Bribery bugged

+
The chance of drawing "the best card" depends on the amount of special cards and artefacts. You can simply reduce the chance by adding more bronze units to your deck. If it contains just 13 units, I believe that the chance is 25,1 % = ( 1/13 + 1/12 + 1/11 )

View attachment 11045168

and how could you explain that Bribery draws my best card 3 time in the same round with only (1/23+1/22+1/21) = 13,65% chances each Time?!?

I have many more examples of Bribery drawing my best card than drawing a bronze one... In fact, I don’t have example of Bribery drawing another card that my best one....

But my theory of looking in the current deck is dead, tonight the best card was in my hand and Bribery found it...

Adding an anecdote to the weirdness of this card: a few months back, I was playing an NG Assimilate deck against MO. I played Bribery, and was shown exactly one card. Luckily, it was Ozzy, so I raided my opponents fridge and helped myself to a healthy helping of Yghern. But I always thought that the Create keyword was supposed to give you a choice of three? :shrug:

Adding an anecdote to the weirdness of this card: a few months back, I was playing an NG Assimilate deck against MO. I played Bribery, and was shown exactly one card. Luckily, it was Ozzy, so I raided my opponents fridge and helped myself to a healthy helping of Yghern. But I always thought that the Create keyword was supposed to give you a choice of three? :shrug:

One freaking card? If this isn't a confirmation that this card is hella bugged, idk what is.

DC9V

Forum veteran
and how could you explain that Bribery draws my best card 3 time in the same round with only (1/23+1/22+1/21) = 13,65% chances each Time?!?
Just because it is possible.
In this case: 13,65% means that Bribery creates your best card 13 (or 14?) times out of 100. In other words: When you play 100 matches and your opponent plays Bribery once per match, It's possible that during the first 13 matches, it will create your best card every single time. But it doesn't stop here: It's also possible that when you play 10000 matches, it creates your best card during the first 1300 matches every single time.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Adding an anecdote to the weirdness of this card: a few months back, I was playing an NG Assimilate deck against MO. I played Bribery, and was shown exactly one card. :shrug:
When duplicates and their origin were exluded completely from the draw pool (which obviously can be seen as a "bug"), and the opponent was having only double bronze units and only one single gold unit, then this could actually have been the case. lol

Are bronze duplicates included in the draw pool ?
Since the latest nerf, yes.
Post automatically merged:

That makes me feel oh so much better about a game I played this morning, when Bribery pulled Yghern out of my 24 unit MO thrive deck... [...]
Let's just be honest here, Bribery should not be some RNG auto win condition, for 8 provisions.
It's game breaking.
Bribery is almost never played as the first card, so all you need is 8 damage which equals the provision cost of Bribery.

Last edited:
Just because it is possible.
In this case: 13,65% means that Bribery creates your best card 13 (or 14?) times out of 100. In other words: When you play 100 matches and your opponent plays Bribery once per match, It's possible that during the first 13 matches, it will create your best card every single time. But it doesn't stop here: It's also possible that when you play 10000 matches, it creates your best card during the first 1300 matches every single time.

Of course it’s possible... As I said, one Time is just chance.

But the probability that happens 3 time Consecutively in the same round is 13,65 * 13,65 * 13,65 = 0,25%... Ok, It’s still possible, but there´s 99,75% chances not.

It’s not because it’s possible that it’s normal or the card works normally. If it’s was very rare, threads about it probably wouldn’t exist.

I notice this situation happens about 1-2 time by week (fortunatly, i don’t have to deal with this kind of card too often) It’s too many considering the % it would happen.

Since the latest nerf, yes.

If I well understand, the pool for Bribery must includ all units, even if in double in the deck, right ? (I even don’t expect the opposite was possible...)

Don’t need to search further....

If a player asked if duplicates are included in the pool, that means he didn’t experiment the case in game.

However, this situation would happen more often than having in choice the best card :

Chance to have the best card in the pool :
1/X + 1/X-1 + 1/X-2

Chance to have Bronze duplicates twice in the pool :
2/X + 2/X-1 (or 1/X-1) + 2/X-2 (or 1 or 0 depending of precedent results)

Probability are significantly superior to have a bronze card twice in the pool that having the best card.

The nerf mentionned just doesn’t work at all...

DC9V

Forum veteran
If a player asked if duplicates are included in the pool, that means he didn’t experiment the case in game.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm recently getting more bronze units so it's possible that I'm experiencing the nerf.
Chance to have Bronze duplicates twice in the pool :
2/X + 2/X-1 (or 1/X-1) + 2/X-2 (or 1 or 0 depending of precedent results)
I think that's false because it suggests gold duplicates.

No, it only suggests how the card is supposed to work :

The possibility of having twice the same card in the pool of Bribery if the card is twice in the deck.

DC9V

Forum veteran
No, it only suggests how the card is supposed to work :

The possibility of having twice the same card in the pool of Bribery if the card is twice in the deck.
yea but not every card is twice in the deck. you cannot use the same letter x for both singles and duplicates

yea but not every card is twice in the deck. you cannot use the same letter x for both singles and duplicates

X is just the number of units in the deck.

A duplicates bronze has an occurrence of 2/X, a gold or unique bronze has an occurrence of 1/X.

You said you have got only bronze in your pool for your last Bribery play ? This is my results as a « victim » :

Great Oak
Great Oak
Wild Boar
Philippa

And all my deck have more than 20 units

DC9V

Forum veteran
You said you have got only bronze in your pool for your last Bribery play ?
nope, I didn't say that. I think what you're referring to is a bug that someone had some month ago, but it shouldn't be relevant for now. I'm just trying to understand how it works within the current state. However, using x for both duplicates and single cards could make it difficult to compare older versions of Bribery with the current version, or a supposed-to-be-version. From now on I'll use S for single cards and D for duplicates.
e.g. we're not sure yet if duplicates appear twice, or subtract their origin card from the pool after being created.

This thread is NOT for complaining about Bribery, this is a bug report thread. Use this if you just want to say how unfair Bribery is or something like that. Several posts moved to that thread, and this one needs to get back on track.

I don’t know how Bribery works by the past, but I know what I experiment and what I can read on the card :

« Create and play a unit from your opposent´s starting deck »

All is said in the description. Starting deck = All units from the deck, duplicates included.
If the mecanic is different, the description should be different too : « create a unit from all the different units from... »

But that’s not what it’s written. So I think the card doesn’t work as expected by the decription. And if so, it’s an hidden advantage for Bribery, whether you like it or not.

I began Gwent since 03/2020, I don’t have a great experience of passed months, and if I can‘t refer to the description to play, build my deck, etc.. it’s a problem.

By the way I have a doubt now: the unit is created from the REMAINING in the deck? I mean, if the opponent has already played the card, can it still be created with brivery even if it is no more in their deck?

Guest 4375874

So is Bribery back to the usual? Since the patch it's become a staple in NG decks which isn't the problem but very telling. It appears to now be back to it's unbalanced form. EVERY match I've played where the card is used spawns a Gold/legendary card, not once has it given them anything else. In addition to that Imperial Diplomacy now always gives them a bronze card from the last update. It's as if the pool no longer includes bronze cards prior to the patch.

Top Bottom