Crash to desktop on trying to load into Velen.

+
Been doing a completely fresh run of the game with a clean install for the new next gen update. The first night I played I had no problems but the second day having ray tracing enabled would cause a crash so that was off while I waited on a fix for that. I've completed white orchard and talked to the emperor and in trying to fast travel to Velen the game crashes every time.

I've tried everything I could think of. Drivers are up to date, game files validated, I've swapped between DX12 and DX11, changed all the graphical options from ultra+ down to low. I can fast travel back to white orchard but no matter what I try Velen causes a crash.

I know its a long shot but wonder if anyone has figured out a workaround to this issue.

I have the exact same issue as you! I've literally tried EVERYTHING, even reinstalling the game. But the game crashes during the animated cut scene and it's super frustrating...

In my case deleting turbolighting mod solve the problem. I did reinstall the game too but the mods stayed in game folder and I had to remove it manually :)

Top Bottom