Buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Director's Cut

+
One of the Directors Cut's special feature is the nudity. The game is freed of censorship. But if you want to avoid it, don't let Geralt sleep with all possible women. There is no need with one exception of one quest in Act III but it's a secondary quest and you don't need it to proceed in the mainstory. Regardless of the sexual part it's an interesting quest.

my game version is 1.5.0.1304 that and i'm not sure my copy either US or European. But currently the cards are censored, however the blood and gore is there. Anyone know how to uncensored the cards?

Hello.I have a few questions about the downloaded Director's Cut Enhanced version of The Witcher, which I have already purchased/downloaded.Mods: if this post is in the wrong section, please move it where it should go.The Atari.com page from which I bought the game (http://www.atari.com/games/witcher_enhanced_directors_cut) says it features:# Improved, Enhanced and Expanded Edition of the "Best RPG of 2007"# Director's Cut contains content not originally released in North America# Bonus DVD (D'jinii Adventure Editor and Two New Adventures)# The D’jinni Adventure Editor allows players to create or modify their own adventures in the world of The Witcher.# "The Price of Neutrality": the adventure tells the story of Geralt coming back to Kaer Morhen and finding a mysterious camp near the stronghold (featuring 3 new quests)# “Side Effects”: the first ever release of this new adventure which focuses on Geralt's close friend, Dandelion, and his troubles in Vizima City (featuring 5 new quests)# "Making of" DVD with never-before-seen bonus material (180 mins)# Game Soundtrack CD (73 mins)# "Inspired by" Music CD (59 mins)# Official Game Guide (112 pages)# "The Witcher" short story by Andrej Sapkowski featuring new artwork# Map of The Witcher’s worldI installed the game, applied the Director's Cut patch, and did find the D'jinni Adventure Editor and the new adventures. I believe, however, that I am missing:# "Making of" DVD with never-before-seen bonus material (180 mins)# Game Soundtrack CD (73 mins)# "Inspired by" Music CD (59 mins)# Official Game Guide (112 pages) (a game manual in PDF form of 80 pages in length was included - I'm not sure if this is the same item?)# "The Witcher" short story by Andrej Sapkowski featuring new artwork# Map of The Witcher’s worldAs the game was downloaded, I was expecting to find the above items in some sort of configuration that could be accessed on my PC or burned toDVD/CD, where applicable; however, I cannot locate them anywhere in the folder into which I downloaded/installed the game files. I believe they werenot actually included, but if they weren't, could someone tell me where to look?If they weren't included, can I obtain them somehow? Or are these items only included in the CD/DVD-ROM versions and Atari.com's sale page forthis enhanced director's cut version misleading?Also, I cannot register my game as I have no activation code (no such code was included in my order confirmation e-mail). Can you only registerthe game if purchased as a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM?If one of the mods or anyone else here can help me, I'd be very appreciative. I tried contacting customer service via Atari.com's webpage, but it cannotfind/confirm my order # nor my e-mail address for some reason.

Wow, atari dropped the ball on this one ..I'm quite sure the soundtrack CD, map, etc. are meant to be physical items.However, you should be able to get a registration key .. email them and bug them for one.I've heard of many people successfully obtaining one that way.Umm, try harder to contact customer service?They're the publisher, plus they sold you the item, so they're your port of call.

# "Making of" DVD with never-before-seen bonus material (180 mins)# Game Soundtrack CD (73 mins)# "Inspired by" Music CD (59 mins)# Official Game Guide (112 pages) (a game manual in PDF form of 80 pages in length was included - I'm not sure if this is the same item?)# "The Witcher" short story by Andrej Sapkowski featuring new artwork# Map of The Witcher’s world
All this stuff is in the Enhanced Edition. Eventually, you can jus download them from the Official Site.Enjoy

Check where you downloaded it from. I got mine from Direct2Drive.com and to get everything requires THREE downloads not just the game it's self.Also there are 2 codes involved. Activation and registration. You should contact Atari or check your download page a again. I made the mistake of only getting the activation key but didn't scroll down to see the registration key. Wnet back and looked again and found it.

Thanks. I purchased/downloaded directly from Atari.com. I don't believe there were any options provided besides the game download and the extended downloadservice (for which I did not opt). There was also no registration or activation keys provided in the purchase confirmation e-mail (pasted below in full with my order number and billing info x'd out).I've sent a message to Atari through their customer service contact service on their website and am awaiting their reply. For some reason their system doesnot recognize when I enter my order number or e-mail/password as references to my purchase.Dear Jason Chin,Thank you for shopping at the Atari Online Store, your number one source for videogame entertainment!This email is your proof of purchase, so print a copy for your records. The complete details for your order are available below.Thanks again for shopping at the Atari Online Store! Check out more Atari titles soon!http://www.atari.com/usYOUR ORDER AND BILLING INFORMATIONOrder Number: xxxOrder Date: 11-DEC-09Look for DRI*Atari, Inc. as the merchant on your credit card statementProduct Name Qty Ordered PriceThe Witcher: Enhanced Edition- Director's Cut 1 $14.99Sub Total: $14.99Tax: $1.33Total: $16.32Billing Address:xxxxxxxQUESTIONS REGARDING TECHNICAL SUPPORTIf you need assistance with the product(s) you have purchased, please contact Atari, Inc. at http://www.atari.com/us/support/. You can ask questions and request information on the following topics:• Installation• Troubleshooting software• Specific product features• General product informationPRODUCT DELIVERY AND BILLING QUESTIONSIf you need assistance with your Atari Online Store order, go to http://www.atari.com/cs/, where you can:• Check the shipping status of your order• View and print a copy of your invoice• Find answers to common questions• Contact a customer service representativeIf you ordered a physical product, we will send you a separate shipment notification via email as soon as your order has shipped.

Got a reply from Digital River (Atari's digital/download sales arm?) saying they couldn't help and instructing me to contact Atari.com directly.E-mailed Atari last week but still haven't heard back from them. I guess I'm not getting any help from Atari, so this'll be the last time I buy anything from them.

You're being too nice with them and hence they keep brushing you off to someone else.Contact the Better Business Bureau or whatever it's called where you live, it's the Department of Consumer Affairs in my country.Let that department know that Atari ripped you off and didn't give you what you payed for, let Atari know that you reported their greedy arse and gloat a bit if you want while you wait for action.

M.R.:I've taken your advice and posted a complaint on the BBB website. Let's see if they'll be able to help straighten this out. Thanks!

I purchased the Enhanced Edition and started playing last weekend, then installed the 1.5 patch and Director's Cut tonight. I went through the encounter with Triss and saw no difference - same blurred kiss scene, and the card. What should I have seen? If there is nothing more than that I really don't want to lose my progress. Please help. Thanks!

The first Triss sex card is equally modest in the censored and uncensored versions, so you weren't supposed to see any difference in it.The Witcher Wiki's array of the censored sex cards and the uncensored sex cards can help you figure out whether you're seeing the cards you're supposed to see.(Also, this isn't about The Witcher 2, so this thread actually belongs elsewhere.)

Ahh, so it was the cards that were censored! Got it!You know, though, it is really silly of the censors, considering the level of eroticism displayed on the cards is about equal to Playboy magazine circa 1972. Not complaining, mind you, just saying that,for a game rated M, the cards are rather tame. By comparison, Dragon Age:Origins left the ugly undies on knowing that someone would figure out a way of texture modding them away, and Age of Conan had bare breasts from the get-go.

i just wanted to find out with out those patches is it still playable becuase i been haven some serious issues ever sense i upgraded

I'm not sure I follow. What do you mean by "playable?" The game runs better with the patches, so if you are having issues with them, you will probably have at least the same troubles without them, if not more.

it wasn't /just/ the cards, the dryad and naiad have their breasts and crotches covered up in the censored version whereas they aren't in the original / non-censored game, but yes, that's all :peace:

abdulzahrin said:
abdulzahrin said:
get the director's cut patch :peace:
thanks...before this I thought that both 1.5 and director's cut are in one package [/quoteas did I ;) Yea...the Dir. Cut is an "additional" patch....Thanks for the info everyone!!!Good Hunting :)

Woohoo! -just watched a trailer for Witcher 2.... must have it! (also better dl the enhanced stuff for the original vanilla game. went off on a tangent w/Fallout 3 :hmmm:)

Top Bottom