CDPR, you f***ed up with 'The Witcher 3'

+
CDPR, you f***ed up with 'The Witcher 3'

Now, maybe the threadtitle is a bit misleading, what i want to say is, you guys set the bar sooo high for other game developers, it's nearly impossible for them to keep up with the greatness you guys have created with 'The Witcher 3'. The playtime,not linear story, everything and every step has it's own effect's, it's a treelike story, you can choose your own way until the final. The dialogues, the directing/camera during the cutscenes, the score, the amount of of loot and useables /crafting/alchemy. Top notch!

All in all, thank you guys for this amazing game, took me 160 hours to complete it. That being said, i never skipped dialogues, always made sure to get the most out of all dialogues (grey options first). Admiring the landscape a lot. And now the crazy thing, i haven't even touched the noticedboards yet, maybe like 3-5 papers at most! :D There is still plenty of content for me to enjoy. And then the upcoming DLC's!!! Awww yiss!!

Thanks again for the game. 60$ seems too cheap in comparison to other games which costs the same.

I was wondering about that too, for other RPG's already in development but possibly too far along to try and replicate some of the stuff CDPR implemented. There is going to be a lot of comparing future RPG's to Witcher 3 until the stuff CDPR becomes the norm or is improved on.

Damn them!

I too will be holding other games to a high standard, which is Witcher 3. Of course, their games will be different, but still, options for freely going about my business.

Damn, you almost got me there!

Anyway, my sentiments exactly. Dragon Age who?

Also as a rabid fan of the books, I salute CD Projekt for staying true to the lore and, in some aspects, improving it. Thanks a lot, guys.

The best thing we can hope for is that other developers actually want to compete and do so by writing better stories, relevant and believable side quests ect. Then CDPR definitely hasn't f***ed up story driven RPGs, but on the other hand strongly improved it.

Just imagine, Bethesda with good writing, Dragon Age less being MMORPG, more games like the old Gothic, I don't know, there is so much to improve with RPGs at this time.

Well, probably this is all only within my head, and I won't enjoy any other games from this moment on...

Title got me, but I agree. Next Game of this style I play will have to live up to Witcher 3, even the whole Witcher series, and I have doubts they will match the atmosphere and emotion that Witcher 3 gave me. Who knows though.

I'm guessing I'm the only one that still like inquisition? It a different game from Witcher 3 and you can't do things in this game that you can do in Inquisition, which is customization and controlling up to 4 characters. Also you can't dye your armor but that should change with mod for Witcher 3.

Lol, wrote a long ass annoyed reply at the number of hate threads here, and at how useless it is to spend your day shitting on a game you don't like on the devs' forums, until I thought about actually reading your post
:facepalm:

It was a good rant too, well too bad, deleted lol. I agree though, it's gonna be real hard to top this. Most RPG makers must have a really twitchy butthole right now thinking about how much more work they'll need to spend on their game to even compare to TW3... It's a good thing I believe. The higher the bar, the happier we all are !

Lol, wrote a long ass annoyed reply at the number of hate threads here, and at how useless it is to spend your day shitting on a game you don't like on the devs' forums, until I thought about actually reading your post
:facepalm:

It was a good rant too, well too bad, deleted lol. I agree though, it's gonna be real hard to top this. Most RPG makers must have a really twitchy butthole right now thinking about how much more work they'll need to spend on their game to even compare to TW3... It's a good thing I believe. The higher the bar, the happier we all are !

Maybe this mean there might be high hope for Elder Scroll 6 after all. And it better include every single region of Elder Scroll from Dagger Fall all the way to Skyrim to Elsywr and other new region as well.

Maybe this mean there might be high hope for Elder Scroll 6 after all. And it better include every single region of Elder Scroll from Dagger Fall all the way to Skyrim to Elsywr and other new region as well.

With a real story this time ! And not the manichean stuff Skyrim was full of with it's empty characters and even emptier quests and communities ! A man can dream ...

But really tho, if they manage something like Skyrim with the same level of quality writing as TW3, I'm sold. The lore is here, the world is here, the atmosphere is here, just bake a goddamn real story with real dialogue in all this !

I'm guessing I'm the only one that still like inquisition? It a different game from Witcher 3 and you can't do things in this game that you can do in Inquisition, which is customization and controlling up to 4 characters. Also you can't dye your armor but that should change with mod for Witcher 3.

Nope, you're not alone. But they are two different things. This is solo stuff with rare interference from 2nd party, DAI is group. Horses for courses and all that. The two cannot really be compared as like for like and anyone that tries it isn't really thinking very hard ;)

I know dat feel, bro.

I don't know how I'm ever going to enjoy another game again. TW3 is definitely the new benchmark for RPGs. I really thought TW2 already took a lot of things other developers try to do (especially BW, of course) and demonstrated how to do them right, but TW3 is just freaking incredible.

Haha, you made me frown when I read the threadtitle, but as I read on, I burst out in a great giggle - thinking that: Hey, stop poking around amongst my thoughts! :p

But really, stop poking around in there, it's a scary place... so, stop! ;)

Top Bottom