[BUG] Leshen spawns in Dragonslayer's Grotto

+
[BUG] Leshen spawns in Dragonslayer's Grotto

I am pretty sure the Leshen should NOT be spawning in the Dragonslayer's Grotto.

I may be wrong, but I think this is the Leshen that roams the woods behind the estate where you meet Letho...? Not sure, but anyway...
This only started happening after patch 1.12.

It scared the shit out of me when I visited the cave on my new playtrough cause it came out of nowhere (literally spawned behind my back). Though I reloaded the save and it didn't spawn the next time.

It looks like enemies do not recognize if the player is underground since 1.12. That leshen does "patrol" the woods above the cave and he "activates" and teleports into the cave if the player is below him.

I red yesterday on the Polish site gry online.pl, there is a way to avoid Leshen. You cannot burn toxic vapors in the cave by igni or torch and quickly run into a wall of stones that you need to destroy by the ard sign. Previously, you need to defeat the specters.

Nevertheless, the presence of level 20 Leshen in this place it certainly is a bug.

Last edited:
It looks like enemies do not recognize if the player is underground since 1.12. That leshen does "patrol" the woods above the cave and he "activates" and teleports into the cave if the player is below him.

Yes, this seems to be the general problem.

---------- Updated at 09:27 AM ----------

Do you perhaps have a save from near encountering the leshen in the Grotto? If so, please, send it to Tech Support. They need files, so they can investigate this. Thanks.

I tried to find a save, but it was probably a Quicksave and not a full save I made at the time, so it got overwritten.

---------- Updated at 09:27 AM ----------

Of course, I'll do it.

Thanks! I should also make a point of making full saves when I find bugs and submit it to tech support.

Yes. This bug is definitely STILL present in the game. You don't really expect to be attacked by a level 20 foe, when the game says the quest is suitable for level 11. Anyone know a fix to this?!

Anyone know a fix to this?!
Run away and come back when you're higher level. I'm being serious; I've done it myself multiple times. If you're only after the diagrams, enter through the back exit and you will be able to grab the diagrams without the leshen attacking you even if it does spawn inside the cave.

I don't know of any actual fix. The leshen doesn't always spawn there, either.

Yes. This bug is definitely STILL present in the game. You don't really expect to be attacked by a level 20 foe, when the game says the quest is suitable for level 11. Anyone know a fix to this?!

It's not a bug. It's the design of the game.

As @Draconifors states above, the game is not catered toward scaling to every level (similar to something like The Elder Scrolls or Diablo). It's an old-school approach, with different areas of the world / quests statically scaled to different levels. If engaged by enemies that appear orange or red threat level, you're in for a nearly insurmountable fight. You need to run away. If they have a red skull by their indicators, the game is basically trumpeting that you're likely to die outright. While it is an open-world format, it's truly not a "go anywhere, do anything" kind of game. Best bet is to follow the plot and take on contracts at your level until you get a feel for what each area is like.

Basically, you should be able to annihilate anything at your level or below (grey or green). It might take some potions or decoctions to be able to handle challenging enemies / quests (yellow). You're going to be in for a stiff challenge if you tackle hard scenarios (orange). And deadly challenges (red) basically mean you've got little to no chance of handling it. You might even break numerous weapons in a row causing only tiny amounts of damage.

Top Bottom