AI Is Horrible

+
AI Is Horrible

Please fix the AI in this game. While I really want to like this game the AI is so bad that I would have to say it is broken. AI consistently fast travels, picks the wrong colored leads & "forgets" to use special abilities in battles. I bought this game when released & was just surprised that you could release this in such a sad state. Just so you know I have written reviews both on Steam & GOG.com letting potential customers know they shouldn't buy this product until this problem is addressed. Sorry, but as it stands, you released a shoddy game that had issues that should have been addressed BEFORE release. I no longer have trust in CD Projekt Red...........

You DO realize CD Projekt Red didn't actually develop this game, right? They published it, as can be seen on GOG.com, and the developer is a company called Can Explode.

The game is not CDPR's main focus of course, as they are busy with their actual game: The Witcher 3. This is more of a tie-in, casual game meant for a larger audience. If the computer can't play competently that may be a major drawback, but do know The Witcher Adventure Game is a digital version of a tabletop card game, and as such it is meant to be played against other people.

Perhaps CDPR should encourage whoever is responsible for maintaining this game to release an "AI" update, but no longer trusting CDPR is ridiculous in my opinion. That's just overreacting.

I'm wondering if they broke AI in some of the updates? I bought the game as it came out and I lost first few games very quickly (partly because I didn't know what I was supposed to do). Once I got more familiar with gameplay, it was still a race to finish first, especially against Triss. But now I really don't remember the last time AI finished a quest.

Is there a way to communicate this to developers? Report it as a bug? I see that every now and then a game gets updated, so I hope they're still working on it...

I've just noticed an update to adventure game on steam, so I tried playing against AI (3 quests limit) and I lost! Also, I noticed a really nice option to speed up AI movement. Thanks to devs for still updating the game (better late than never ;) )!

Top Bottom