Bug: Fast travel causing game to crash

+
Bug: Fast travel causing game to crash

I have just run into a bug where the game crashes when fast traveling. Below is some information from a few tests i carried out to replicate the problem.
I have not found any other instances of this kind of problem during my time playing the game.

Current quest being tracked: Following the Thread
comment: Tracking a different quest and fast traveling from Trottheim to Oxenfurt gate or St Gregory's bridge or Hierarch Square still leads to a crash.

Fast travel leading to a crash:
Trottheim to Oxenfurt gate
Trottheim to St Gregory's bridge
Trottheim to Hierarch square
Trottheim to Crow's perch
Trottheim to Royal palace in Vizima
Trottheim to White Orchar
Harviken to Oxenfurt gate

Fast travel that is successful:
Trottheim to Harviken
Trottheim to Bridge to Kaer Trolde Bridge
Kaer Trolde to St Greory's bridge

Additional information:
The crash occurs during the dialogue when fast traveling from one region to another.
My current level is 22.
This has occured just after having defeated Hammond in the Following the Thread quest.

Last edited:
There seem to be numerous CTDs from Skellige following one of the latest DLCs. Might try posting this in tech support.

I can confirm this bug exists, happened to me as well during the same quest. No matter what you do and how you travel it doesn't get fixed. The only way I fixed it is by loading an old save game and then trying the quest again however I am not sure what exactly I did that prevented it from happening again. I didn't disabled any DLC or something but fortunately it didn't happened in next try.

I am still kind of afraid that it might trigger again during some quest preventing me to travel from Skellige, hope it gets fixed in v1.07.

Hi,
if you are still experiencing this crash, please write to tw3support@cdprojektred.com - don't forget to attach save, crashlog and dxdiag.
Each case needs to be handled separately, as cause may be different even when occurrence looks similar ;)

I sent my logs in on the 28th of May the ones that took until the 5th of June to get a we are looking at it reply ... since then 1.05 and 1.06 have come out but no mention of a fix in the change logs.

Can you just send out an email to say when the game is bug free I'm mean i tried 1.05 and 1.06 then reverted back to 1.03 because it's the most stable.

I also had the "Following the Thread" ctd upon trying to fast travel back to Novigrad. After multiple attempts to fast travel anywhere without going to desk top I achieved it by going to the other signpost on the Island and fast traveling to Crow's Perch then riding to meet Lambert in Novigrad. The problem is the quest, I tried other combinations of quests in the Isles and zero problem.

@TK_GvR few users confirmed, that their crash is gone after completing various quests. This is why we ask about more details. As I wrote before - each case needs to be handled separately, as cause may be different even when occurrence looks similar. It is always better to check as much cases as possible to ensure we fixed issue for all players ;)

Top Bottom