BUGS after Patch 2.1

+
Small Visual Bug only happens for me after 2.1 .Fingers' thing floats in the air then clips into his hand

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
Video senza titolo - Realizzato con Clipchamp.gif

i'm having this problem since 2.1... i do not think is the already known drifting problem 'cose as u can see onscreen inputs does not change. seems more like even if i'm using keyboard and mouse game does not disable I/O from the joypad allowing them to works at the same time

Found another bug -- during the quest "Disasterpiece", and doing the mission stealthily, you reach a point where Judy can mess with some pipes to create a smoke distraction for a couple of scavengers, allowing us to sneak in and take them out. One of the scavs sees V through a wall; the low one right behind Judy and the pipes. Although it is a low wall, it is solid, and the scav should not be able to see V through it. I had to backtrack to the door behind it to stop the detection meter from growing.

Wallhacking scavs, smh.

Oh and in the quest "Down on the street", the wheels of Oda's car still do not rotate when he approaches. They do when he leaves, though.

I just ran into this one the other day on Xbox Series X, with Phantom Liberty installed. My latest saves weren’t loading; the bar would get stuck at about 10%, and while the background spiel continued (the one about the hidden Militech facility), no matter how long I waited (I gave it 15 minutes one time) it wouldn’t budge.

I used cross-save to load the save on my PC, and while it did take longer than I would have expected, it loaded without any apparent issues.

Back on the Xbox I loaded a 3-days-old save (I’d done a fair bit since then) and it loaded quickly and without issue. Once that one was running I then was able to successfully load the newest save. However, when I saved the game from that point all my saved games, save for the older one I’d used, were missing. So far I haven’t noticed any new issues after that.

That newer save had about 80 hours of play on it. I’d completed Phantom Liberty and was wrapping up some jobs and gigs before meeting Hanako at Embers.

I’m very glad that I didn’t lose all that progress.
Post automatically merged:

I’ve found that Judy apparently has nothing to say about my adventures in Dogtown. During our dates when I pick the convo option for “I spent a night with the President”, she says nothing for about 5-10 seconds, until I get the convo options back. Tried this during several dates occurring during and after I finished Phantom Liberty, with the same outcome.

She says nothing and just continues looking at me as if I were still speaking. If it were real life I’d assume I’d made her angry lol

Last edited:
I've seen a few people mention this but not sure why it's not happening to more players, or maybe it is but they're not posting online : RED Launcher doesn't even appear any more when starting the game, the game just opens up instead. I've never seen that happen before either I don't think, I use the offline installers with GOG and the game seems to work ok but I think they might have to look at some type of offline installer bugs at least.

Also, if I remember rightly :

When installing the game it works fine when clicking launch.
When installing REDmod and clicking launch it opens up the "this pc" folder in Windows 11 and nothing else happens.
When installing PL and clicking launch nothing at all happens.

This is after uninstalling the game and reinstalling + deleting the CD Projekt Red and REDEngine folders + the Red Launcher folder from the programs folder too (not sure why that isn't mentioned as a file you need to delete when doing a fresh install but I saw someone mention it then found it.) Also made sure to restart the pc before installing too and opening the game with REDprelauncher.exe.

Hoping the issue can be found anyway. Personally I'd prefer to never see Red Launcher and just have mods activated as I don't log in anywhere and don't use Galaxy, etc, but it not appearing seems to point to something being off so it makes me wary about other problems arriving at some stage.

I don't look at every post in this thread but I'm sure I've seen a post or two about these chases stoping after a while so it could be, or it could be after a certain mission. Who knows, I wasn't paying enough attention to realise exactly when it stopped though probably it would have been easy to do so.

There are currently two(2) working threories about this that I've seen floating around.

1: A save file loaded up on 2.1 that has already completed gigs that would elicit a car chase response from the associated gang are retroactively activating one after another every few minutes on that save file.

2: These random car chases stop working when you kill a random, pre-placed group of gangers that are found around the map, which is where the "bug" claim comes from.

Honestly, my money is on the first theory, because I think endless, random car chases in this game is idiotic, personally. Literally one of the most boring, repetitive, chore-like things you could come up with when implementing any kind of "reputation" system for a game like this that gives you a literal laundry list of nice, luxury cars to drive around that have no weapons/defensive measures. This isn't Mad Max for crying out loud, but that's just me. Plus, I just think that would more likely be the cause.

1: A save file loaded up on 2.1 that has already completed gigs that would elicit a car chase response from the associated gang are retroactively activating one after another every few minutes on that save file.
This is also my bet, but it's difficult to know for sure because of how the system works. It only generates an ambush (or in a few cases, two or three) in response to a mission or gig. But it doesn't always do that. The precise reasons why can be guessed at. I know for a fact the mission where you rescue the doctor from Maelstrom can be done silent/non-lethal without generating an ambush OR it can be done loud and messy and does generate the ambush. I've done both since 2.1. But I've also ghosted one mission and then gotten an ambush anyway. Or was it a delayed ambush from some other gig? It's hard to know because they don't always carry murder notes saying why they are ambushing you.

All that makes it hard to know if the system is working or if it isn't. But I do know that in my fresh post-2.1 game I started, I have gone relatively long periods without ambushes and then triggered one with a mission or gig. Most recently a series of two Arasaka ambushes where they carried notes related to a certain kidnapping V is involved with after the parade mission. Will keep an eye out if there are more from that one. Usually it's just one ambush for a mission, but I also got two or three from Tygers where they carried the "Lie in Wait" note that mentioned "Nitta" who I'd never previously met or known about (another puzzler).

I think it's definitely the case that some missions/gigs either can't generate an ambush, no matter how you do them, or it is a random chance. Again, hard to tell if a dev doesn't chime in and reveal how it works.

So after buying both cyberpunk and phatom liberty I'm loving it so far. Untill it got stuck on a saving screen. Tried to reload and it gives me the message that my profile data is corrupted. Please don't tell me I have to delete my saves and start all over.... is there a way to fix this. I had multiple saves and it messed up all of them ? Playing on series X patch 2.10

So after buying both cyberpunk and phatom liberty I'm loving it so far. Untill it got stuck on a saving screen. Tried to reload and it gives me the message that my profile data is corrupted. Please don't tell me I have to delete my saves and start all over.... is there a way to fix this. I had multiple saves and it messed up all of them ? Playing on series X patch 2.10
In theory, your saves should be fine in the cloud.
I'm on xbox, and if it happen to me, that's what I would try :
On your library (or homescreen), on Cyberpunk > start button > manage game and addons > registered datas > Delete all
It will delete all your datas for the game on your console, but the datas on the cloud won't be deleted.
Then clear the cache and reboot your console (if on Series X).
-------
Unplugging method, works on any Xbox:
1. Power down your Xbox using the Xbox controller or the Power Off button on your Xbox
2. Unplug the power cable from the back of your Xbox
3. Wait at least two minutes
4. Plug the cable back into your Xbox
5. Turn your Xbox back on
Software method, works only on Xbox Series X:
1. Press the glowing Xbox button on your controller
2. Scroll right to Profile & system
3. Select Settings with the A button
4. Select Devices & Connections > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage
5. Select Clear Persistent Storage
-------
And finally launch the game. The datas registered on the cloud should be downloaded from the cloud.

For me the biggest bug is that you can not do finishers. I mean what? The core of this game is melee, how can be this even possible? When you see trailer for 2.0 and 2.1 version and you can't do that.
Please, fix this.

For me the biggest bug is that you can not do finishers. I mean what? The core of this game is melee, how can be this even possible? When you see trailer for 2.0 and 2.1 version and you can't do that.
Please, fix this.
They will ;)
We're aware of the issue where melee finisher animations are no longer triggering after updating the game to 2.1. Thank you for your patience while we're working on it.

Sasquatch freezes into this stance after she plugs into V (unless you start the fight by sneaking and punching out her battery). So if you want the whole epic hammer fight, this tends to happen:

SasquatchBug.jpg

(Have submitted a report)

Last edited:
On PS5:

When I am interacting with the radio in my apt at the beginning of the game, it says X to go to previous track, O to go to next, but then I hit X, I just jump instead. (O works normally.)

Healing items are removed from their slots and now my blood pump cyberware literally disappears randomly. I have to go all the way back to a ripperdoc to have it installed again.
Same happened to me once. But now... After the final mission when you take the time to obtain two new crafting specs, after going through the motions and choosing to craft the cyberware, the game then locks-out ripperdocs. I can visit them, open the menu, select change cyberware, but the mouse and key-z are not selectable nor is changing any cyberware. I have also gone back and replay mission and reloaded saves. No go. Is there a way to fix this? has this happened to anyone else? After 1134 hours of play (see image below as proof) it's the most frustration I've experienced since launch. Freezing the game at that stage pretty much makes it unplayable in any save, and class type I have. Not too impressed tbh. Any help or comments welcomed.
1704448503099.png

But now... After the final mission when you take the time to obtain two new crafting specs, after going through the motions and choosing to craft the cyberware, the game then locks-out ripperdocs. I can visit them, open the menu, select change cyberware, but the mouse and key-z are not selectable nor is changing any cyberware.
hmm you are most probably talking about "This corrosion" right? The whole mission is bugged since 2.1 from the point you visit the netrunner to get your special crafting material. if you enter her shop it reactivates an already done mission (black steel) in your log without the chance to remove it... you can progress tho meaning crafting the specs but since it seems bugged it might cause further issues if you go on... do you have that regained mission in your log? If yes you might rollback to a save before you did „this corrosion“ and avoid that mission until next patch : /

also there seems to be another bug which freezes ripperdocs if you have more than a certain amount of cyberware capacity. If you equip cyberware beyond 435 capacity (on my side f.e) the ripper docs just bug out from that point on not beeing able to sell or switch cyberware anymore at all - sounds similar to your issue but im not sure if its related in your case : /

i hope they fix both issues with the next patch - "this corrosion" & the cyberware issue.... for now im not aware of any workarounds/community-fixes for either one of these problems : /

Last edited:
I really appreciate your help though and for pointing me in the right direction for support!

Hopefully they get back to me soon, appreciate it is near Christmas period though :)

Just an update but i've still not had this problem fixed.

I was contacted by support who took my save but now they've gone fully silent. I was initially quite happy to give them time as it was the Christmas break + NYE but now it's becoming infuriating.

Xbox will not refund the game as they say it's CDPR issue and doesn't qualify.

I've tried re-emailing them to ask for an update and i've had 0 responses.

I'm a software engineer myself (granted in a much more boring field) and get that user support queries get left behind often but i've chased twice and not even had a 'Sorry, we're still looking into it response'

I'm basically out of pocket and can't play the game. It's even done it on New Games i've started.

I supported this game from Day one and pre-ordered it for PC. I thought it'd be nice to play on my xbox but apparently not :/

Top Bottom