[Broken Quest] Of Dairy and Darkness - Required Quest Item Missing

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Broken Quest] Of Dairy and Darkness - Required Quest Item Missing

After visiting Aeramas' burned down house, you need to activate the portal with two figurines purchased from a store in Novigrad: a Jade figurine and a Lizard figurine. However, even after multiple trips back to the store, where I purchased EVERYTHING in the store, there is still no Lizard figurine to be found. I have searched everywhere, but I can't move on with the quest until I purchased the lizard figurine...which never appears in the store...

The item is a enchanted Salamander. Its also very close to the regular Salamandar magical item. Check your Quest item inventory and see if its there. (Yellow shaded magical green lizard) if you have it all you ahve to do is use the portal. if not try meditating for two days and check back or relaod to an earlier save.

I'm also having this problem. Did the 2 days meditation and did too many things before going to Novigrad. Currently skipping this quest. Finished the noble man statue thingy quest tho.

The item is a enchanted Salamander. Its also very close to the regular Salamandar magical item. Check your Quest item inventory and see if its there. (Yellow shaded magical green lizard) if you have it all you ahve to do is use the portal. if not try meditating for two days and check back or relaod to an earlier save.

That item does not exist in the merchant's inventory at all. There is no salamander. When I buy everything in the store and go back to the pentagram at the burned down house, it says I don't have the required key. As mentioned, meditation and coming back etc does nothing. The game simply does not load the item into the available items for some reason. Things like this are why I wish there was a console in every game so I could force items to spawn or appear in my inventory to progress a quest when the quest reaches a dead end that requires a patch (that may never come).

That item does not exist in the merchant's inventory at all. There is no salamander. When I buy everything in the store and go back to the pentagram at the burned down house, it says I don't have the required key. As mentioned, meditation and coming back etc does nothing. The game simply does not load the item into the available items for some reason. Things like this are why I wish there was a console in every game so I could force items to spawn or appear in my inventory to progress a quest when the quest reaches a dead end that requires a patch (that may never come).

Ditto. No salamander anywhere. For me when I track the quest it's not pointing me to the house and not the store, when it used to direct me to the store to buy the items...but when I go to the pentagram it still tells me that I don't have the required key... Just hoping the devs see this so they can patch it in...

Ok, got it done with the help of cheatengine.
Don't know if I can post links here but it can be easily found using google.
Just follow the posts with the instructions.
Either go with that or wait for the patch.
Good Luck.

Yep, end up running into this problem yesterday. I finally gave up to look at a walk through to see if it's bugged. Sure enough that statue is missing from the merchant. So basically this quest is in limbo for me till it gets fixed. Also i rather wait for the patch at the moment. Hopefully it comes before I get close to finishing the game the first time. Been taking my time doing all the side quests.

I have this game on PC. The salamander item does not appear in the merchants item list. The quest therefore cannot be advanced by me. Needs a fix. Thanks.

Ok, got it done with the help of cheatengine.
Don't know if I can post links here but it can be easily found using google.
Just follow the posts with the instructions.
Either go with that or wait for the patch.
Good Luck.

You did? How? I'm familiar with the CheatEngine script that let's you change item ID's, but when I tried using the item grabber to get the ID for the salamander, it just doesn't appear in the list.

You did? How? I'm familiar with the CheatEngine script that let's you change item ID's, but when I tried using the item grabber to get the ID for the salamander, it just doesn't appear in the list.

Item ID changed in 1.03. Just checked it's 53218. Do the item change infront of the pentagram then examine it. Once the portal opens save the game.
Good Luck.

Item ID changed in 1.03. Just checked it's 53218. Do the item change infront of the pentagram then examine it. Once the portal opens save the game.
Good Luck.

Shoot, they JUST updated to 1.04, and I wonder if they might have changed the Item ID's again (or I've also heard that it might be specific to your machine, hence needing the item grabber). When I tried changing the Item ID I just got a blank name and still couldn't open the portal.

I would suggest make a hard save. then start changing items then reload once you get the ID that shows "Lizard Figurine". Start with 53218 then go up one at a time.

Edit: also just found out it bugs your horse equipment, be sure to remove them when trying this out.

Okay, so apparently they are not going to move fast on fixing this quest bugs for now. Probably a secondary problem as they see it. So I have alternative way of getting around this; beyond using that Cheat Engine method that BrynD mentioned.

1. Go and get the Debug Console Enabler from Witcher 3 Nexus (unofficial mod site). The link is:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...smods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=28&pUp=1

2. After following the instaliation instruction properly and getting the console to pop up in game via the tilde key (~) on your keyboard then type in the following commands:

additem('mq1002_artifact_1')
additem('mq1002_artifact_2')
additem('mq1002 _rtifact_3')

This should spawn in all three statues/figurines into your quest item section of your inventory. Make sure you use the those exact commands as shown there (apostrophes & underscores included). Also when I spawned these items in I always made sure I was out of any inventory screen when I used them. So when I was in game I could see these items flash up on that mid-lower-left side of the screen. This always happens when new items are added to your inventory after using these commands.

Okay, so apparently they are not going to move fast on fixing this quest bugs for now. Probably a secondary problem as they see it. So I have alternative way of getting around this; beyond using that Cheat Engine method that BrynD mentioned.

1. Go and get the Debug Console Enabler from Witcher 3 Nexus (unofficial mod site). The link is:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...smods.com/witcher3/ajax/modfiles/?id=28&pUp=1

2. After following the instaliation instruction properly and getting the console to pop up in game via the tilde key (~) on your keyboard then type in the following commands:

additem('mq1002_artifact_2')
additem('mq1002 _rtifact_3')

This should spawn in all three statues/figurines into your quest item section of your inventory. Make sure you use the those exact commands as shown there (apostrophes & underscores included). Also when I spawned these items in I always made sure I was out of any inventory screen when I used them. So when I was in game I could see these items flash up on that mid-lower-left side of the screen. This always happens when new items are added to your inventory after using these commands.

Yes, THANK YOU! I already had the debug console and I was trying to figure out the ID's for the missing items, but looking through the items folder after extracting that patch0.bundle was no help and I didn't want to screw up future quests by adding the wrong quest items, so thank you so much! As it turns out those 3 items are the Lizard Figurine, Bull Figurine, and Snake Figurine...NONE of which I had (I only had a Jade Figurine).

---------- Updated at 12:32 AM ----------

Some additional info for any who stumble across this. You only need the lizard figurine, as the bull and snake figurine are found inside. Assuming you were able to buy the Jade figuring, just use the first command to get the lizard figurine:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom