Can't interact with fast travel signs

+
Hi,

if have a problem with fast travel signs. When standing in front of them, the game does not react to clicking A on the controller or E on the keyboard (I dont get any popup or infomessage). As a consequence, i can not fast travel at all. I have used some Mods before, but even on a completely fresh game installation the bug persists. Can somebody help me on this?

Thanks in advance!

GOG, Steam, or Origin?

Also, is it possible that some mod file survived the game re-installation and is now causing the issue?
I know that when uninstalling a Steam game, some files are left in the game folder (and for that reason I always delete the entire folder, especially if the game had mods installed).

Have you tried exiting the game then reloading the save and trying again? I experienced something similar in my game, albeit rarely, and that's how I fixed it.

I just did the complete reinstall and it did not fix it. However i found that apparently it is the fault of the save. On a 2 year old save i could travel normally. I guess im gonna have to play the last few hours again (I have multiple saves of the last few hours and they all dont work, so i guess it is not a single corrupted save but some event in the game that triggered the bug).

If you installed and then removed a mod, that's very possible. Once a game has been saved using mods, it will create reference data in the save-state. Even removing the mod does not remove the references. They can then leave "holes" that break functionality. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's makes it impossible to use that save any further.

General rule of thumb for modding is to backup your saves, and test out various mods without saving. When you find a setup you like, you're mostly stuck with that setup until you complete that playthrough. Based on what's here, I'm going to guess that you were using a fast-travel mod at some point? If so, installing it again may fix your issue. If not...then you'll probably need to begin a new playthrough to resolve it. Or just Roach it everywhere.

I did not use any fast travel mods, but i remember that some mod (dont remember which it was) added some fast travel signs to the world.
I am currently stuck in wyzima (after coming from white orchard), so atleast i wont have to play that much again.

Thanks for the help :)

Top Bottom