And this is what happens when EA comes near great studios...

+
At this point it's probably a favor, like if The Simpsons were finally canceled. In both cases they should have let them die with dignity.

Edit: and in both cases they have only been embarrassing themselves for years.

As much as I wished that cesspool to be expunged, I never thought they would be so foolish to actually do it (thanks Gaunter O'dimm), sure, it was a toxic forum, but dedicated forums are the only place you would find constructive feedback for your products which I am sure that the new Bioware (judging by the ME3 ending fiasco that I personally did not witness) had no wish to actually own up to in a way that would benefit them in their skills at making videogames and their fans.

If more videogame developers actually think that "social media" would be a better alternative than having no dedicated forums at all for feedback, then they are in for one hell of a surprise, this decision screams madness to me and that Andromeda will be not be a good product so they are trying to limit the amount of "feedback" they are going to get.

What little faith I had in the new Bioware was gone when this decision was made.

EA had likely nothing to do with it, like most things, it's BioWare "fault", if you consider the BSN to be a loss.
There's already good fan forums made after the announcement, and I can already tell some of those will be better than the original BSN.

The BSN forums were an awful place anyway.

I liked it! I have/had many friends there and we discussed many games and stuff. We even had a CDPR's TW2 writer visiting and posting there in our TW2 thread. We had an awesome off-topic forum, which was the first to go, of course. Now the games forums are gone? They are INSANE, aw well, I keep forgetting, they are EA.

I liked it! I have/had many friends there and we discussed many games and stuff. We even had a CDPR's TW2 writer visiting and posting there in our TW2 thread. We had an awesome off-topic forum, which was the first to go, of course. Now the games forums are gone? They are INSANE, aw well, I keep forgetting, they are EA.

The writers for BioWare are on Twitter now anyway, and often answer questions/contribute to discussions. Additionally you have the subreddits for the different BioWare games, and the subreddits in particular have a far more pleasant and friendly atmosphere than the BSN forums had, in my opinion.

The BSN forums were an awful place anyway.

Not recently. It's easy to ignore the baiting and whatnot, and it was one of the first forums I joined where fans talked passionately about games. But it seems Bioware can only focus on the negative, and the dev's feelings are so fragile they need to scurry to social media platforms that will censor in their favor. Honest feedback? You can forget that now. It'll all be lumped in with 'muh harassment!'

Last edited:
Not recently. It's easy to ignore the baiting and whatnot, and it was one of the first forums I joined where fans talked passionately about games. But it seems Bioware can only focus on the negative, and the dev's feelings are so fragile they need to scurry to social media platforms that will censor in their favor. Honest feedback? You can forget that now. It'll all be lumped in with 'muh harassment!'

"Ohh you don't like how this tree looks... you're treeist man... and here's your perma ban, enjoy our games!! :)"

I'm surprised that I wasn't baned there just because of my twitter record alone ;P.

Last edited:

I disagree. The forums were full of stupid trolls, the same posts over and over again and nothing of value that couldn't already be found on tumblr or the subreddits.

And if you think devs are sensitive just for not wanting to be harassed then I hope you never have to deal with the vitriol some of them received because likely then you would become fragile too. The devs have been on the subreddit and have definitely read the feedback there, because it's posted politely and without the need to be aggressive or name-calling.

Can we expect a wave of pissed of BSN migrants coming to this forum in the future.

Because if so, I think I'm leaving for good.

Can we expect a wave of pissed of BSN migrants coming to this forum in the future.

Because if so, I think I'm leaving for good.
it won't happen, they don't like this games,
and if some of them come here, they will get banned, the mods here won't be patient with them, they will keep this forum clean, hopefully

---------- Updated at 07:49 PM ----------

Soooo, then are WE going to be the ones who migrate to Witcher subreddits? :D
i won't, i love this forums, there are lot of intelligent and friendly people to whom you can talk to or discuss almost anything, and you receive help when you need, in other forums people just complain and it's sarcasm and irony all the time

Guest 2091327

Overall it's probably not much of a loss. I only visited the Baldur's Gate forums, and they were pretty interesting, with some lengthy no-reload threads and so forth.

But then I think these forums took a solid nose-dive around the time Witcher 2 was released as well. Lots of very interesting discussions before that. Then a horde of not-so-friendly people showed up, there was a forum-wide ban on anything resembling political topics, and eventually I buggered off. Maybe things have improved over the last years, but it was a pretty nasty place back when I left.

The bad thing is that it's just another sign of how little EA cares about its customers. Why people keep buying their games after one horror-show after another is baffling to me, so maybe EA have the right idea. Nothing they do will truly drive people away anyway, so they may as well shut down any feedback channel, and let the PR department handle the a-social platforms.

Top Bottom