Ask the Dev Team about TW2

+
HomemComH: potions have "real life" duration. So 10 minutes is real 10 minutes. You can see that in gameplay videos.

As far as I know, a lot of steam games have additional drm on top of steam's, at least it doesn't seem to be something ridiculous like the one from Ubi.

After reading this http://www.thewitcher.com/images/newsletter/TW2_FAQ_April2011.pdf I have some questions for CDP guys.
Registered users will also receive automatic notifications of updates via the game launcher. In addition, this will be the only way to update the product – patches will not be available as separate files, making it impossible to update illegal copies of the game in this manner.
1. Huh? Is this the case for GOG download too? It doesn't have DRM but you have to get online to update?2. Will GOG copies have keys?3. Will the "final" fully patched version be eventually available on GOG?4. A GOG copy will update anyway so what's the point?
Furthermore, we will make every effort to cooperate with our publishing and distribution partners to remove the DRM in a postrelease update.
5. So you must update online to get rid of online activation? It doesn't make sense. I suppose there must be a downloadable patch at some point, right?My concern is that having to register online to get updates is DRM. Please clarify this.As future owner of the GOG DRM free version I would like to have updates for TW2 available as downloads in my GOG account.Thank you!

1- Will Princess Adda be present in the game depending on our choices in the first game?2- Who will voice the Dandelion? The Actor who voiced him in TW or The Actor Who voiced him TWEE or someone else?(I'd prefer hearing the voice of the first actor)

@lubo 1654: Don’t think but if it appears I’ll let you know.@Mabelrode: No@ferryman10: I don’t think I can receive orens;(@DevilsAdvocate: 1. We haven’t tested all of them. All the ones that support games for windows should work just fine.2. No, in the menus you have a choice of keyboard and mouse or controller@slimgrin: No@secondchildren: They will offer various language versions: I believe English, French, German audio.It’s probably the best bet to visit their website.@Chromie192: Don’t worry about the music, it will be pretty epic:)@Longshot11: 1. Just get regular English version, polish vo’s will be available for download on May 17th.2. Yes, you can play with polish vo’s and have English/Czech text or the other way around3. For that I would refer to what each store has in game’s description. I can’t speak for all retailers.@PCMaster: As I mentioned 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3 will be supported from launch, however only 16:9 will be native.@AltanIV: 1. It’s also available in physical form2. Yes, for languages availability please refer to each store’s website.3. It doesn’t have to be your save-game if I’m not mistaken but you will be able to pick all major decisions from the first part before starting a game, therefore I don’t think you need to get saves from your friends:)4. At this moment, there are no plans like that.@Firky: There might be food in the game but Geralt won’t be able to eat any.@Metal Tengu: Face is final.@clst: I don’t know this actually, you would probably have to contact amazon.@Victorious: Everyone else has different voices, Geralt remains the same.@The Silver: We would like to release a tool for modders just can’t give you any details yet.@System Shock7: We have a few of our own plus .dds@LAZER555: No official plans yet.@Zatara56: I think they meant rolling:)@HomemComH: 10 minutes IRL@mihaihornet: GOG copies will have keys so you are able to register the game and have access to patches, downloadable content etc. No DRM though.@callofstalker: 1. Can’t tell you this.2. Different actor all together.

is shani gonna be in the game and are dx11 features gonna be implemented in the future after release?

@MM360In the game do we have audio options for battle music, ambient effects? If not, would it be very difficult to add in the patch? Thanks

minos00 said:
is shani gonna be in the game and are dx11 features gonna be implemented in the future after release?
HiThis is already been asked and longly discussed. Please you may want to read our TW2 Faq too for details.-No shani in tw2, sorry-the game runs on dx9 but it can also run fine on dx10-11-there certainly be implementation in the future

Moutch2 said:
HiI'm a French fan of the Witcher and I'm really looking forward to TW2 ! I hope I'll be understandable =)Recently, one of the biggest French videogames websites published a lukewarm ( this word may be too strong ) preview of TW2. Actually the writer is a big fan of The Witcher 1 and found some little issues that disappointed him while playing the first chapter of TW2 ( well, it's nothing like the DA2 disappointment ) :- When running from a fight, monsters stop following you past a certain distance, then you can regenerate before going back into the fight. The problem is that monsters' life don't regenerate and it makes the game too easy ( even if you try not to use this trick, sometimes you can't help doing it, when you're about to die for example.. )- There is a lack of accuracy during combat, it's hard to target a specific monster or corpse.- The interface is too console-friendly : the inventory is made of lists, shortcuts make a lozenge and it's impossible to change the keyboard controls ( well I think this last point comes from the fact it's a preview version )Are you aware of these problems ? Do you intend to deal with them ?Apart from that, he said the first chapter is fantastic and if they're all like that, the game will be better than the first one, so I'm excited ! =)Thanks !
mm360 you didn't answer to this one and said if that's true When running from a fight, monsters stop following you past a certain distance, then you can regenerate before going back into the fight. The problem is that monsters' life don't regenerate and it makes the game too easy ( even if you try not to use this trick, sometimes you can't help doing it, when you're about to die for example.. ) you have to correct it before the release

mihaihornet said:
After reading this http://www.thewitcher.com/images/newsletter/TW2_FAQ_April2011.pdf I have some questions for CDP guys.
Registered users will also receive automatic notifications of updates via the game launcher. In addition, this will be the only way to update the product – patches will not be available as separate files, making it impossible to update illegal copies of the game in this manner.
1. Huh? Is this the case for GOG download too? It doesn't have DRM but you have to get online to update?2. Will GOG copies have keys?3. Will the "final" fully patched version be eventually available on GOG?4. A GOG copy will update anyway so what's the point?
Furthermore, we will make every effort to cooperate with our publishing and distribution partners to remove the DRM in a postrelease update.
5. So you must update online to get rid of online activation? It doesn't make sense. I suppose there must be a downloadable patch at some point, right?My concern is that having to register online to get updates is DRM. Please clarify this.As future owner of the GOG DRM free version I would like to have updates for TW2 available as downloads in my GOG account.Thank you!
Posting again these questions that also bother me, because MM360 didn't fully reply them.

I would like to know more about the patching system too as I am quite concerned by what I've read about it so far.So... the only way to update the game is to register it and have the launcher update it automatically? And there will be no way to obtain standalone updates, even for the GOG version (i.e. no downloading the patches separately in self-contained installers from GOG.com)?If so then this is extremely disappointing - it is IMO a form of DRM; something which I was really hoping to avoid by buying the GOG version.

Will the Witcher 2 work with the G35 headset?Because lately a few games crysis 2 and OPRR the G35 headset didn't work until patched.

Question:Can you tell us a reason why major characters like Triss and Dendilion are getting new VA's? Did you just change the VA's because you felt the new ones would suit the characters better or is it do with the original VA's not being able to come back for TW2? Thanks

Hi guys,(another) Bioware refugee here :)Anyway I live in Asia and I saw that the Asian (HK) edition of the Witcher 2 is much cheaper than the US version here. The Asian version is in English but it contains Chinese subtitles. i want to know if the subtitles have a toggle on/off switch so i can disable them. While Im sure that they can I want to be sure before I put my pre order in.Thanks for any help anyone can provide to a newb.

Dear CDPR,1. I like to know what is the System Requirement for playing the game in Ultra settings. Thanks2. Do you have separate AUDIO options for battle music and ambients sound?3. How much control player has towards the camera? Can we lock the camera that player always have the over the shoulder view?4. I understand that creatures don't scale in area.. Will they respawn? I like them respawning as it would be quite boring to revisit those beautiful locations and end up nothing to fight.5. I find the projectile speed of the signs a little slow. Can i manually edit the speed anywhere in an options or ini file?6. How many difficulties level do you have in TW2?7. How many sidequests are there in TW2? Do we have random quest?Thanks

1- Will there be a some kind of save game generator like the DA2 one? 2- If not will i have the neutral ending if i do not import a save game?3- Which country in The Witcher world has the colours of brown and yellow?4- Can we use all the signs from the very beginning?5- Will the retail version have steam support?6- How many hours of game play do we have till we reach a certain end?7- Do we bore you with our questions?@ archaven6. The game will have four difficulty levels; the first three is like the difficulty levels in the first game and the fourth is a difficulty level where you lose all game progress if you die.

Can we turn off the cinematic camera for finishing moves and just have the ingame camera like The Witcher?

Top Bottom