Can't be long now...

+
Actually, the forum was created about 2 weeks ago. So I would really not put my money on a near-future release solely based on when the forum was opened... ;)

Relax, fans. I'm pretty sure CDPR knows how eagerly anticipated the toolset is. ;DThe will release it as soon as possible once they think it is ready for the masses.I dislike waiting as much as the next guy, but I fear besides waiting there is little one can do. Oh, a donation of some money to CDPR, say ... about half a million euros, would go a long way to speed up the process, I am quite sure. ;)

Oh, a donation of some money to CDPR, say ... about half a million euros, would go a long way to speed up the process, I am quite sure. WinkChecks wallet... Sorry bit short this week.

[size=10pt]Dont quote me because i am a mod[/size]Legal statement done, here is my PERSONNAL OPINION about it.So far, they did deliver stuff in decent time but, in a good state, the game took 4 years to built why ? They dumped everything that was done because they didn't liked it.Being a first for them and a small team (if you look at the size of the project and other dev resources) it is quite an achievement ! But for the toolset, i wont put up any dates but i would say that it will be out soon !

I understand Mobidoy. I'd rather have good toolset than a prematurely released one. Still, there is such a thing as keeping the momentum....

Dont forget that Poland know a lot about the witcher so, the peeps from the polish forum will build great addons i am pretty sure of it, be ready for some major witcher action !

but it is so difficult to wait and wait :'( would be nice if you release some infos about the toolset (what you can mod, etc)

Official info, just in case someone didn't knowD'jinni will be available for download to registered users only

Oh dear. I'm registered, but I only have a modem connection. I hope they give it to the magazines so these can put it on DVD.

Ahem, I hope I'm not out of line, but I see that the toolset forum changed to the mod editor forum.I prefer 'toolset', or even 'modding toolset' personally. Mod editor sounds like a far less powerful tool as far as the name goes.Anyone else agree, or am I just being supremely pointlessly picky as usual? :p

Corvinius said:
Oh dear. I'm registered, but I only have a modem connection. I hope they give it to the magazines so these can put it on DVD.
Seconded! Let the magazines have it! :)

Maybe its coming out this friday ! :D , even if it takes longer it can take as long as the crysis sdk :)

[quote Kasia Kuczyńska, The Witcher game designerSoon, all the fans will be given a special toolset – “D’jinni”. In order to satisfy curiosity of those awaiting, Kasia Kuczyńska (designer at CD Projekt RED) gives away some essential info about “D’jinni”."Game designer’s job is not only inventing the plot of a computer game but most of all transferring their ideas into game mechanics, so that the story would be more interesting and clear for the player. D’jinni is a mod editor which allows creating a plot in the form of quests’ structure, dialogs, characters present in the game’s world, monsters, locations and various situations that the player could encounter on different levels of the game. It’s not an easy task, that’s why D’jinni is a complex and extensive tool and learning all of its functions took me a lot of time. As a matter of fact, even these days I discover some new, better way of implementing a given plot’s element. Through the whole process of creating “The Witcher” D’jinni was actually being improved, supplemented and altered becoming more and more perfect tool adjusted to our needs. Thanks to that every user will be given a chance of telling their story in a way they imagined and putting the players into their world. This effect is worth the effort put into mastering all the options offered by D’jinni." [/QUOTE]So close I can almost feel it. 8)

You have to remember, this is a "pro" tool, more complex than the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset, and look at the mod community there. :-\

Top Bottom