Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
I just wanted to ask something. Are you guys really upset because you will not get the physical copy of the card game? Or are you upset because people who have Xbox one, will get it for free?

Let us be honest here. Most people complain because they view it as "unfair". Or because they are collectors. I can not blame you for it, but complaining because someone else gets something extra is frankly a little bit "childish". No offense.

You can look at it another way. CDPR is giving away more free stuff. They are awesome for doing so, and speculating about secret special deals is meaningless.

Keep in mind that we are quite far away from the release date. If they can add something on the Xbox One CE, they can also add something else. On other platform versions as well.

Complaining about a company giving out more stuff, is quite selfish. In my honest opinion. Even if they get money from it. The money is going on CP77 anyway.

Or we can just cry out that CDPR is just another company that wants to take our money by making exclusive content. I don't think that is the case. Just wait and see.

Yep, agree with this. It seems everyone was happy with CE and CDPR, but as long as somebody else does not get more. Like Jesus once said in a tale fom Gospels (a very loose quote), why are you fucking complaining? You got what we agreed upon, and what I give another guy is not your fucking business. If Jesus can do this, I find it hard to blame CDPR.

I just wanted to ask something. Are you guys really upset because you will not get the physical copy of the card game? Or are you upset because people who have Xbox one, will get it for free?

This is antithetical to the values they espouse. Like 100% in the wrong direction. The problem is two fold: The said exactly the opposite, and fans are tired of this kind of marketing crap. They've been vocal and quite clear on this. It's just a deck of cards, but trust me they'll get raked over the coals all the same. But lets be honest, this is a tried and true MS practice and they're lagging behind Sony in sales. I'm just disappointed CDPR played along.

Im not the person who "eats CDPR PR talk without critical thought" , i was critical on more than one occasions, but this thing is going overboard...

I don't think it is going overboard. People, including me, are pissed off because CDPR is changing their tune again and alienates core fanbase

Germany thing - they apologised frankly and honestly for it (many devs/publishers still do that kind thing secretly) - brave move but some wont forget it and still hold grudge.

I don't hold a grudge, but it's one of the early examples where their PR talk didn't match their actions.

Moba Witcher game - what u expect , it works by micro-transactions - if it will be done like LOL im all for it - if not i will SCREAM but talking like its bad thing before knowing details ....

Again, a case of PR talk that didn't match their actions.

"Tomaszkiewicz explained that microtransactions would ruin the carefully crafted atmosphere of CD Projekt's games."

What exlusivity deal?GOG had it before , its not ingame content....

This is not CDPR giving goodies to Xbox One owners for free. Microsoft must have paid them for that (as part of their "marketing deal").

PC versions for owners of prequels are cheaper with more extras...

The Collector's Edition of The Witcher 3 is not cheaper for the owners of prequels.

but yeah scream more how CDPR is worse than EA...

Don't put words in my mouth.

Hold up, how much was the gog.com CE of TW3 was it less? & didn't they get different stuff?
They get mods too... bro we all get the same game & that is what matters in the end. So fuck these TW3 happy meal toys!
Who cares.. its a map and cards microsoft put in to maybe try and sell their consoles, but I doubt even that. Plus if all the 900p /1080p horse shit is true well.. at least the XB1/CE got cards and a cloth map for the fans. Like I said, PC gets a few songs we don't get + mods and whatever else for whatever price. But we all get the same core game and I'm not crying over that.;)

Again. Noone complained about the GOG edition, because it made sense. Those who don't want a physical copy get something else. THose that want a huge bbox with goodies get what they wanted, because we knew what was inside the boxes.
For pete's sake: WE DID NOT BUY THE FRIGGING GAME, WE BOUGHT THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!!
Some of us were actually looking for all the goodies possible. Sorry to say, but that is just narrow sighted nonsense, since it doesn't bother you that your collectors edition has less value than another person's who paid the same amount of money

It was a bad move from CDPR - and they must have known it will be. But comparing them to EA, corrupt companies, because you don't get the same goodies? Come on! It's a mistake, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

They didn't take away things they promised you, they gave more things to someone else. Complaining like a madman about is pure jealousy. And yes it feels shitty and unfair, but it not necessarily is, from the overall point of view. That's what they teach you in kindergarten.

Changing the contents of one of three identical products midway while mainwaining the same price across the board is a very bad move though.
I give EA a lot of shit and they deserve it too but atleast they are honest about how much they are shafting you, in the case of CD Projekt you discover it after purchase.

Let us be honest here. Most people complain because they view it as "unfair". Or because they are collectors. I can not blame you for it, but complaining because someone else gets something extra is frankly a little bit "childish". No offense.

You can look at it another way. CDPR is giving away more free stuff. They are awesome for doing so, and speculating about secret special deals is meaningless.

Keep in mind that we are quite far away from the release date. If they can add something on the Xbox One CE, they can also add something else. On other platform versions as well.

Complaining about a company giving out more stuff, is quite selfish. In my honest opinion. Even if they get money from it. The money is going on CP77 anyway.

Or we can just cry out that CDPR is just another company that wants to take our money by making exclusive content. I don't think that is the case. Just wait and see.

answer this: Do you have an XBox One?
2) Who the hell are you kidding, CDPR is giving free stuff only for XB versions because they are nice guys and MS didn't give them a ton of money. then by what criteria did they decide XB would be the lucky winner or "special treatment".
3) If CDPR is not playing favorites and there is something extra for PS4 and pc versions, then where is the anouncements for those? this news has been out for like 2-3h

Jupiter_on_Mars

Comparisons to EA are hyperbole but the equal statement is pure bullshit now imo.
Plus paying a substantial amount for an inferior CE because they changed the contents halfway is not very fan friendly at all.

Bogus.

That's a rather skewed and contrived way of putting it. You are getting *exactly* what you paid for, not an atom less. The contract still holds. It just happens gamers who pre-ordered the Xbox CE version will be upgraded, likely because Microsoft or someone in their behalf came forward with a big fat check to cover for all the extra goodies. No one is getting screwed. No one is getting less than what they paid for. Not a single individual. Frankly, this looks like an acute case of «If I can't have it, neither shall you.» The statement about equally treated platforms was clearly made in the context of in-game content and that statement still holds true.

Having said all this, I think this is a terrible move from CD Projekt.

The backlash is already intense as a growing number of people, even if unjustifiably so, seem to feel defrauded. Trust in CD Projekt, their most precious asset, seems to have been harmed. This is generating bad publicity at a time when the game should have been the sole focus of attentions. Franly, I'm surprised the marketing department didn't foresee the storm. As soon as I learned about the deal, I thought to myself, fan is going to get brown.

So my humble suggestions to the REDs are these:

1. Allow the extra goodies to be purchased separately, either on day 1 or further down the road.
2. Contact Sony to inquire whether they'd be interested in funding something similar, but different, for PS4.
3. Perhaps including a code for RED Kit 3.0 beta testing in the PC CE would be a good idea.

Last edited:
This is antithetical to the values they espouse. Like 100% in the wrong direction. The problem is two fold: The said exactly the opposite, and fans are tired of this kind of marketing crap. They've been vocal and quite clear on this. It's just a deck of cards, but trust me they'll get raked over the coals all the same.

Well yea I'm not saying that this was the best of decisions. Especially if they are not planning anything for the other platform versions. I'm just saying we should simply wait and see what they have in store for the other versions.

If they do not have any plans, then fine. People are entitled to complain and view it as unfair, but I choose not to. Since I think it is mostly comments of jealousy. I can't blame "crazy" collectors though. This might be a real bummer for them.

@blackgriffin

I do not have an Xbox One, nor will I ever get one. I am not that much of a gamer at this point in my life anyway. That is not the point though.

Yes sure, CDPR might have a deal with Microsoft, or simply they want to boost their Xbox One sales. I don't see a problem to that. You are getting everything you were promised anyway.

It is just that someone else gets something extra.

As I've already said, we are still far away from Release. Wait and see. You can complain if you want to, I'm just giving out my opinion about these complaints.

Last edited:
If only people would get his mad and vocal when companies give out exclusive dlc to specific systems.

I would suggest reading the forums of said games. Heck, just pay a visit to the Tomb Raider forums and prepare for pure anarchy.

If only people would get his mad and vocal when companies give out exclusive dlc to specific systems.

They did, when CDPR decided to offer exclusive DLCs to customers of different stores. They quickly fixed that by giving everyone all the DLCs shortly after the release.

Changing the contents of one of three identical products midway while mainwaining the same price across the board is a very bad move though.
I give EA a lot of shit and they deserve it too but atleast they are honest about how much they are shafting you, in the case of CD Projekt you discover it after purchase.

Never said it was a good move - it was terrible move, PR wise.
And it's not really changing contents - it's adding to one version.

It's like ordering an espresso in a cafe and complaining, that another guy sitting near you ordered the same thing and got an extra cookie. Please.

Again. Noone complained about the GOG edition, because it made sense. Those who don't want a physical copy get something else. THose that want a huge bbox with goodies get what they wanted, because we knew what was inside the boxes.
For pete's sake: WE DID NOT BUY THE FRIGGING GAME, WE BOUGHT THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!!
Some of us were actually looking for all the goodies possible. Sorry to say, but that is just narrow sighted nonsense, since it doesn't bother you that your collectors edition has less value than another person's who paid the same amount of money

What about those that want the digital steam or console versions? They are getting far less for more money. The same thing also happened with W2, if you bought the gog game you got more for your money than the steam version. CDPR has never practiced "parity" when it comes to non-game content.

People, as far as I know an equal treatment only applies to the game itself. Nobody was up in arms when TW2 CE for PC had Geralt's head, dice game, a florin, and other stuff Xbox 360 CE did not get. So it is not something CDPR just invented, all right? Now box one people get more stuff. So what, the same difference as with TW2.

So are you saying if XB1 CE jacks up the price about 15or20 bucks you will be happy?

What about those that want the digital steam or console versions? They are getting far less for more money. The same thing also happened with W2, if you bought the gog game you got more for your money than the steam version.

Everyone knew what they're buying up front. This is not the case with the Collector's Edition.

Yep, agree with this. It seems everyone was happy with CE and CDPR, but as long as somebody else does not get more. Like Jesus once said in a tale fom Gospels (a very loose quote), why are you fucking complaining? You got what we agreed upon, and what I give another guy is not your fucking business. If Jesus can do this, I find it hard to blame CDPR.

They made a deal with a company that has a long history of customer hostility. That doesn't bother you? CDPR can't claim to be a rebel in the industry and then pull shit like this. I just hope there aren't other 'deals' lurking under the surface. Is this why we get all the canned marketing speech now? I know for a fact SF4 was delayed a year on PC and Capcom wasn't allowed to say anything about it until just before it released, as per MS orders. That kind of practice is unacceptable in my eyes.

If I bought 1 object A for $30 from a man and then 10 minutes later I see he's selling 2 object A's for the same price I have no right to complain nor entitlement to the 2nd thing. My transaction is done, I get nothing because I had a deal and paid for exactly what I wanted.

Top Bottom