Burning resist?

+
Burning resist?

Hey all, somequetsions regarding burn resist. In particular, during Hearts of stone.

In NG, I never really needed more than 130-ish igni sign intensity, because at that point, everything that could burn, burnt when igni'd. However, during HoS, I noticed that not all enemies (mainly arachnamorphs and wolves) would suddenly not burn anymore at these intensities.

Do they have an innate burn resist like enemies in NG+ kind of do? Is this where the final tier of igni comes in?

thanks!

iCake

Forum veteran
Some enemies are indeed less prone to burning or immune to it outright. But with the superior petri's filter fixed in 1.10 that 4th tier igni ability is useless. Just drink that potion and you will 100% set aflame anything that burns ragardless of your sign intensity.

In fact I tested this one out on city guards after drinking a potion of clearance and unequiping all my armor. My sign intensity was 27%, but I just burned those guards to ashes with no problems.

Yeah, I know about Petri's philter, but I usually use tawny oil and maribor forest. And on consoles, using the extra 2 slots is a drag. So I'd rather have my igni work pure.

Bu anyway, thanks for the response.

iCake

Forum veteran
Yeah, I know about Petri's philter, but I usually use tawny oil and maribor forest. And on consoles, using the extra 2 slots is a drag. So I'd rather have my igni work pure.

Bu anyway, thanks for the response.

Then you can still avoid having to resort to that tier 4 igni ability. Just pump greater igni glyphs in all of your armor slots and go for higher sign intensity. For example, I had my sign intenisty at 186% and no igni glyphs in my wolven armor set, and those arachnamorphs burned for me without problems. I gather you don't even need thos 186% anyway, probably much less is needed to pull that off.

Some enemies are indeed less prone to burning or immune to it outright. But with the superior petri's filter fixed in 1.10 that 4th tier igni ability is useless. Just drink that potion and you will 100% set aflame anything that burns ragardless of your sign intensity.

In fact I tested this one out on city guards after drinking a potion of clearance and unequiping all my armor. My sign intensity was 27%, but I just burned those guards to ashes with no problems.

I tested this out once again today, and found to my surprise that the soldiers were no longer burning with superior Petri's Philter. They were burning fine a few days ago even with <50% intensity, when the potion was active. Best double check it on your end too.

iCake

Forum veteran
I tested this out once again today, and found to my surprise that the soldiers were no longer burning with superior Petri's Philter. They were burning fine a few days ago even with <50% intensity, when the potion was active. Best double check it on your end too.

Hmm, maybe your game glitched or something? Here's my test recorded just a few minutes ago

http://1drv.ms/1RBpKf9

iCake

Forum veteran
@Exentryk

Maybe you have hit a rare or very specific bug. If I were you I'd report it to the devs. If you're on PC make sure to send them your save files.

Then you can still avoid having to resort to that tier 4 igni ability. Just pump greater igni glyphs in all of your armor slots and go for higher sign intensity. For example, I had my sign intenisty at 186% and no igni glyphs in my wolven armor set, and those arachnamorphs burned for me without problems. I gather you don't even need thos 186% anyway, probably much less is needed to pull that off.

Maybe my game's glitching then, because I am packing a total of 170% igni, and the spiders are definately not always burning. Not even WITH petri's filter.

Maybe my game's glitching then, because I am packing a total of 170% igni, and the spiders are definately not always burning. Not even WITH petri's filter.

First Exentryk, then you. Maybe there is indeed a bug. I'd report that if I were you. Anyway, how do you know your Igni was 170%? It doesn't show anything past 100%.

I meant, My sign intensity is at +/-170%. Burning ~130% chance.

(I always found it weird that burning % doesn't show past 100%, but aard stagger goes way beyong 100%...

iCake - I think you should update your game files too. Patches 1.10 and 1.11 left some duplicate files in folders for some people. That's why people were getting weird errors. That's when I deleted a bunch of folders and verfied files (followed these steps). I think it might have been this step that "corrected" the burn chance on those soldiers.

iCake - I think you should update your game files too. Patches 1.10 and 1.11 left some duplicate files in folders for some people. That's why people were getting weird errors. That's when I deleted a bunch of folders and verfied files (followed these steps). I think it might have been this step that "corrected" the burn chance on those soldiers.

I'm playing on X1, so I'm pretty much sure I'm unaffected by whatever mess those duplicate folders made for some people. Well, unless an X1 version has an inherent bug like that that is. But if that's the case, there is nothing I can do about that really.

Top Bottom