a common enemy-faction, even including Arasaka with the other factions. The Devil-ending would create a different origin than The Sun or The Star-endings. All 3 endings creates 3 different origin-points converging onto the same main-plot. There could even be three different reasons for V to get onto the main-plot as well. For Arasaka, it might be to pay off debt after getting a specifically cloned body designed for V. For the other two, the solo could be the 'easy' one as it's very flexible when you want to design the reason for V to be a part of the story at this point. It's a bit more difficult with the Aldecaldos-V, as he/she is typically not as well connected as solo-V or Arasaka-V.

Like I said, if you consider V, still V after the endings, yes V could be "resurrected" ;)
If you listen Alt, it's not really V (so you resurrect something, but it's not V).
If you listen Saburo (what he think in fact), it's really V.
Everyone can interpret it as they want/think, no true answer in game :)
But the real problem is : In majority of endings (except Devil & the shortest), the technology is destroyed. So you could hardly use that for "resurrect" V :(

Eh, we have the plans for it and Alt has Soulkiller. You also rescue the inventor.

Eh, we have the plans for it and Alt has Soulkiller. You also rescue the inventor.
Alt help V, only for destroy Mikoshi, after she try to save him/her for keep her word. But for me, that's all... After, I don't see Alt doing whatever "freely" for V (she does not report to anyone).
And for Hellman, yes but, my guess that he die in all ending except Devil (and maybe the shortest). Endings other than Devil : Hanako die, Goro die... I will be very surprised if Hellman manage to survive if you don't help Hanako. I think that Yorinobu make a "big cleanup" after Mikoshi destruction :)

Either way, there would be quite a way to "ressurect" V, if CDPR really wants it :)
Some simple ideas...
The Star: Despite all the research with Panam, no way to save V is found but when a connection to the net, Alt contacts V. Thanks to the destruction of Mikoshi and the data recovered, she was able to actually cross the wall black, take control of a "secret" building and artificially create an organic body for V (maybe a clone of V). In return, she needs V's help to end Arasaka, Yorinobu and Netwatch once and for all.
The Sun: Mr Blue eyes is actually an Alt's puppet and thanks to the heist of the Crystal Palace (money/datas/...), she can create a body for V, and the same goal as The Star.
The Devil: Alt remains a great threat, so when all hope of V's survival is lost, Hanako finishing by contact V to tell him that Arasaka has finally been able to successfully create a body for V and that in return, V must help Arasaka and Netwatch to end the Alt threat.

The end that gets stuck is the shortest. Alt still behind the black wall, Arasaka is even more powerful and V is well and truly dead...

Anyway, I don't see any of those characters (Alt/Hanako/Mr Blue eyes/whoever...) help V simply out of goodness of soul :D

One thing I do find weird is so many video games do think THE HERO DIES is the way to make the game have an epic ending.

Why is that?

Why do so many video game developers dislike the happy ending or at least riding off into the sunset.

....easy way to get rid of the character:D
No idea:)

One thing I do find weird is so many video games do think THE HERO DIES is the way to make the game have an epic ending.

Why is that?

Why do so many video game developers dislike the happy ending or at least riding off into the sunset.
For other games, I don't know... Maybe that's sound like too much as hollywood's movies.
"the good guy wins, the bad guy dies, the world is saved and they lived happily forever"

But in Cyberpunk, in this world in particular, there is no possible good ending (Like Johnny said to V...). In Night City, there is no place for the "dreamers" like V...
In all (or most) quests, there is generally a thing who turn bad :)
And to tell the truth :
I prefer an ending like this :
that like this:
But it's still a matter of taste :)

Last edited:
For other games, I don't know... Maybe that's sound like too much as hollywood's movies.
"the good guy wins, the bad guy dies, the world is saved and they lived happily forever"

But in Cyberpunk, in this world in particular, there is no possible good ending (Like Johnny said to V...). In Night City, there is no place for the "dreamers" like V...
In all (or most) quests, there is generally a thing who turn bad :)
And to tell the truth :
I prefer an ending like this :
that like this:
But it's still a matter of taste :)

Decker was the protagonist of Blade Runner, though. :)

Decker was the protagonist of Blade Runner, though. :)
Yep, but it's not a "happy" ending. It was to stay in the time, but it is more true in Blade Runner 2049 one ;)
Anyway, I understand why some people may have had enough, I was brought up with happy endings...

Sorry for this off-topic
But even Rockstar do it... honestly who remeber GTA5 ending ? nothing special at all. But RDR2, that was good (for me), even if you can play another character after, Arthur is truly dead.
a youtuber that I adore, you can feel the emotion :cry:

Last edited:
Top Bottom