Can't get past the second part of the prologue with the Ballista

+
Can't get past the second part of the prologue with the Ballista

I am not sure if this is a plot issue or a technical issue but here it goes...

I just got Witcher 2 on 360 and I can't get past the Ballista in the Barricade section. I can wind up the Ballista but then when it comes to aimining it despite having clicked incredibly rappidly in the less than three second window, I always fall short and a new round of combat occurs. I have gone through the same rounds of soldiers approaching me so many times and it is really repeditive. I just want to move on to the next section and it seems that no matter how fast I click it is never fast enough.

Can anyone help me?

Fellow Xbox 360 user: You will have to continue fighting off soldiers until they are all dead! Don't forget to loot them; for they have orens (money) and or swords and stuff. Don't give up - it is fun.

They will keep coming over and over, until you get through that QTE. I use keyboard and mouse on the PC, but I think the principle is the same: you need to find a hand position that lets you click very fast. With a mouse, I can two-hand it, holding the mouse in one hand and clicking with the other. There must be a similar way to use the controller.

Between attempts, be sure to scout the area for a clever Easter egg.

I tried killing wave after wave of soldiers but I have gone through at least scores of repeditive waves and I am still getting no where. I have tried reading "walkthroughs" on the PC version that say you can just increase the mouse sensitivity but you can't really do that for a 360. I thought my button massing skills were ok. It is only one button and 360 buttons are quite small so it isn't like I can put multiple fingers on it.

I am really not sure what to do. All I have read online says I should only have to fight through a few rounds to get through..

Is this an older controller that has seen some use ? Can you map that button to another button on the controller ?

Top Bottom