Blood and Wine FAQ [No Spoilers]

+
Will you have to completed The Wither 3 to play Blood and Wine or is it available to play once I have purchased it?

Last edited:
You can start Blood and Wine straight away with a Geralt that CDPR created for you. But most people would advise you to finish the game and HoS and then play because it's more personal, you probably have a higher level, better gear and the story actually means something to you.

Can we know what the default world state is for a standalone play of B&W? Or will we be able to choose, a bit like the scene with the Chancellor in WH? Having lost my saves in a crash, I don't have time to replay the main game to get the outcome I'd want to take forward before launch.

Can we know what the default world state is for a standalone play of B&W? Or will we be able to choose, a bit like the scene with the Chancellor in WH? Having lost my saves in a crash, I don't have time to replay the main game to get the outcome I'd want to take forward before launch.

i'm not sure you actually have a world state in that case. I think you might actually just have a Geralt adventure,

---------- Updated at 12:19 PM ----------

@Riven-Twain any news on the preload and patch release date front?

Think one of the devs said there will be no preload for Steam, and since Poland went on long holidays, i doubt we will have any news till monday.

I was not asking for Steam. I was asking for GOG. Furthermore most people are probably on a long weekend but some will still be there to prepare the launch. The Mods said as much which is why I asked.

How exactly is this enemy scaling going to work? I got some help in another thread but I want to be 100% sure. Right now I'm a level 38 character and after I play BAW, let's say I'll be level 50. When I start a New Game +, will the first few missions and enemies be around level 50 and the higher enemies/missions will be leveled similarly to how they were in a regular playthrough except with 50 levels put into consideration?

Blood and Wine Preload?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if we are going to be able to preload the expansion before the release?

Still very confused on the release date for B&W. Specifically America eastern time.

I do know games and DLC are usually released Tuesdays but I'll just be really bummed if it's on Tuesday since Monday I have off and the next 4 days are an absolute hell; I work in a bank so the first of the month is incredibly stressful and busy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom