Bored and tired of playing against Nekker decks

+
i must be playing on too low mmr, because sihil kinda dropped off for me. LITERALLY 9 of the last 20 matches (and 18 of the last 40) have been against NG. What is that? 45%?? joy of joys

Remember how we all were stoked and exhilarated, hyped even, for this magically Golden Nekker Project? How naive and innocent we were, to be so wrong about something, life can be a bitch sometimes...
I thought the Golden Nekker project was something different - a single-player Gwent of some sort? (If that’s the case, it’s definitely confusing to have a card and an unrelated project share a name like that).

You guys should just do what I did at the beginning of this season and uninstall the game until they actually do something
Just uninstalled too - tired of 9P cards playing for 18+ or 25+ points every turn EVERY, SINGLE, GAME.

It just feels very weird they want to keep that state of Gwent. I'll save myself more frustration after trying hard to enjoy the game this season.

Just uninstalled too - tired of 9P cards playing for 18+ or 25+ points every turn EVERY, SINGLE, GAME.

It just feels very weird they want to keep that state of Gwent. I'll save myself more frustration after trying hard to enjoy the game this season.
First game tonight: my opponent played an 18 point aerondight and, guess what, he won. Strange, right?
Second game: my opponent uses random nekker, finds vilgefortz and randomly deletes my win condition.

Esc, concede, no gg as always and quit. Session over :)

This game is lost, maybe i should follow you.

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't know why everyone is so hard on GN.. today I played against a no unit Madoc traps Eldain deck and I gave GG proactively. This never happened before. GN is making other previously toxic decks as welcome one for me and that is a good sign.

What next? May be I will proactively give GG for Mill and Clog too.. all thanks to GN decks.

I gave GG proactively
Haha, well maybe it is more Aeroncard which is the problem, or that you play against so much neutrals which makes playing factions seem unnecessary. Why have factions at all? Remove factions and solve the devotion problem?

Maybe Aeronsword can be a dual faction card like ST and NG instead of neutral, bc nerfing it to 10 p does seem a bit like killing the card.

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone is so hard on GN.. today I played against a no unit Madoc traps Eldain deck and I gave GG proactively. This never happened before. GN is making other previously toxic decks as welcome one for me and that is a good sign.
When I read your comment, my first thought was you did not play many games this season. You simply did not have enough opportunities to learn about current state of the game. That's okay of course, just felt it needs to be pointed out that 33 games is very little to test/learn about meta properly.

I like the design of GN and I agree with you on opening new possibilities. I do not think GN itself is the problem, but, a part of a more complex issue where other 9P cards just play for too much tempo, comparing to other, slower decks that require little setup. Ciri decks do not require any setup, aside from perfecting draws for GN later, which is fairly easy. it's also the excellent finisher in second round when starting on Blue. It can also be played multiple times thinning the deck, ensuring high tempo and more consistent draws on second/third play.

GN is too cheap if you compare it with other tutor cards. It draws 3 cards consecutively, averaging for 20 point slam total. It's usually more, but because it can backfire, I've reduced the total score by a little margin. Oneiro/AA draws 2 cards over 2 rounds, Alzur does 1 for 8P, Decree does 1 for 9P, CoForest for 10, but GN draws 3 for 9 in single move.

I understand the concept of Ciri decks having a "disdvantage" due to low cost cards, therefore profiting to some degree from it, but this is, at least in current meta not a drawback anymore.

Ciri Isgith lineup, currently swarming meta is probably most memorable for me. From 215 games in 12 days, this was the most popular choice for players. I won games against it, but that never felt like a true win, but rather massive luck.

Another problem that many, and myself, already mentioned is Aerosuck, which favours blue coin massively. That in itself often was a reason, why I lost the game, simply because I started on Red - it's a genuinely bad feeling after game like this. It actually made me quit.

Ring is stil an issue. Spending all your golds, emptying your hand just to see 20 points coming dawn at you, taking you over on even. You've got nothing left and you are definitely being pushed 2:0 with Ciri Novaon board.

Aside from issues above, too many 9P cards play for 18-25 points and too many 5P cards play for 9 up to 20 at times.

Should GN be changed? I think yes, but how, depends on factors working around it. It could play three cards over 3 turns(1 card per turn), it could be doomed so it cannot be replayed, it could be nerfed by 1P so it cannot be used by Nova decks, but could support other archetypes that are not played as often.

i quit game for a while too and thats is being fantastic.

Currently playing Digital Talisman with my friends. Break from Gwent will do me good as well, maybe I will come back after dust settles.

rrc

Forum veteran
Haha, well maybe it is more Aeroncard which is the problem, or that you play against so much neutrals which makes playing factions seem unnecessary. Why have factions at all? Remove factions and solve the devotion problem?

Maybe Aeronsword can be a dual faction card like ST and NG instead of neutral, bc nerfing it to 10 p does seem a bit like killing the card.
Why is killing the card is bad? Milva was good and was nerfed to death in one season.. Aerondite has two two seasons.. so it should be fine.

The nekker/aerondight card game hits again, lowering the average iq by at least 20 points.
I watched a couple of tournament games and that was outrageous. Imagine being eliminated because your opponent delivers an almost 25 points kekker.

Top Bottom