Bug - attack power, sign intensity, vitality way too high

+
Bug - attack power, sign intensity, vitality way too high

Hey

got a very annoying bug which basically makes my save worthless cause the game is no challenge anymore. Geralt's current level is 25. With equipped items and skills (+ mutagens) i'm above 4000 dps, have 850+ % sign intensity and 21000+ vitality. Even when uneqqipping all gear and skills Geralts sign intensity is still over 800 and vitality is over 16000. It should be 0% and about 6000-7000.

I don't know exactly what I did that caused this bug. But since it affects attack power, sign intensity and vitality I'd guess it somehow relates to a bug with mutagens...

I think (though I'm not sure) it happend after a fist fight during the cabaret quest. Used a decotation (the one that restores vitality when dealing damage) before I entered the house of the poster artist to fight those two guys. After leaving the house ( i guess there was a loading screen) the visual effect and the icon (timer) of the decotation where gone but my stats where somehow increased.. (Sorry for not remembering correctly, but I did some hours of running and talking quests afterwards and did not notice the changes right away...)

Would attach my save file but it does not seem to work at the moment :/

Best regards

Update:

I loaded an old save file and encountered this bug again. But I was wrong about when and where it occured. It happend during the fight with the earth elemental in the basement of the old house. I used dimeritium bombs (improved/ yellow version + cluster bomb skill) during this fight. This caused my stats to increase significantly. This increases remain after the fight.

Save files have been send.

Thanks and best regards...

I attached two save files, before and after the fight, the later exhibiting the bug.

Thanks and best regards...

Same Bug

I would like to thank the OP. I just realized that my vitality is over 20,000!!!!! It happened hours ago and it may not be a coincidence that I recently fought an earth elemental with a Demetrium bomb then. I am an alchemy spec also.

:( Please advise if there if a fix for this.

Currently I'm afraid there is no workaround for this. We have a fix ready and it's undergoing tests.

Op this happened to me aswell and what i found out is that this comes from standing in the dimeritium fog...i'm not sure what level but the longer you stand in the green fog the higher your stats go...you have to load a save before using any dimeritium bombs.

yeah hopefully it can fix my character because by the time I realized what happened all my saves were affected

Hi ilozen

The new 1.05 patch has fixed the bug, but it's not backwards compatible. Could you advise a fix or workaround?

Luckily it doesn't impact me heavily, only about a 10% increase to health and sigh intensity, but it still would be nice to have it the way it should be.

Thanks. :)

Hi ilozen

The new 1.05 patch has fixed the bug, but it's not backwards compatible. Could you advise a fix or workaround?

Luckily it doesn't impact me heavily, only about a 10% increase to health and sigh intensity, but it still would be nice to have it the way it should be.

Thats what i would like to know as well, i have a huge boost and patch havent fixed it backwards.

Yes, the fix will work backwards, you will get back to correct stats.

Please respond!
Clearly stats arent back to normal after an update. Maybe you have a workaround of some sort?

---------- Updated at 10:31 PM ----------

Hi ilozen

Actually i just tried to trow the bomb, just out of curiosity. And the bug itselfs inst fixed.. the stats kept rising the whole time i was standing in the fog.

Hello, this bug happened to me too. I was waiting the 1.05 patch for fix this but nothing. When will it be fixed?

Seriously CDPR, how did your testing team miss a bug like this? I think the game is awesome, really superb, but you have to look at some of your in house procedures when bugs like this are getting through as its just dreadful.

Then to say 1.05 fixes this and it clearly doesnt. Thats just bad.

Seriously CDPR, how did your testing team miss a bug like this? I think the game is awesome, really superb, but you have to look at some of your in house procedures when bugs like this are getting through as its just dreadful.

I am much more surprised that they actually had the fix, but somehow it's not in the 1.05 update

That is unfortunately true. The good side is that we have this already fixed and it should be in the next patch.

I also wanted to try to do a character reset with console command, but the console aint working since 1.05 lol

I have this very problem.

Synergy seems to be ruining my game I kill all things in the game with one hit.

I want to reset my character using the console command cleardevelop but the problem is that I don't want to lose all of my quest items.
If I could find some method of saving my quest items by being able to drop them temporarily or being able to somehow copy them with an external tool, I'll be satisfied that I have a workaround.

I am much more surprised that they actually had the fix, but somehow it's not in the 1.05 update

I also wanted to try to do a character reset with console command, but the console aint working since 1.05 lol

You're right, the dimeritium bugs are still bugged. Just did the quest where you have to defend a certain keep and throw the bombs into open portals to close them. This is my stats page right now:

View attachment 16453

Time to reload and use Yrden instead.

Yes, the fix will work backwards, you will get back to correct stats.

Can you please comment on when this will be fixed. This is a massive bug.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-06-07 04-14-27-72.jpg
    witcher3 2015-06-07 04-14-27-72.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom