Artificial Intelligence - What do you think?

+
Up until I had that discussion with the PhDs I'd have agreed with you.
I have no doubt we'll eventually develop something close, heck they've been working on that for years. But as advanced as it may be it'll never be "intelligent".

Heh. I grew up with PhDs and Masters of what not. Mostly I learned, they rarely agree on squat in terms of future-tech. They've been wrong so many times, they generally shrug now.

Of course, these are all people 65+, so they do that a lot anyway.

Nope.

Because at it's heart intuition is non-logical. A computer can't be non-logical. It can only use binary logic, "yes", "no", there is no "what if".

it's not like our brain is something magical. it's basically signals traveling in a network. we just currently lack the knowledge to understand it properly.
so yeah, we are definitely not talking about a 2077 timeframe, but if we gain this understanding I don't see how modeling it would be impossible.

it's not like our brain is something magical.
You're correct, apes, heck even your dog has the ability. But electronics don't.
Maybe, just maybe, there will be some breakthrough but it doesn't seem probable. If you want to "what if" anything is possible ... probable is an entirely different matter.

it's not like our brain is something magical. it's basically signals traveling in a network. we just currently lack the knowledge to understand it properly.
so yeah, we are definitely not talking about a 2077 timeframe, but if we gain this understanding I don't see how modeling it would be impossible.

OUR BRAIN IS A COMPUTER

using Na+
and K+

these atoms are in our brain and in our Nervous system, K+ is 0 and Na+ is 1, that's how human body functions.
(Na+ has 65 electrons more than K+ that's how they are both positive atoms but are called - and +)

and it's funny,the way our nervous system works IS the way computers work. with 1s and zeroes

To add to what the others are saying. You're also forgetting about computers currently being designed using "fuzzy Logic" Quantum computing instead of binary logic. These are the types of systems science hopes will bring about proper AI.

i have an idea, how about in te game, we create an artifical inteligence? or we find a very primitive a.i. and we can help it grow and develop its knowledge and understand society, humans, etc, and qhe customize that a.i. as we want and then we find an artificial body for that intelligence, interesting, right!?

To add to what the others are saying. You're also forgetting about computers currently being designed using "fuzzy Logic" Quantum computing instead of binary logic. These are the types of systems science hopes will bring about proper AI.
I brought up quantum computing, same problem.

Meat brains can make associations between data/information computers cannot because they are restricted to associations they are programmed to make.
"Oh, that's easy, just associate every bit of data that's ever existed to every other bit."
Yeah ... right.

Anyone know any good books or movies on this, recently?

In either case, I think "Evil AI" or humanizing it entirely, has become a bit stale, and I'd like to see CDPR play things a bit differently.

If they're planning CP as a long term series, take it one step at a time and see it evolve and gain more relevance. ( please no Mass Effect with every writing team having a different way to go about it)

Except that current research into AI doesn't involve "programming" the computers. It involves teaching the computers the same way one teaches a child, as well as allowing it to research various subjects as opposed to programming in specific bits of information.

Except that current research into AI doesn't involve "programming" the computers. It involves teaching the computers the same way one teaches a child, as well as allowing it to research various subjects as opposed to programming in specific bits of information.

That doesn't imply no programming is involved, just programming for different things.

That doesn't imply no programming is involved, just programming for different things.
A computer with no programming? Without programming your toaster is smarter then a computer, it at least has the ability to pop up when your toast is done.

A computer with no programming? Without programming your toaster is smarter then a computer, it at least has the ability to pop up when your toast is done.
Without programming processor can be smart as human.

Spiking Neuron Adaptive Processor (SNAP) is a technology that consists of many custom-designed cores that operate in parallel, making it significantly faster than software neural networks that run on a CPU or a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). This new technology has the ability to learn autonomously, evolve and associate information just like the human brain.

SNAP also implements learning rules in hardware, enabling Autonomous Features Extraction (AFE) directly from input data without the need for any software processing.

What makes our technology exciting is that it learns from experience, autonomously like a human learns. It does not need to be trained with millions of samples like Deep Learning, it learns in seconds. Deep Learning networks need a power-hungry and huge supercomputer to train, and training takes days to weeks. BrainChip SNAP learns by itself, without specific training, and finds patterns in the input stream that humans may not be aware of.

The neurons we have developed autonomously learn through a process known as STDP (Synaptic Time Dependent Plasticity). Our fully digital neurons process input spikes directly in hardware and are all updated in parallel, which means that the response time of the network is independent of the network size. Sensory neurons convert physical stimuli into spikes. Learning occurs when the input is intense, or repeating through feedback at each neuron and this is directly correlated to the way the brain learns.

SNAP operates completely in parallel with no dependence on software,
which gives it its speed advantage.
So ai becoming more intelligent than human is only matter of time.

Top Bottom