Bugs (POST 1.22)

+
Be sure you don't have the files set to "Read-only" and that you are editing the correct file in the correct place (Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings). It could also be a result of the file being synced with some form of cloud storage that is automatically restoring a synced user.settings. Either way, the game will only rebuild the file if it is missing or you're installing, patching, or verifying/validating.

Until the cause of the issue is known, that's impossible to answer for certain. It certainly does seem to be something related to hardware/drivers, as most users do not experience this. Best bet is to send the issue into CDPR Support directly.

Additionally, if users on this thread could post their GPU, Driver Version, and Windows Version, it could help to start narrowing down possible sources of the problem.

Ok so I did a fresh install and had no mods running - went up to a Venomous Arachas and the stutter occurred. I will look for rot fiends and sirens to confirm - but this at least eliminates the mods and sweet fx.

Hi,

I just tried Witcher 3 on my new computer. I have a Geforce GTX 750 Ti and Windows 10.
I installed 1.22 version. Nvidia driver are up-to-date (latest available)
Everything is fine in the beginning, I can put details between high and medium and have a perfect framerate.

Problem come very quick: in the tutorial, just after training fighting (after puting back sword), camera is on Ciri and game crash: back to windows without any error message.

Is this something someone faced already ? what could I do to find out what's hapening? reinstall game? use other video driver ?

I already tried to change video settings ingame and tried to start new game several times. Game crashes alsways at the very same second :'(

Thank you very much for your help

Last edited:
1.) Uninstall all mods if using any.

2.) Verify / Validate your installation through Steam / GOG.

3.) Disable all overlay features through Steam / GOG.

4.) Ensure all DLC is fully installed (whatever you purchased and ALL Free DLC, whether you intend to use them or not).

5.) Be sure you are launching the game using "Run as administrator".

6.) Be sure you have not installed the game anywhere under Program Files, or Program Files(x86), as these are protected directories. If so, drag the entire Steam / GOG installation directory (all games) to the root of your drive.

See if any of those steps help. :)

Top Bottom