BOTs For MultiPlayer!

+
Hi

this is extremely important

with bots you can start the game right away no need for full groups of players, specially important for regions where there are few players

and players can join in as a game is just started,

you can play whenever you want no need to wait long times for other players
or not been able to play at all (no players fund :( )

and if there is an option to play a team of players again team of bots, even better,
and i there is an option to customize bots, appearance and equipment, even more epic!
or in coop mode, one player and team of bots against team of bots and other players join in and replace the bot

games with bots live forever! everybody wins! :cool:

thank for reading!

Ummm ... CP2077 is already a single-player game at heart. I'm afraid I don't see the point of playing it's multi-player mode with a bot ... i.e. as single-player.

Sure it could be done ... but why? What's the point?

Last edited:
Well that's only if you assume the 2022 Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer game has classic FPS modes like DM, TDM, CTF etc.

games with bots live forever! everybody wins! :cool:

Ive suggested they should do seasons, players play a few week, reset, advertise the game, start new season, players play a few week, reset etc. I think my idea offers all kind of fun stuff, like keep the game super progressive, so players really want to be there when new season start or you are soon too much behind. Sure, casual players probably hate that alot, unless you happen to find some cool stuff.

Sure, casual players probably hate that alot, unless you happen to find some cool stuff.
So would hard core players.

"Yeah I made X progress last season, now it's all been reset."
Or, if progress is carried over.
"I didn't start playing with season 1, it's now season 9, if I try to jump in I'm nothing more then cannon fodder."

So would hard core players.

"Yeah I made X progress last season, now it's all been reset."
Or, if progress is carried over.
"I didn't start playing with season 1, it's now season 9, if I try to jump in I'm nothing more then cannon fodder."

Are you saying they should go with continuous mode, its hard to maintain.

I think they should release Role DCL every 3 month to get marketting boost and reset the online then too. Theres enough Roles for 2 years, so keep the online up 2 years sounds like a good first challenge in online space for CDPR.

Last edited:
Are you saying they should go with continuous mode, its hard to maintain.
Not really.
Look at the original EverQuest ... it's tiny compared to what it was but it's still out there.
And it's tiny because many people want instant gratification with minimal effort. Thus the current crop of MMOs with waypoint markers, solo play, etc. But there are also those that value reward for significant effort.

I think they should release Role DCL every 3 month to get marketting boost and reset the online then too. Theres enough Roles for 2 years, so keep the online up 2 years sounds like a good first challenge in online space for CDPR.
And I'd prefer a game where player "skill" is measured in how well you play your role not which automated game functions you downloaded and pasted in or how fast you can mash buttons.

Not really.
Look at the original EverQuest ... it's tiny compared to what it was but it's still out there.
And it's tiny because many people want instant gratification with minimal effort. Thus the current crop of MMOs with waypoint markers, solo play, etc. But there are also those that value reward for significant effort.

Are you sure its profitable though? We havent seen new Everquest. Big companies has money to burn to steal players from other companies etc.

Are you sure its profitable though? We havent seen new Everquest. Big companies has money to burn to steal players from other companies etc.
Is it making millions and billions, hell no. Is it making a profit? Obviously or the server wouldn't still be running.

Everyone wants to be E/A ... but guess what ... not everyone does. Some people are happy with making a good product and a decent living.

It's profitable enough the server is still running.
Is it making millions and billions, hell no. Is it making a profit, obviously or the server wouldn't be running.

Doubt "profitable enough" is enough for CDPR, gotta aim higher.

Doubt "profitable enough" is enough for CDPR, gotta aim higher.
I disagree.
CDPR has done FAR better then they ever expected.
They make their games much the same way a dedicated author writes a book. Sure there are hacks that write a 50 book series or those that jump on whatever bandwagon is currently trendy but the best authors create their works because they have a story to tell not because they expect to hit the best seller list.

I disagree.
CDPR has done FAR better then they ever expected.
They make their games much the same way a dedicated author writes a book. Sure there are hacks that write a 50 book series or those that jump on whatever bandwagon is currently trendy but the best authors create their works because they have a story to tell not because they expect to hit the best seller list.

I want CDPR to do well too. Im long time MMORPG gamer, Ive played easily 20 or so MMORPG, multiple max level characters with best gears etc. Thats why Im giving them my suggestion.

I want CDPR to do well too. Im long time MMORPG gamer, Ive played easily 20 or so MMORPG, multiple max level characters with best gears etc. Thats why Im giving them my suggestion.
And they do read these forms so they've seen it.
Suggest away!

But don't be like some that demand this or that or forecast doom and gloom if a game doesn't incorporate this or that feature. I'm personally VERY unhappy with the FPS and multiple "ease of play" features CDPR has incorporated into CP2077. But I'm still here because I hope maybe next time they'll create a real RPG. I'd LOVE to see what they could do with one.

And they do read these forms so they've seen it.
Suggest away!

But don't be like some that demand this or that or forecast doom and gloom if a game doesn't incorporate this or that feature. I'm personally VERY unhappy with the FPS and multiple "ease of play" features CDPR has incorporated into CP2077. But I'm still here because I hope maybe next time they'll create a real RPG. I'd LOVE to see what they could do with one.

We just gotta wait and see. CDPR is old company, sure they have seen what happened to MMORPG genre, its not how you want to do business. MMORPG companies/games are dropping like flies.

Do I see Fortnite leaking? 🤔

We know nothing about CPMultiplayer. It's too soon to talk about it.

We know theres 40 guy working on it, it doesnt sound very big. Sounds more like an addition than own game. If someone is hoping something like GTA online, it never gonna happen with 40 people.

Anybody know how many people worked on Gwent?? I would imagine Gwent was made by 20 dude or so.

Last edited:
I can't stand competitive multiplayer so I'm hoping if they actually do add multiplayer to this game (and I really hope they don't because I see zero value coming from it) it's either co-operative or some kind of wave based horde mode.

We know theres 40 guy working on it, it doesnt sound very big. Sounds more like an addition than own game. If someone is hoping something like GTA online, it never gonna happen with 40 people.

Anybody know how many people worked on Gwent?? I would imagine Gwent was made by 20 dude or so.

40 people working on it may not mean much. It's my understanding throwing more people at software development can result in it requiring more time. I suppose it makes sense if you consider the number of moving parts, amount of specialization and fact everyone involved has to be on the same page. You also have to consider those numbers are presumably subject to change.

Then you get to what CP2077 multiplayer is even going to be. A DLC? A standalone game? Are they reusing assets from the single-player game?

In regards to your question about Gwent, I seem to recall the value of one or two hundred being tossed around at some point there. Although, I'd wager a large number were working on art/assets. It wouldn't at all surprise me if the number of people working on mechanics and whatnot was limited. I'll stop there before I get myself into trouble :).

In regards to bots.... Yeah... no. Bots aren't what I'd classify as multiplayer. A SP game with bots is basically a SP game with more NPC's.

Bots wouldn't make sense unless the multiplayer modes are standard competitive fare, which I don't think CD Projekt Red has any interest in doing.

Then you get to what CP2077 multiplayer is even going to be. A DLC? A standalone game? Are they reusing assets from the single-player game?
I'd suspect ... i.e. GUESS ... multi-player will be a "stand alone" DLC. In that it will be post game content you can import you character into (but not back out of). And I'm sure they'll reuse every asset they can!

The problem is multi-player requires a totally different data base structure then a single-player game. With single-player the emphasis is of speed of data access and probably data compaction, whereas multi requires multiple access because other players also need to see what your character is wearing and where you're moving ALSO that multi-player data needs to be as minimal as possible because it needs to be transmitted via the RL net to multiple places and that's easiest if all players have the base graphic and combat/movement data on their individual machine BUT that's the reason it's so easy to hack some games (I'm looking at you Fallout 76) because you need to keep that data BOTH accessible and secure ... not easy.

Not taking these things into consideration is why so many multi-player implementations of games suck.

This is why (good) MMOs take far longer to create then single-player games.

Top Bottom