Any news about singleplayer campaign?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 hour game play per faction..
Choices that can change the outcome..
Hidden Treasures..​

reliusclover;n8334370 said:
We could go on and on discussing about what needs to get nerf or buff, whos OP or not, but iam deeply curious to what the campaign will be like, whats your thoughts it'll be like? since the patch, they remove the campaign option (hopefully thell slap it back there soon). As most of us who played the Witcher series, the reason why we fell in love with it so much is because of the story and i believe campaign mode should follow the same flow. I dont got the time to be reading books but id hope there are still more Geralt related source materials that they can squeeze out off. :) and while there at it, maybe they can slide in them *wink* *wink* situations, lol

i would like to see if campaign is like a journey of each fraction like the warcraft where there is map, world map, starting from starting point. with view card and we got complete fraction deck as we journey. but its only for campaign.
or there is map, each player have choosen a fraction for a week to play in campaign, and conquering that map. Northern is north, Nilf in south, Scoia'tael in east, Skellige in island west, and monster in ... i dont know where should monster position.

I mentioning position because ST lose war and retreat to east. nilfgard original country is on south, northern in novigard (north) and skellige is on west of novigrad. but monsters, where eredin should stay?
maybe on the midle (velen), or under the tree where ciri fighting crones?

TheShift;n8334640 said:
where your set to play a bunch of top players

this should be ranked match

Riven-Twain;n8337020 said:
I linked this Gamespot article from E3 2016 in the previous thread, but I'll quote it at length now, for those interested in the few details we've been told about the campaigns:

hey hey is that like my idea?
im so so happy if yes :D :D

Last edited:
It's done nicely in ES:Legends, bar the pricing. €20 for the new Dark Brotherhood story mode?? [you do get the default story ode free though] I think it's a bit steep, that's the price of some full on releases. I'm only doing that game F2P so it'll be an eon before I'll have the gold to get it, I think that stinks a bit. Hopefully CDPR won't do similar.

Sorry for bumping the old thread but I noticed that any mention of SP campaign now removed from the SP tab (before it was just grayed out "coming soon" logo). Is it supposed to be like this? Are there any news regarding sp campaign?

Riven-Twain did you hear anything about if Ciri Yen and Triss will make and appearance.. interacting with them was the biggest draw and best part of playing the witcher games going all the way back to the first with triss and shani

**** this is of course in my personal opinion****

Last edited:
Yes, let's talk about campaign, assuming we have anything to discuss besides "10 hours of gameplay per faction". Will SP campaign contain new cards to play with in MP? Premium variants of existing cards? Premium Gerald? Roach please? Pretty please? It's good card overall but as a legendary still a waste of 800 scraps.

Good to know SP campaign will be different from HS adventures, that's a certain fact.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n8534380 said:
Yes, let's talk about campaign, assuming we have anything to discuss besides "10 hours of gameplay per faction". Will SP campaign contain new cards to play with in MP? Premium variants of existing cards? Premium Gerald? Roach please? Pretty please? It's good card overall but as a legendary still a waste of 800 scraps.

Good to know SP campaign will be different from HS adventures, that's a certain fact.

Riven-Twain;n8534070 said:
For those interested in the single-player campaigns, you can read a bit more about them in one of my posts from an earlier thread on the topic.

As for any concerns about special cards exclusively available to players who buy the campaigns: Based on a reply I received to one of my questions at PAX East, apparently, there will be cards unique to the stories; however, these will only be available for use in single-player, and will not be transferable to the multi-player mode, due to balancing issues.

I was under the impression that we would get some cards for use in multiplayer as a reward for purchasing the single player. If that isn't true then I might not be interested in getting the single player. Oh well.

StrykerxS77x;n8534800 said:
I was under the impression that we would get some cards for use in multiplayer as a reward for purchasing the single player. If that isn't true then I might not be interested in getting the single player. Oh well.

NovaBlast;n8534190 said:
Riven-Twain did you hear anything about if Ciri Yen and Triss will make and appearance.. interacting with them was the biggest draw and best part of playing the witcher games going all the way back to the first with triss and shani
As far as I know, there have been no more specifics released yet. So, we're in for a surprise.

Evdaimonia;n8335010 said:
I really enjoyed the campaign in ES:L, too small though. I liked it because i get immersed in any fantasy world and also because it gives free cards. Free cards are actually very important for any F2P player.

This. The ESL campaign/tutorial was really and story driven with choices on your journey that decided what cards you would get. Seeing as TW3 had elements of decisions during quests too I hope they will feature in the single player campaign.

Marcin_Momot;n8535980 said:
We'll be talking about the details regarding campaign later this year. Right now we're focusing on transitioning from Closed Beta to the next phase. :)
Just don't do the mistake of putting pvp cards in a real money only content and it will be fine.

Single player campaign

RPG-like campaign for single player, could have few endings depending on what battle you pick. Increasing difficulty would make players buy more kegs or play duels more.
Single player tutorials added to game was succesfull idea, why not expand it with more story from Witcher's world?

Pretty sure they announced a long time ago that there would be a single player campaign at launch, just not in beta, and that it would need to be purchased (not f2p). But I could be mistaken.

There will be multiple single-player campaigns, based in the world of The Witcher. These are projected to release after Gwent leaves the Open Beta. From the information we have, the campaigns will take the form of a sort of RPG, which involves gathering warriors to fight for you, in the form of Gwent cards. Developers such as REDDorigen have indicated that the stories will have some challenging decisions, as in the previous Witcher games.

Here's a bit more information from the man himself:

REDDorigen;n8017320 said:
Our goal with single player campaigns is to tell more quality stories from The Witcher universe first and foremost - for us it's much more than just an additional game mode for free to play game, it's an opportunity to tell different kinds of stories and to explore different forms of narrative. Our team includes experienced writers and designers who worked on TW3, and we're all excited to work on it.

I hope that you'll enjoy it as much as we enjoy making it. Stay tuned for more details. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom