Can't win a single game

+
4RM3D;n8625190 said:
If you are seriously depressed by Gwent, it may be wise to stop playing, for the good of your (mental) health. No matter how absorbing a game may seem, and no matter how much you may want to play it, it is, after all, merely a game. This is something you have to decide for yourself. If you do want to continue playing, read on...

Absolutely agree with this. If you get that depressed from playing a game, you should stop immediately and work on your issues. It's card game, it inherently has RNG to it, there are losing streaks to due to unlucky matchups. etc

KasumiGoto;n8689000 said:
Well obviously I don't want to offend anyone, I just find weather monsters a cheap and extremely easy to play tactic to play in lower MMR. In higher elo people know how to deal with weather better.

Fair enough. I respect your opinion.

I use eredin very good, and won high ranked many times so its not bad deck, but morkwarg and scoiatel control drive me crazy...

You need to only win one round per game to have your quest progress.
Also we get some resources for xp levels.
Weather monsters is quite effective. At least as long as many players skip clear sky for more fat cards.
GL.

alexGvinter;n8624960 said:
Everybody is way better than me, i feel unhappy while playing this game. I still try my best, but nothing really works. It increases my depression and i start to think about self destruction. Please help, any advice will be good. Its a red flag my friend. Do wateva dafuk u wanna do.

Mate, there were really a lot of players in Closed Beta and all of them got about 50+ kegs. It is okay that they have better cards and understand gwent better. I expect that most of them have already reached some ranking and you should meet more newcomers at low level. Try again, it should be way easier than during first days.

That's because of huge disbalance in the game right now. When you'll come to the rang 9 or 10 you'll see only SK and ST decks that are pretty much the same. People have no imagination at all, I usually don't GG any sort of that crap.

There is insanely simple reason you are loosing. Gwent resently went from closed to open beta and all closed beta players were resetted to lvl 1.
For example, as soon as I hit lvl 10 I went on ranked. Got to rank 5 instantly and won lvl 17 player.

Right now new players are doomed to loose games against experienced players, I started playing this game last year so it can't be helped.

Best advice I can come up with is that don't try to win every round. I usually pass round 1 if I have 10 or more points more than opponent.
If opponent pass also I can early pass round 2, if he keeps throwing cards to win I will have more cards for round 2 and 3.

Last edited:
MrRagdoll;n8702110 said:
Best advice I can come up with is that don't try to win every round. I usually pass round 1 if I have 10 or more points more than opponent.
If opponent pass also I can early pass round 2, if he keeps throwing cards to win I will have more cards for round 2 and 3.
Listen to this guy. The truth has been spoken. That is actually extremely important advice to understand.

I had at least 8 back to back loses this evening and I've been playing since closed beta. This game knows how to kick you in the balls for sure. Just do what everybody else does and join the Queensguard bandwagon!

I't not that hard to increase your win percentage. Just throw away all pride and originality and play the same 2 decks as everyone else. Winning is everything. (that was sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious)

Guest 4021160

ListlessDonkey;n8710440 said:
I had at least 8 back to back loses this evening and I've been playing since closed beta. This game knows how to kick you in the balls for sure. Just do what everybody else does and join the Queensguard bandwagon!

NO. Just NO. I refuse.

tinboots;n8689290 said:
Absolutely agree with this. If you get that depressed from playing a game, you should stop immediately and work on your issues. It's card game, it inherently has RNG to it, there are losing streaks to due to unlucky matchups. etc

Absolutely disagree with this. if you get depressed with an activity that appeals you or you like doing you should just try to solve the problems you have and it'll serve you in all your life (in the futur in same situations), especially here since we're talking about a mere Card Game (not really a big deal...). You should try to understand why are you getting depressed with just a los in an online card game (either you exagerate with the "depression" word, or you just take it too seriously in which case you shouldn't, it's just a game for entertaining/relaxing and having fun).
Fleeing is not a solution. (but don't force yourself to play, maybe you just don't like this type of games? if it's the case then you should stop playing it and not force yourself).

* To win gwent games as a beginner you gotta understand how the game works and preferably play some games vs AI opponent (the challenges are a good way to start and it gives you good oportunities to win cards and create better decks). Watching 1-2 basic strategy video is a good way to learnthe basics.

* The best in-game advice i can give you is not to try to win every round, sometimes it's better to give up a round to have an advantage and win the 2 other rounds ( See "Card advantage" section in this topic https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...tegy-schmategy)

And remember that we all start somewhere and lose our first (and maybe more) games, play it for fun this is just a game it shouldn't be a source of frustration/depression for you.

Last edited:
I'd advise to try to build a four queensguards deck. It does miracles quite often and right now people are crazy with new deck builds and they forget the power of classic QGs deck.

Top Bottom